September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Soft-Focus Mineral Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by lorannpotter

I have been using this powder for years! I don't wear much makeup so I just use it to even out my complexion about everyday. It makes my skin smooth, even, and it works great! I'll continue to use it until I find a different product that I love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh. This looked so pretty when I first put it on - made my face kind of glowy. Then I noticed every flaw in my skin was showing up by the end of the day. Not exactly the look I was going for. If you have very a very smooth, even complexion, this may work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Brandy30

I use a foundation stick and love to set with this finishing powder the translucent 401. The brush actually is pretty soft! Less is more with this product. I mainly use on t zone and set under eye foundation. Love it and would recommend if you use a cream foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Diltet

I am very disappointed with this product. It looks so thick on my skin and it does not cover my skin smoothly. The brush which comes with it is totally useless. It is pointless to have a brush on top of the product if it is impossible to use it while it's on the powder. The brush is also very hard, it literally hurts my skin. I won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in translucent 401. It's not translucent enough -- it makes me look pasty.
Pros
- fragrance free

Cons
- chalky, pasty finish
- don't like the packaging; I just use my own brush vs the one connected to its lid.

I bought this as an alternative to MUF HD Loose powder. You live, you learn; I won't repurchase. It makes me look pasty/chalky.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by catcoastal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always use powder alone on my skin since I don't like foundation. This was a huge disappointment. Didn't blend well, and accentuated lines. It sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by p1nkb1iss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

EDIT (October 31 2011):
This update is a little bit late, but I did almost finish this product (I have no desire to finish it actually, so I changed some of my ratings). Right now I'm using Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher... so I can actually compare this to something.

- compared to Revlon's, this doesn't actually mattify or anything
- the packaging is really driving me nuts, I hate it. It's so annoying trying to fit my powder brush into the cap (I swirl my brush in the cap so I can get the powder on it evenly)
- one thing I like more about this than Revlon's is that this powder isn't sparkly, and although I bought both products in translucent, this product doesn't give my face a white cast (or make my face paler) as much as Revlon's finisher does.

But all in all, I will not repurchase this. Below is my original review.
------------------------
okay so this is the first translucent powder i've used, so i've got nothing to compare it to, but i can still give a brief review of what i think about this and how i make it work for me.

first off, i hate the packaging. ideally, i would shake a bit of powder into the cap, and swirl my brush in the cap to get it evenly on the brush, but it doesn't really sift the powder too well, so i end up dipping my brush in then trying to fit the brush in the cap to swirl. oh! i should mention that i don't use its brush, i use a stippling powder brush, and it's a bigger brush, so yeah, i have a hard time sticking it in the cap to swirl.

the key is to not take too much. always tap it off before putting it on your face (for me, i take very VERY little, cause i've taken too much before, and it made me look cakey. usually i tap it before putting it on my face, but when i tap, powder doesnt fly out - yes that's how little i take). before applying it on face i dab the brush on my tzone, and on each cheek, then i start swirling my stippling powder brush and buffing it in my skin.

it does give my skin a soft velvety look, and i feel like it does control my shine, at least for awhile. after a few hours, of course, it wears off, my velvety face is gone. but it works for me. i'm not really sure if i'll buy it again, but i will compare it to the revlon photoready finishing powder that i've also bought when i got this. hopefully that one will be better or works just as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mediocre. Packaging sucks. Does alright, I guess. I'm still on the hunt for something better though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Tried the translucent white one and it wasn't good.
Pros:
-nothing
Cons:
-dose not blend well
-isn't translucent. leaves skin white and powdery.
-Bad quality brush. Its really rough
-packaging sucks
-expensive

Cornstarch works better as a translucent face powder than this crap, and its obv. cheap and your pretty much set for life.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by yoniyum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The brush is horrible; it's very rough. The packaging also sucks -- too much powder comes out at once and it's very messy. The product itself is ok, nothing special. I've gotten similar results with other drugstore brand loose powders that were much cheaper. (The powder also irritates my face on some days, such as when I sweat more.)