Fyrinnae Inks Liquid Eyeliner in Tinsel Taupe

3.7

on 12/29/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Tinsel Taupe looks awesome in the tube, but as for a liner, it didn't work for me. The formula takes forever to set, smears, flakes, is too sheer, and doesn't work on my waterline. I tried it as a "liquid shadow" (smeared across the lid) & it worked, but that's not what I bought it for.

on 6/27/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I purchased 4 of these in the sample sizes. The color descriptions are below.

Yes, this eyeliner is definitely watery, as other reviewers have stated. I use it on my waterline. It applies very easily, as the brush is very soft in texture yet has enough shape to it for lining. I am usually unable to use liner on my waterline because it literally hurts but I can use this one without any discomfort.

I find that it dries rather quickly on me, even with the watery texture. I'm wondering if that's because I live in sunny SoCal (?). Once it dries, it absolutely does not budge at all! Quite a feat on my oily eyelids. I am sold on this eyeliner!

Color descriptions of the colors I purchased:

Bionic Brown: "deep chocolate with bronze and golden shimmer." Color is gorgeous on my brown eyes.

Tinsel Taupe: "deep silvery taupe." Love this color! I also use it as an eyeshadow base with an eyeshadow brush. Looks great under Snow Leopard.

Ninja: "black, black, black. No shimmer." I find myself reaching for this color the most. Even though there is not shimmer, it's not a flat, matte black either.

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere: "deep cool brown/pewter shade." This works great as an eyeshadow base also, with brown eyeshadows. I've used it with Sirloin of Beef and loved it!

Overall, I am very impressed with the quality, color selection & lasting ability of these eyeliners. Would definitely repurchase again, and this time, the full sizes!

on 6/4/2008 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I too would have liked it to have a darker undertone as well. I like the gold and the shimmer, and for this reason it works better as an all-over lid color instead of just a liner. It also didn't do much when I wore it on my waterline. Not a lot of oomph (which some people could be looking for!) It does take a while to dry so keep that in mind if you are using it.
It is a gorgeous taupe. :)

on 12/25/2007 6:41:00 PM

I like the Fyrinnae inks. This is a pretty taupe, but it has a little too much gold in it for me. Don't get me wrong it is very pretty and does make my eyes brighter, but I thought it was going to be a little darker.

on 10/9/2007 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

As with all of the Fyrinnae inks, I love the packaging on this and the formulation. It is extremely easy to apply and stays put well. What is really special about this liner is the color. I don't have (and haven't) had anything else quite this color. It is a reflective taupe color that seems almost metallic, but doesn't look "over the top" for day wear. I like to pair it with a slightly darker lid color for contrast. It's definitely a color I would recommend to anyone wanting an unusual liner.

on 7/23/2007 2:46:00 PM

This is a lovely product, like the rest of the inks liners that I've tried. The color has been described, and I agree, it's a lovely taupe color. It's not quite as dark as I had thought it would be but it does a great job of brightening my eyes and giving some shimmer!