August 27, 2014 | 1627 users online

Powder - Almay - Clear Complexion Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

In my quest to find the perfect powder, I tried this. It advertised clear skin, and I'm a teenager, I figured I'd give it a go. It's a powder. The product is difficult to get out of the container onto your face. It was expensive for an everyday essential. I've found better products for a fraction of the cost. Plus, the mirror broke after the second use!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is VERY similar to a product that Clean & Clear used to make -- the blue "shine control" powder. I used that product back in the day (all through high school) and I LOVED it. This Almay powder does everything that C&C powder used to do--controls shine, provides a nice matte finish--with the added benefits of better ingredients (salicylic acid, kaolin, corn starch...) and the fact that it's not blue and won't make you look goth like the C&C did if you put too much on.
Having said that, this powder is not quite what I've been looking for and so I am going to return it. It does provide a nice glow and matte finish, and from a few feet away it makes me look great -- polished and dewy. But it does not cover pores (AT ALL!) or acne scars. I would even say it provides NO coverage, and so it should not be described so much as a foundation but as a finishing powder, I think. (I'm on an epic quest to find a drugstore equivalent of Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat compact, which covers FLAWLESSLY.) I used the lightest shade, and found it was a perfect match for my very fair skin. I didn't notice any orange effect at all. It didn't irritate my skin, and I didn't see any negative results from it. But I'm just looking for a little bit more coverage. I think this would be a really great product for a girl in high school or college (one who doesn't have large pores or major blemishes/scars to cover) who just wants a quick, sheer cover with the added bonus of salicylic acid.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mariadyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on clearance at SDM for 7 bucks. The packaging is a nice yellow and it was very easy to open/close. I got the shade Medium 300 and I think it matches me well. The coverage of this is very sheer, almost translucent and definitely not for those who expect a full coverage powder. This is obviously more of a setting powder than anything. Since I don't really have immense breakouts and blemishes, I was fine with its coverage. I wear concealer under my eyes and on my occasional blemishes and set it with this powder. I actually like the way it made my face feel and it didn't break me out. I also have oily skin but this didn't lessen nor added to my oiliness. The biggest downfall in this product is the powder itself. It's so difficult to get them to stick to my brush since it's hard as rock. I had to scratch the surface to produce some powder. Needless to say, I'm not repurchasing since I guess a cheap translucent powder would just be as good, if not better, as this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I bought this because I was thinking back to what I used a few years back, when I was clear. I recalled Almay powder, and one of the Cover Girls, though with their package change, I couldn't recognize what I'd used. So I got this. The only pro is that it didn't break me out. And the case is alright.
The cons? Very little coverage. Goes on ok over a foundation/tinted moisturizer, however this stuff oxidizes to orange, quickly enough. The oxidization on skin without foundation is much worse than with. The orange cast, midday made me look hyperpigmented and gave a mildly jaundiced tint.
Boo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by vckneff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I love this powder, But I would describe it as translucent. The salicylic acid gives my face some protection against breakouts. I am a 50ish woman with, yes still oily skin. I use a moisturizing foundation and this as powder. It leaves me with a nice finish. Not too matt, and no shine during the day. Stopped using this for a couple of years and now I'm back to it. It is my HG for powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

I have a hard time finding a concealer that matches my skin - this in Light 100 matches well - but don't expect it to cover even the most minor flaws. It may even your skin tone, but it is far too translucent and you have to pack it on (and not with the included applicator). I wouldn't buy it again but I'll use it until it's gone- but only on days when my skin is most clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

Terrible powder. The puff that comes with it is terrible as well. It's so hard to explain...but I couldn't even get any of the powder on to the puff itself and then on my face. the puff was too rough or something. Then, I tried to use a makeup brush, but the powder was too thick and solidified so it didn't catch onto the brush. Terrible stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by microems

I had high hopes for this product!!!

I'm not sure if I just bought a bad lot, because this thing is like chalk! You cannot pick up a decent amount of product with a sponge, brush, etc. From what I did manage to pick up, I can say that it's a very translucent powder. No coverage at all. I only tried it 2-3 times because like I said, it's like chalk! Will definitely return.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

This is like a trasluscent powder, if you're looking for even a little coverage this is not for you! I makes you look cakey and powdery but it works well absorbing oil and sweat, I jut use it for the gym.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by beigek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree that it is packed tightly and you have to loosen a bit with your nail or the end of the brush.I like the pale color tho,again,I have SO much trouble finding a light shade that covers as well.I like it,and hope the tightly packed powder will prevent it from breaking up when accidently dropped,which is what usually happens with all of my Almay compacts...