September 2, 2014 | 1826 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by IMalfa

I've been using it for years. I usually use this in the morning and evening to prevent a major breakout or when I see the first stages of one. It works best when I wash my face shortly before applying (but that's probably because my skin is oily) works pretty well on its own. My only problem is that you definitely cannot put this on right before bed if you have colored sheets/pillowcases because IT WILL cause bleaching. I found a way around that (a white towel over the pillows) also the product does solidify around the opening of the tube which is a bit annoying. But overall it's good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This moisturizer was part of my 3 step acne solutions kit. I used this system for 5 weeks and in my video I posted before and after pictures as well as 5 weeks worth of progress pictures. I hope you can check it out. I have combination skin (oily and normal) and have mild acne. The active ingredient in these products is salicylic acid.It kept my skin moisturized without clogging my pores. But honestly it was nothing special. Overall this system did clear up my skin but the problem that I have with this system is that it does not prevent new pimples from forming on my skin. It helped clear up the acne that I already had but new pimples kept forming. I hope this review helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by SunnySoFla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my everyday, every night lotion. I still breakout occasionally, but nothing like if I quit using it or run out. This doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make it an oil slick either. I may be a little biased when It comes to this product because I had the worst experience on my "perfect moisturizer quest". Everything made me break out! When I came across this and didn't breakout after a week and my acne was actually improving, I was hooked and never tried another product out of fear that I would have severe breakouts again. I only wish it had SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Angel70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a "cosmetic-counter skeptic" on steroids usually, but in an effort to get my skin nice before I celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary at 43, I thought "why not?" So I've been diligently using this moisturizer every night and morning along with Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish treatment and Neutrogena's Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum. I have had some promising results at the 2-week mark here. I am usually very oily and blemish-prone. This is the best moisturizer as it provides a protective barrier against acne-causing bacteria. I have tried so many treatments and ended it with little to no effects. I am very happy and will be continuing this for some long time to come. I think I can ditch the foundation now!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, I cannot say it was terrible. It moisturized my skin well and left a clean and soft feeling on my face.But, the problem is that it doesn't control oil in long term, the balance does not last long. I mean even in 30-45 minutes again I start to shine. One cannot imagine makeup over this moisturizer. For example, a foundation would easily melt. Another thing is that it gives an undertaking about treating acnes, but it is not successful in reducing them. As a final disadvantage it is really expensive. This was my main reason for giving up using this product. There may be other beneficial products, which is at the same price or even cheaper. And there are products which is worth buying rather than this. Since I had found a cheaper, dermo cosmetic and more successful product, I stopped using this when I ran out. It wasn't helpful for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Best acne treatment / moisturizer I ever tried. It totally changed my face, I use it under the makeup and in the evening, too. No itchy / burning feelings, smells amazing and doesn't make me dry, even in winter time. I would repurchase this and recommend for all the people who needs product that really works. BUT I live in Europe and I have a version WITHOUT BENZOYL PEROXIDE.

INGREDIENTS (Europe version): water, cyclopentasiloxane, ppg-14 butyl ether, hamamelis virginiana water, sucrose, steareth-21, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, acetyl glucosamine, camellia sinensis leaf extract, algae extract, avena sativa extract, glycyne, anthemis nobilis, matricaria, hinokitiol, menthol, salicylic acid, isohexadecane, caffeine, steareth-2, glycerin, quaternium-22, butylene glycol, polysorbate 80, phytosphingosine, pentylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, benzalkonium chloride

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I HATED this product and the whole acne line. I felt like it only made my acne spread... I used it for almost 3 months.. I was lucky they let me take it back to them. I was so upset.. I was having breakouts that my DS stuff wasn't working to fix and thought I'd get this instead of the Proactive line... after getting rid of this and using my DS products my acne disappeared... This just gave me cyst like acne... I was ashamed..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Lolabean410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff despite the bad reviews! I agree that it is very drying and "moisturizer" should not be in the title however, I don't use it as a moisturizer. I like to use this at night after I wash my face and I swear any blemishes I have are greatly decreased the next morning. I tried the whole acne solution line from Clinique at one time but I feel this was the only product out of the three that really worked for me. Now I just use this in conjunction with my aveeno face cleanser at night and I am blemish free. I have been using this product for about two years and I would consider it my HG acne solution because when I run out my face is a mess! Love this product would recommend as an acne treatment/prevention rather than a moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by KarlaH27

Completely dried my skin out and did not clear up blemishes. It actually made my skin look worse! I will not be purchasing this product ever again in the future... waste of money and time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say i have combo skin and i use this once at night every night and it made my skin 100% clear. I use this in tandem with a regular old moisturizer during the day to keep my from drying out. If my skin gets too dry i break out if it gets too oily i break out so using this system has been working for me keeps me balanced. I like how it doesn't have a harsh smell or no sticky feeling overall i have been buying this for years and will continue to despite the yearly price increase.