April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Treatments - Clinique - Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by SunnySoFla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my everyday, every night lotion. I still breakout occasionally, but nothing like if I quit using it or run out. This doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make it an oil slick either. I may be a little biased when It comes to this product because I had the worst experience on my "perfect moisturizer quest". Everything made me break out! When I came across this and didn't breakout after a week and my acne was actually improving, I was hooked and never tried another product out of fear that I would have severe breakouts again. I only wish it had SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Angel70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a "cosmetic-counter skeptic" on steroids usually, but in an effort to get my skin nice before I celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary at 43, I thought "why not?" So I've been diligently using this moisturizer every night and morning along with Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish treatment and Neutrogena's Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum. I have had some promising results at the 2-week mark here. I am usually very oily and blemish-prone. This is the best moisturizer as it provides a protective barrier against acne-causing bacteria. I have tried so many treatments and ended it with little to no effects. I am very happy and will be continuing this for some long time to come. I think I can ditch the foundation now!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, I cannot say it was terrible. It moisturized my skin well and left a clean and soft feeling on my face.But, the problem is that it doesn't control oil in long term, the balance does not last long. I mean even in 30-45 minutes again I start to shine. One cannot imagine makeup over this moisturizer. For example, a foundation would easily melt. Another thing is that it gives an undertaking about treating acnes, but it is not successful in reducing them. As a final disadvantage it is really expensive. This was my main reason for giving up using this product. There may be other beneficial products, which is at the same price or even cheaper. And there are products which is worth buying rather than this. Since I had found a cheaper, dermo cosmetic and more successful product, I stopped using this when I ran out. It wasn't helpful for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Best acne treatment / moisturizer I ever tried. It totally changed my face, I use it under the makeup and in the evening, too. No itchy / burning feelings, smells amazing and doesn't make me dry, even in winter time. I would repurchase this and recommend for all the people who needs product that really works. BUT I live in Europe and I have a version WITHOUT BENZOYL PEROXIDE.

INGREDIENTS (Europe version): water, cyclopentasiloxane, ppg-14 butyl ether, hamamelis virginiana water, sucrose, steareth-21, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, acetyl glucosamine, camellia sinensis leaf extract, algae extract, avena sativa extract, glycyne, anthemis nobilis, matricaria, hinokitiol, menthol, salicylic acid, isohexadecane, caffeine, steareth-2, glycerin, quaternium-22, butylene glycol, polysorbate 80, phytosphingosine, pentylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, benzalkonium chloride

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I HATED this product and the whole acne line. I felt like it only made my acne spread... I used it for almost 3 months.. I was lucky they let me take it back to them. I was so upset.. I was having breakouts that my DS stuff wasn't working to fix and thought I'd get this instead of the Proactive line... after getting rid of this and using my DS products my acne disappeared... This just gave me cyst like acne... I was ashamed..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Lolabean410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff despite the bad reviews! I agree that it is very drying and "moisturizer" should not be in the title however, I don't use it as a moisturizer. I like to use this at night after I wash my face and I swear any blemishes I have are greatly decreased the next morning. I tried the whole acne solution line from Clinique at one time but I feel this was the only product out of the three that really worked for me. Now I just use this in conjunction with my aveeno face cleanser at night and I am blemish free. I have been using this product for about two years and I would consider it my HG acne solution because when I run out my face is a mess! Love this product would recommend as an acne treatment/prevention rather than a moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by KarlaH27

Completely dried my skin out and did not clear up blemishes. It actually made my skin look worse! I will not be purchasing this product ever again in the future... waste of money and time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say i have combo skin and i use this once at night every night and it made my skin 100% clear. I use this in tandem with a regular old moisturizer during the day to keep my from drying out. If my skin gets too dry i break out if it gets too oily i break out so using this system has been working for me keeps me balanced. I like how it doesn't have a harsh smell or no sticky feeling overall i have been buying this for years and will continue to despite the yearly price increase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by mocksican

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I would've appreciated this warning. If you have sensitive skin, be cautious. As in...don't try this stuff if you have less than a week or two before anything important like...I don't know...a wedding, hot date with a dreamboat, anything involving pictures oooor your face...

A few months ago I quit taking birth control and my face exploded in acne for the first time in my life. I tried this product with the rest of the acne solutions line and within a few days i had a terrible burning, itchy rash all over my face, neck, and chest. I thought using the whole line twice a day was too much for my skin so I cut back to once a day. After about a week the rash was less noticeable but my face did remain a reddish/darker color and seemed very dry ( and sometimes bumpy) for the months (about 5) I used the stuff. Eventually I switched back to clearisil and my face started to go back to normal and actually clear up. woo. I did keep using the moisturizer as a spot treatment for a while though and it seemed to be effective.

Now. I had a minor breakout last week so I busted out the moisturizer again and put it all over my face thinking I was TCOB. The very next day I woke up covered in that rash again down the side of my face, neck and chest. It's been 4 days now I'm still rockin some patches of that lumpy burning mess. Safe to say the moisurizer was the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by coralika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying... it's called a moisturizer, but DON'T use it as a moisturizer! It will dry out your face, and it'll burn if your skin is really dry! Yes, it is oil-free, and yes it will help control oil on your face... but you really don't need to use an acne treatment all over your face if you don't have acne all over your face. If you really need to, make sure you apply another moisturizer on top after it sinks in. I usually use this as a spot treatment when I don't feel like using my Clinique Spot Healing Gel, which is quite strong in comparison. The moisturizer doesn't heal my breakouts as quickly as the Spot Healing Gel, but it's still very effective. The least that it'll do is prevent my pimples from getting any worse, which is good enough for me. I wouldn't say that this is the best acne treatment out there, but it definitely works. The only real downside for me is that it smells like it's heavily medicated... just not a pleasant smell.