September 18, 2014 | 1406 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Triple Moisture Dry Scalp Soothing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Extrapolate73sp

After having high hopes for this shampoo to soothe my itchy, dry, and flaky scalp, it's only left it in a worse condition. Though it contains a lot of good-for-hair ingredients, it stripped my hair so much that my scalp got irritated, and eventually it rebounded into being super-oily and flaky. Not a good combination.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is perfectly adequate as a regular shampoo: it cleans well, lathers up like crazy and smells good. But it didn't improve my dry scalp. Kinda pricey for a drug store brand, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by KheshireKat

I have very dry scalp that is sensitive due to being the treatments to get my hair to grow back (it has, alibet slowly) after being diagnosed with alopecia arreata at 9. I tried Head and shoulders dry scalp care but it just did not hydrate enough. I was about to try scalpicin with I saw Triple Moisture Dry Scalp Soothing Shampoo (and matching conditioner) and decided to try it. After the first wash my scalp didn't itch there was no uncomfortable tight feeling. After continued use ( even though I can't find the conditioner anymore and use tresemme soothing) I have had no problems with my scalp and my hair seems to be growing faster now. I will definantly buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rhppixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't imagine a better dry scalp product. I had so much residue built up on my scalp, and awful flaking dryness (maybe TMI?) and this shampoo cleared it up after one use! Once I make it through this first shampoo tube, I will be purchasing it again along with the conditioner. It leaves my hair (curly and thick) looking shiny and feeling very smooth. It removes dandruff and residue without that awful medicinal smell -- in fact, it smells really flipping good!

I would, without a doubt, recommend this product to a friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bettyjay

My HG shampoo. Keeps my dry scalp from flaking and curls soft and shiny. I highly recommend the entire Triple Moisture line from Neutrogena for anyone with curly hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Klaudia9904

I can't tell whether it worked for dry scalp because it made my hair SO DRY, i had to dump it after i used it only twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ginnygordon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yay - HG!!! Before using this shampoo, I had a very dry scalp that got itchy and flaky even if only shampooed every second day. I have tried many, many salon shampoos and the best I found for my scalp was the phytojoba shampoo, but that still wasn't perfect - I would still get the itchy scalp from time to time. Well, now I have found the perfect shampoo and it is less than $10 instead of the over $20 I am used to paying. I am just finishing one bottle and went ahead and bought 2 more - that is how happy I am with this shampoo. I can even shampoo my hair every day and my scalp is normal - no more itching or flaking. It makes my hair feel a little drier than other shampoos I have used, but a good conditioner (which I always use anyways) solves this problem. The shampoo is quite creamy, lathers well and has a fairly subtle fragrance - unlike some cheap, harsh dandruff shampoos that I've always been so reluctant to try (or hated when I did try them). I haven't tried the matching conditioner yet, but I will take a chance on it when I run out of my lovely terax crema.
Edit: I have actually gone through 2 more bottles and I still love this stuff. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the matching conditioner, but I will keep buying this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by amroa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this shampoo because of the great reviews and because i was desperate! i had been using Infusium by Clairol for a while and I loved it, until the residue became so bad i would get out of the shower with white stuff already floating on my hair, it was disgusting and it made me feel really self-conscious. My hair looked heavy, dead and even though it was hydrated that price i was paying was too high. I have thick, wavy, long hair with some heat damage (because i straighten it) and i was about to give up. Today I tried this shampoo and i wasn't impressed in the shower, it seemed like every other (the cooling effect was nice), but when it dried OMG what a change!! my hair feels light, it's shiny, with no residue, super soft. I was planning on celebrating by straightening my hair (which i hadn't done in ages, because i was so self-conscious), but it dried up with beautiful perfect waves with no frizz and without adding any other product. i would have never thought about using that shampoo if it wasn't for MUA, and wow, i am addicted to this page now. Also, i bought aussie deeeep 3 minute conditioner that was also highly recommended and i'm sure that had something to do with it. i am so happy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome product. My scalp itched so bad, I finally had to do something about it so I picked this up at the grocery store while out & immediately washed my hair with this after putting the groceries away. It is slowly helping with the itching & flaking. I have been using this since Thurs & its now Monday & I notice an improvement. I'm not nearly as uncomfortable now. I paid around $6 at Safeway but prob cheaper at Walmart or Target. I recommend.

Edit: This didn't clear up my dry scalp, after awhile my scalp became so flaky & dry I bought Nizoral AD & am going to the doctor about it soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by LaniM

This is an awesome product! I had problems with dandruff, and tried t-gel, head & shoulders etc.
I saw this product in the store, and very happy to see there was a conditioner for it aswell.
About a week after using the shampoo and conditioner I had no dandruff. My hair felt clean, looked healthy, and smells really lovely. Not to mention I love the way it leaves a cooling feeling on my scalp.
What I did was massage the shampoo on my scalp then took the foam and massaged it into my hair. Full rinse, and then massaged the conditoner on my scalp, and hair tips. Left it in for about 5 minutes and gave it a good rinse. My hair and scalp never looked better!
This product was so good, I sent it to my husband when he was overseas. You know how the heat can cause a lot of sun dmg to their bald heads. Well, he just loved it. It kept his head feeling really cool, and prevented it from feeling chapped. He had no dandruff, and usually when he is downrange he has really flakey scalp.
Anyways, he still uses it till this day. I recommend this product for anyone who has dandruff, or dry/itchy scalp to try this product. It is way better than the other ones.