The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 1/28/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the mildest facial cleanser i have ever found so far , never cause me irritaion or breakouts whatsoever ,and even whenever i use only this cleanser before bed i wake up with a radiant skin as if i've used a rich moisturizer not just a facial cleanser !! ... fregrance free, preservatives free, whats not to love ?!

on 9/12/2014 10:11:00 PM

This is a pretty expensive "cleanser" that basically does nothing for me except cause acne. I have pretty sensitive dry, but acne-prone skin and it broke me out. Not only that, but it doesn't really remove any makeup. It didn't bother my eye area, which is nice, but it defeats the purpose if it's not going to remove any makeup or actually clean my skin. Regardless of how I applied it (with a dry face or a wet face), the acne still came the next day. I think the fact that it doesn't seem to cleanse my face contributed to the breaking out. It's pretty much just an overpriced lotion.

on 5/4/2014 6:48:00 AM

This product has been really good as a basic cleanser, I have pretty sensitive skin so this is really hydrating and gentle on my skin. I've been using this a few times once in the day and night. It's been really good so far and I highly recommend it, it's not too badly priced. I like to use it with their facial brush.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelssss.blogspot.com

on 4/29/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is such a good and basic cleanser! It's especially good if you struggle with sensitve or/and dry skin.

Since I have really sensitive skin, I'm always afraid of new products breaking me out, and unfortunately they do most of the time. However with this one; no reaction at all!
I have been using this cleanser, alternating it with my REN clearcalm cleanser (for blemish-prone skin), and I find that to be a good mix, since this cleanser doesn't do much for treating acne. It does cleanses your skin, but without that horrible dry feeling afterwards. For me that's a huge plus.

Overall a great cleanser if you want something gentle, but if you suffer from acne I recommend you to alternate it with an acne-treating cleanser, or some sort of treatment afterwards. The reason why I can't give it 5/5, is because it claims to remove make-up and it curtainly does not do that! I always remove my makeup with Bioderma, before I cleanse my skin.

on 4/23/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand the negative comments about this product, it has totally changed my skin! After discovering my skin is acne prone and sensitive (mostly sensitive but I am prone to acne around my jaw line) I decided to try this as it has aloe vera. Would never turn back, I use this with my clarisonic so it is maybe the way I am using it. I have been combining it with the toner and moisturiser from the same set and using tea tree for my spots - I am not over exaggerating when I say I feel comfortable now leaving the house with minimum make up when before I wanted to hide my skin, and I know it is the combination of these products. Absolute bargain and life saver!

on 1/26/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not great at removing longwear makeup on its own tbh, but if you just use regular makeup it probably will be ok

on 1/21/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this based on the reviews on The Body Shop's website. Almost all of them were glowing, with users saying it cleared up their acne and completely changed their skin. I was very hopeful, especially since the cleanser I was using was drying me out. Initially this did nothing for me. It didn't get my skin clean enough, and left a film on my face. I woke up with little whiteheads after using it at night. I stopped using it for awhile.

I started to use it again recently (against my better judgment) and I think it is clogging my pores. It could be my moisturizer's fault as well (or a combination of the two) but I wasn't clogging until I started washing my face at night with this cleanser. I think it's too thick and creamy for my acne-prone, combination skin.

This is a pretty bad cleanser. It did basically nothing for my skin, you might as well be cleansing your skin with water. It doesn't cleanse at all. It is also not cheap! Don't waste your money

on 1/14/2014 1:54:00 PM

My skin: I have rosacea on my nose, which makes the skin there very red and sensitive. My nose also tends to get dehydrated and flaky. The rest of my face is normal, with some impurities on the cheeks.

I got this as a birthday gift form TBS. And it did absolutely nothing. The skin on my nose is pretty much always red/pink, and this did nothing to change that, I literally saw no difference between before and after cleansing my skin with it. It didn't make things worse and it didn't dry out my skin, but I expect more form skincare. In my opinion, this would be better suited for someone with normal skin looking for something that won't aggravate the skin.

on 1/10/2014 2:53:00 PM

I found it really hard to get a good cleaning from this face wash, I had to use a lot of product and thats coming from someone with dry skin! Mind you it didn't dry me out which was a plus although it may have broken me out.
I did find it worked a lot better with a washcloth so I will finish it but definitely will not repurchase