Boots Botanics Skin Brightening Deep Clean Gel

4.2

Aqua (Water, Eau), Sodium laureth sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Sodium chloride, PEG-5 cocamide, Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse chestnut, Marronnier d'Inde) extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Citric acid

on 6/26/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got given this cleanser by my Aunty who hunts down bargains then passes them on as presents. It sat in my bathroom cupboard for a very long time before I decided to use it when I ran out of my usual cleanser. In a way I wish I hadn't, because this is the BEST cleanser I have ever used and literally within days, it cleared up my skin so well, it never looked better. The reason I say I wish I hadn't is because I cannot find this ANYWHERE in New Zealand, and the ones they have on eBay are ridiculously expensive for such a small bottle I just can't justify spending it! I have been scouring MUA for reviews on cleansers I could try and went with Dove. I have already broken out, days after using it :( If I could use this cleanser for good, I would!!

on 12/11/2010 12:16:00 PM

I really liked the smell of the product. But almost immediately after drying my face, my skin felt incredbly dry. I tend to have oily/combo skin, so I thought this would work well for me. I just feel that it's too drying for my skin.

on 10/18/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So, I've been a Cetaphil gal for years but recently, I developed an allergic reaction to it so I began my quest to find a new cleanser. This is by far, the best cleanser I've tried - better than Cetaphil, in my opinion, at least for me. I had oily, acne-prone skin and have been using this for about a week. have noticed the little red bumps that were on my forehead have disappeared. Additionally, even when using Cetaphil, my t-zone used to damn near drip oil, especially when I first wake up. Well, with this Boots cleanser, that has ceased altogether. I wake up with no oil, not even a trace. It's fabulous! Barring any unforeseen circumstances, this is going to be my new HG cleanser...oh and the smell!! I love the fragrance and how clean my skin feels after....go Boots!

on 7/15/2010 11:52:00 PM

I liked the foaming when I applied this to my wet face, but I did not find that this cleansed my face well. It also left a film on my face that made me feel unclean. I also broke out a lot while using this, but I am not sure if this was the result of a combination of environmental factors and my skin recovering from a bad reaction to a glycolic acid product. However, my skin has been better after I stopped using this.

on 5/19/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised about the quality of this cleanser. After using it for about a week, I saw a difference in my skin - I have combination-sensitive-acne prone skin. My skin was softer and brighter, with less breakouts. This cleanser smells great, is gentle and effective, also inexpensive. I would without a doubt buy this again. One of my favorite cleansers -ever!

on 5/19/2010 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for about 2 weeks - i do have to say i do have oily skin & it does not leave my face dry what so ever - this is my 1st time using something on this line. very impressed! I will buy again. and the cost is cheap cheap then neostra ...

on 5/20/2009 12:59:00 AM

pretty good stuff. i've been using it for about a month. i can't tell if it leaves a film or if it just doesn't strip your face. it doesn't make me breakout and for the price it's the best i've found so far.

on 1/28/2009 1:35:00 AM

I love this product! I had extremely bad acne, and I have been using this product, along with the other cleansers, toners, and mosturizers fromt this line, for about a month, and my skin has improved so much! The gel really felt gentle on my face, and my skin felt really refreshed afterwards.

on 7/8/2007 8:06:00 PM

This is a good over the counter cleanser. It is inexpensive, which is always nice.

I have acne-prone, conbo skin that is also showing early signs of aging.

I think it is best suited for combo, oily, or acne-prone skin. Though it doesn't feel drying to my skin, I thinkk it may for normal or dry skin. It has a light fragrance, doesn't irritate, and doesn't cause break-outs. It improved my acne a little, but I think the only thing that could cure me would be accutane.