April 23, 2014 | 1010 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Haux

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shade. Very unique rosy brown, a bit brick, colored. No drugstore dupe. Brings out eye color on my blue green eyes. I use in crease with mac expensive pink or vex. Also nice with club. I lile the color as easy neutral with wet n wild shadow trio in knock on wood. The pink or the cranberry shade particularly. I find this shade flattereing. I could see how it could make eyes look tired or bloodshot if too much is used with no other shadow color to make it look Done. Great neutral, better used with a liner or at least a highlight color rather than fill lid wash, though it does bring out light eye colors nicely. Just go heavy with mascara so there isn't too much red around eyes. I like it right now in crease with any taupe shade on lid and mascara. Good for work.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Haux is one of those colors from MAC that you don't hear many people talking about. In the pan, it looks bleh. It looks like a matte brown-rosey color with a pink undertone that would make one's eyes look tired and red. That is true, if this color is used incorrectly. However, when used for the right purposes this eyeshadow looks BEAUTIFUL. I use this color solely as a transition/crease shadow. It adds a subtle warmth to the eyes that soften any look. It can be worn used in both cool-toned or warm-toned looks. Definitely a MAC neutral that should not be overlooked!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Sabzzluvzzmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in search of the perfect crease color and have vey dark eyes so the MA offered this as a suggestion and I took her word for it. This color is very different and I thought it would be a dupe to UD color tease but this color is very different when swatched. Anyways, as nice as it all looks when swatched, when I put it on my crease or any other part of my eye it looks like someone hit me in the face. It is the most unflattering eyeshadow on me =( For reference I am NC 30. I guess I can only somehow work this as a transition color but other then that I would not repurchase ..Boo

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by xokatiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very sceptical of this eyeshadow, I don't live near a MAC, so I have to buy online. Most warm tones eyeshadows look horrible on me because I'm so fair and cool toned, and I thought this one would be the same because it was a redish brown. But I was wrong and this eyeshadow blew me away, I wear it in my crease and it looks beautiful on me! So don't be discouraged if your very cool toned, it could still work wonderfully for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well this eyeshadow.. is a meeh.. for me. I did not hate it but i didn't love it either... It's a satin mauve-brown-warm color which I mostly use on my crease. I will not buy this again probably.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking at this shadow for a week and in the past I've avoided mauve brown shades. It's one of those shadows that looks interesting as a crease color (and mixed with other shades), but all over the lid it might look like a bruised eye. If you mix it with something like Scene or Copperplate, it gives a very romantic look. Perfect for wedding, which has been mentioned before in reviews. I think the Inglot dupe for this is 344, and it's probably more pigmented--as most Inglot shadows are. I'd use 344 and 339 together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still can't believe I had never heard of this e/s until I swatched in store...haux must be underhyped because this e/s is incredible. At first I wasn't sure because it is pretty ugly in the pan and by itself on my lids it makes me look sickly (NC20 brown eyes). However, I don't feel like my look is pulled together until I use haux. I only use it as a crease transition shade and underneath my lashline. I use it to blur any harsh lines. I do a smokey eye everyday and haux, a beautiful rosey-brown makes my brown eyes pop and blurs my smokey eyes into perfection. I didn't think it would do anything for my brown eyes but it makes them more vibrant. I don't have a lot of neutrals in my stash, but now that I have haux I don't really want any more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeshadow the other day, and when I initially saw it I wasn't all that impressed. I swatched it on my hand, and the pigmentation seemed kinda meh. Also, I'm NC50 and I didn't think that the eyeshadow would really show up on my lids without a paint pot to help the pigmentation out.
But, I was super wrong. I applied this shadow over my UDPP, and it was such a pretty brown with a slight mauve color. I can put this on my lid and a darker brown (like Brown Down or Ground Brown) in my crease and have a great everyday look. It's a great neutral to have in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by BexyJane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a lucky guess really for an eye shadow that would suit me. I'm a redhead with pale warm/neural skin and hazel eyes. It is a really nice warm pinkish toned brown which compliments my eyes nicely I think. I think I might end up wearing this most days for daytime look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Haux seems like it is SO boring in the pan, but its really very unique. NC5 with amber eyes, red hair with blonde highlights. Today I used Shroom on the lid, Haux in the crease, and a mix of Vanilla & Brule on the browbone. It looked so pretty! Usually I really hate e/s with a red/pink base because they make me look tired or like I got punched in the eye. Still can't put my finger on it, but try pairing it with different shades and textures to see if it works for you. I had my doubts but with the combo listed above, I can totally make it work. I apply it with a 217 brush and it buffs it on lightly, but you can build up the intensity easily.
*EDIT* Yuck. Now I hate this shadow, it pulls too red on me. Blah.