December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Pressed Powders - LORAC - Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I got the shade spotlight, and I think that it's a very pretty highlighter. It had a few drawbacks though. It doesn't look as natural as benefit high beam. This is too shimmery, as opposed to high beam, which does what a highlighter is supposed to do while looking more glowy. The color is more golden in contrast to high beam which is slightly pinkish. Highlighters that are more pink are more flattering and natural looking, so I will continue to use high beam.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

There is only one con and that is the price. This is the only product i have thus far hit pan on. It is natural-looking, luminous, and beautiful. Best highlighter ever imo/ better than high beam ( although that has its place and advantages), and various powder highlighters i have used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Wow, this is an exceptional product. I appreciate Lorac already, as the products are made specifically for sensitive skin and I'm very acne-prone. The effect of this is hard to describe. Even on my oily skin, it somehow makes it smooth and glowy with no obvious glitter or greasy look. From typical distance, it doesn't look like a highlighter at all- in fact, I wore it to work and got a few compliments on my skin. It's actually both dry and oily with acne scars, not pretty underneath! I use a brush rather than the sponge provided. I have very pale yellow skin and the lightest one, Luminous, seems to work better than Spotlight. Spotlight is slighly apricoty-bronzy on me and looks great, but doesn't work as well with blush. Probably much better for darker skin tones. It is pricey, but it lasts a long time and you don't need much. After even most oil-free blushes and highlighters giving me cysts, I would definitely shell out the cash for this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by christiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so pretty!! I have been using it on my cheekbones, buffing it on as a highlighter. I wish I could use it all over my face (I think it's subtle enough to do this!), but my oily skin can't cope with it. Makes it look too greasy on my forehead/nose/chin.

But on my cheeks the difference is very noticeable! It's subtle but the difference is definitely clear at the same time - I think it's like when people look at you they'd think wow she looks glowing, but they may not be able to pinpoint that oh she's used shimmery powder on her cheekbones. The powder has tiny tiny shimmer flecks in it that catch the light as you move your head - definitely not sparkly or glittery. It makes my complexion just glow beautifully!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

The best!! I got this in Radiant, the darker of the 3 (they are all beautiful though)..I am a luminizing woman, I've studied them and gotten to the point where I was wearing various eye shadows (Mac's Naked Lunch)on my face to get the effect until I found this. It takes some practice to get it natural looking but when it's done you will looking beautiful , younger and more healthy, the packaging is gorgeous a lovely silver case. Swirl this on with a lovely big brush and you'll be happy you did. I got 4 of these at Sephora for $7 a true bargain. I'm never without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by miaculpa

I was given a few big boxes of mac and lorac products from a cousin of mine who is an internationally known makeup artist, which was like winning the lotto to me!

In one of the boxes, was Perfectly Lit, in Luminous.

I've been doing the makeup for a cast of 13 currently in a theater show and all I can say is O M G. It's the best I've ever seen. You must buff it into the skin evenly, but it's sooo sheer and amazing. It makes people look absolutely angelic. The particles of shimmer are SO small, it's a completely different animal from other shimmers.

I am dying to buy it in a darker shade. I wish I would have discovered this earlier this year. The entire cast of the show (males and females) all want to buy this. It makes you look naturally glowy, but not greasy/glittery.

Simply amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by themagiconch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Radiance which is one of the darker shades and has golden shimmer in it. I like the product as a highlighter as it perks up a dull face, especially over top of blush. The package says to use *all over the face* which I wouldn't suggest doing. I have normal skin that sometimes gets oily in the t-zone during the summer and when I swept it all over, it made me look greasy, not glowy. It's an amazing product however, because it DOES NOT CONTAIN GLITTER or huge sparkles. Rather, it has little flecks of shimmer that are really beautiful. It comes in a sleek silver compact with mirror and flat powder sponge inside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I first had this in Luminous, the lightest shade, and now have also purchased the medium shade, Spotlight. Both are really lovely and I am getting good use of them. This is what I wanted NARS Nico to be but was not. Luminous is a bit light for me to use as an all over powder but it is the perfect highlighter IMO. No chunky glitter just glow. Subtle yet you can't miss the difference it makes. Spotlight works better for me as an "almost" all over powder. I still don't use it on my oily t-zone but it's beautiful everywhere else. I wish I could describe the finish on this product. It really does seem different from all the other luminizing products I have tried. Very appropriate for those of us a bit older who don't want to look like disco balls but want that glow thing. THIS will give you the look you want. I am very happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading MUA reviews. I do like it, but its not my go-to powder. I started carrying it in my bag and would use it as a touch-up powder during the day. It works great for that. There must be something about it that 'perks' up my face after I've had make-up on during the day but it doesn't do well as a finishing powder right after I've applied my make up, which is why it recieved 4 lippies instead of 5. Pros: color can be used by almost anyone, luminizing without having sparkles or glitter in it, great for touch ups about half way through my make-up wearing day - it 'perks' my face right up. Cons: since I carry it with me the pressed powder broke apart into chunks (need to crush into loose powder), doesn't work on my face right after I've applied all my make-up (seems to change the color of everything?). I said I would buy this product again, but I'm really not sure. I have so much of it that by the time it comes to purchase new, I might have found something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because a friend was wearing it one day and her skin looked amazing. At first I hated this product. The packaging is ugly, the crappy applicator it comes with is useless, and when applied with the sponge it looks hideous- way too much shimmer to use as an all-over powder. But I was stuck with it so I decided to experiment and instead of using as a touch up powder with sponge, used it as a setting powder with a powder brush. Now I LOVE this product. Sets the makeup nicely and leaves a nice glow- not shiny or shimmery-to the face. Awesome product as long as you learn how to apply it.