September 21, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Sally Hansen - Spray On Shower Off Hair Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by AlexSTAR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. I sprayed it on my legs earlier because I have really dark leg hair, as I have dark brown hair.

So I before I got in the shower I sprayed it all over my legs and waited 5 minutes, then I rinsed it off to reveal red skin and only blotches of the hair removed. Afterwards my bathroom also smelled really bad and my legs were now itching. I had to sneak one of my sister's shaving razors to fix my leg hair. My legs stayed red and itchy for a few days before it went away.

I do not like this product obviously. If I could I would of flipped a table because I was so upset about how my legs looked afterwards, lol.

So overall it was terrible and I ain't happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I have this in the cream form, but I couldn't find a page for it.
Well I'll get to the point. It doesn't work. End of story. Don't waste your time or money. Oh and it stinks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by paigejustine

I have very dark course (but somewhat sparse) leg hair. I tried this product today before my shower and left it on for about 4 mins. It comes out kind of like shaving cream but with a smaller radius. you don't rub it in, so i recommend sitting at the edge of the tub so that it doesn't all slide down your leg. I tested the area after 3 minutes and I couldn't really tell if any hair was removed but I decided to shower anyway. In the shower, i rinsed off my legs but they felt almost slimey-ish. This is when I used a washcloth to wipe my legs, and I noticed that most of the hair was coming off with it. 4 minutes did not remove all the hair, but I am pretty pleased with what it did remove considering that hair is so thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so i don't really enjoy shaving my legs, so i thought i would speed the timing up if i got hair remover. i decided to go with the sally hansen spray-on hair remover over the creme and nair because that specific one was not tested on animals. it was $8, also. anyway, i got home and followed the directions precisely. "apply a generous amount" which i did. by the time i was done with the first leg, it was dripping off and wasn't even staying on. i didn't even finish my second leg and the bottle ran out. plus, my legs were prickly when i woke up this morning....i will not be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by babeeruthh

I absolutely dislike this product. Not only does it not removal hair that well, it irritates my skin badly. I got red bumps anywhere I sprayed this, whether it was my legs or my thighs. The hair does not come off that good. I have to wait 7 minutes just for it to decently come off and still the results are just as long as shaving. Bad smell. Doesn't spray evenly. The only thing I happy about was that it was on clearance at my local Rite-Aid for $3.99. Other than that horrible product. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i absolutely plan to repurchase! my legs get offensively hairy. think Pan, or Robin Williams. shaving is a waste of time as i get 5oclock shadow from the knee down }:'( sooo i picked this up at CVS for 12$ (darn NYC prices) got home n read the reviews here. I almost returned this without trying it. thank God i didn't! i actually used the extra strength version of this in the purple can which is formulated for coarse/hard to remove hair.sprayed it on, super easy application.it only had the faintest trace of that depilatory smell. left it on for about 7 min (made a bowl of instant oatmeal & left it to cool) tested a small area n things things looked ok. so i wiped up my legs, against the grain and was surprised at how easily all the hair came off!! if i had to say something negative, id only whine about how little of the product you actually get in the can. but its a foam so i guess when you shake it... anyway, it only took 3 min tops to completely rinse n pat dry while sitting on the side of my tub. and my oatmeal was still hot! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cocoreena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm always experimenting with new products and thought it would be a nice change to use a spray-on hair remover rather than one that I have to apply with my bare hands (hate the residue that's left on my hands after application.) This stuff shouldn't even be on the market. It barely removed any hair even though I left it on for a long while. It was incredibly hard to spray...I gave it my all and still had a hard time. Smells gross. I will continue to use Veet.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by miyabi0619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in the sensitive skin formula and it doesn't work at all. The smell is terrible and would stay in my bathroom 'til next day. Plus, this product stained my white bathtub.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Nasty stuff, really..Stinks to high heaven and doesn't even take off the hair. I was left with patchy spots and the hair that was left felt and smelled like it had been burnt. Had to go and shave to take the rest of the hair off. Never again...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by consonant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible product. It didn't remove any hair of mine even though my hairs are really weak. I waited for 8 minutes -more than it says on the package. It's ridiculous. Packaging is crap as well. Spray cap is hard to push and hurts the fingers. All I'm gonna say is do not waste your money on this.