September 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Body Scrubs - Korres - Watermelon Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall a just average scrub. I also found this Body scrub @ TJ Maxx but I ended up getting mine for only $2 when I found it on the clearance shelf. It's pretty much worth a $ 3.99 body scrub but not the $ 17 one that would be it's price @ full retail! This is a classic body scrub very different from the sugar/salt ones that are out there. The sugar/salt ones have oils in them and leave a coating of mositurizer on your skin after you rinse them off. This scrub is more of a soapy type and rinses your skin clean if you don't like stuff left on your skin after a shower. The watermelon scent was slighty cheap smelling and genaric but still nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Korres watermelon body scrub.
I was expecting something fruitier and sweeter with a stronger watermelon scent. I caught whiffs of watermelon during use, but combined with an 'earthy' tone as well. The opposing smells kind of clashed in my opinion.
The scrub granules aren't very concentrated. It foams slightly. It did leave my skin soft, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by sara942

Since I couldn't find the Fig body scrub on the list, I'm doing my review for it here:

I'm so glad I only paid $3.99 for this at TJ Maxx. This is the lamest scrub I've ever used. Granted the tube is ideal; I wish more scrubs came in tubes, but that's where the positives end. I expected this to smell fresh, fruity and green like the other fig products (shower gel, body butter) but no. This stuff smelled stale and greasy like rancid butter, with a light note of the fig scent. I expected this to be really scrubby, since it comes in a small tube and originally retails for $17--wrong again. This stuff is really weak at scrubbing; I should have just stuck to sugar/salt and oil based scrubs. For this cream-based scrub to be effective, it needs about 3x as many jojoba beads or some kind of bigger scrub particles. It felt like I was scrubbing my entire leg with 10 poppy seeds.

I gave it two stars for the pretty and convenient tube and the fact that my skin did feel slightly softer after use, but I don't even think I'd buy this again at the TJ Maxx price. Worst scrub I've ever used, and a big disappointment from Korres.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by diarrheaslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

big ups for this stuff, i love it. actually got it overseas at a korres store i found & went a little crazy with. out of all the goodies i picked up there, this is prolly my favorite [: the scent's subtle but so sweet & it makes me soft & touchable.
only downside is the price (depending where you're at)-- if you can find it discount, or on ebay, definitely go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this for a steal at T.J Maxx! Regularly retails for about $18 at Sephora and I snagged it for $4.99. I thought mine smelled very "watermelon-y", but in a natural way, not all fake and plastic like. The scrub particles are small. I tend to prefer bigger salt-like scrubs such as Philosophy. However, for the price and convenience of having a squeeze tube I will keep using this and re-purchase as long as it is available at T.J. Maxx (I don't think I would pay the Sephora price for it, I'd rather just get Philosophy).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this scrub, although I was hoping for more of a watermelon scent. It really doesn't smell like anything. It makes my skin feel very soft, but I think there are products that will do the same thing for cheaper. At the time of this review, this body scrub is $17 for 5.07 oz.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by bergamott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scrub is rather nice and it does leave skin soft and rid of dead cells. The packaging is great; plastic tube with snap lid - the best for this type of product. I don't find the product too harsh but I did find it to be a) hard to spread evenly; you tend to need a lot of product hence making it uneconomical and b) the smell of watermelon is nice but the base smell of this scrub is none other than glue. Yes, you read that one correct; glue. Not a nice experience at all; I always followed up with a regular body wash to mask the smell of the scrub.
One tube lasted me 2 months; now i'm using the "award-winning" one with basil and lemon which is a worse product compared to the watermelon variety.
It's just too pricey for the quality you get. Will not recommend or buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kristenck89

I snatched some of this up from TJ Maxx for $5. I love it. I don't know if I'd pay the usual $17 for it, though. Anyway, it has the perfect consistency for me, and I actually find that you don't need to use a lot, a little goes a long way. The exfoliating grains are great, they're fairly fine, which I like. I think my skin also feels moisturized after I use this. This is my favorite scrub at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by lazygirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

pros: this smells nice (like a lot of korres products), comes in great, easy to use packaging (one of my main motivations for buying this was the packaging.. i hate those tubs you open in the shower)

cons: it's a little expensive considering you need to use a lot. it also doesn't seem to do a lot, and it has jojoba beads (good) but also has these weird grains that look like chunky salt. seems scratchy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm loving this scrub right now! The exfoliating beads are somewhere in the medium range - it's not an everyday scrub and it's not a heavy scrub either. It's all natural, so the watermelon smell is like an actual watermelon - it's not overly sweet or sugary smelling, and I like that because it doesn't feel like I'm slathering/scrubbing myself with an actual food, etc. The packaging is nice too, it's simple, sleek and modern, and comes in a squeeze tube so it's much more sanitary than a jar. I bought the full-sized tube and it's about 5oz for $17, so it's not cheap, but not the most expensive scrub out there either. Overall, a very unique product, and I definitely recommend it to someone who appreciates all-natural scrubs.