November 25, 2014 | 1745 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - Kanebo Mascara 38*C Silk Performance (Separating & Lengthening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by bibikonn

currently using this one instead of my regular basic Kanebo 38. I absolutely love both, but find that the basic mascara is easier to apply and has slightly better brush. however, this one is still top choice, bought it from Selfridges during the sales, when it was on offer 2 for £30, so if Londoner you can check there.

Some complain that it doesn't hold the curl, I disagree, but then again, I always colour my lashes immediately after using a curler.

About being longlasting - the mascara should be changed every month ideally, i can go max 3 months with one, but wouldn't go for longer, as by then the product has got too much air.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ksvf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally found a great mascara, but of course it has to be difficult to obtain! No one carries it in store here so I have to order it online. It is worth it though. I have tried several different mascaras, my most recent one being Eyes to Kill Excess, and this is by far the best one. Eyes to Kill Excess produced pretty and fluttery eyelashes, but I found that it flaked and never held a curl for me. It also felt heavy on my eyelids. I love this Kanebo mascara. It stays all day, looks natural, feels light, no smudges, no flaking, holds a curl, beautiful colour, and is easy to remove at the end of the day. I can't really ask for anything else from a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my everyday mascara, and I stock up whenever I have the opportunity. Norwegian site blivakker.no sells it, and I do find it in some duty free shops across Europe. The main reason for loving this mascara that I avoid racoon eyes, which always has been a real problem for me. It stays put, does not leave debris or run, no matter what the weather conditions are. The only way of removing it is with warm water, which I really enjoy as I hate all those oily eye make up removers and scrubbing until my lashes fall out. The mascara looks nice too, but I need a lot of coats if I want to achieve a dramatic look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ssmith9745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to receive this mascara! I really wanted to love it. So far, I don't :( My eyes have been bothering me for two days. It could be allergies but I think it's this mascara. double sad face....will update more later...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by sajeani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great mascara: easy to apply, stays well, no raccoon ayes (it had always been my problem).
It's a little hard to remove and dries out quite quickly, in about one and half month.
If you are looking for a natural looking and well staying mascara you should definitely try this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara of all time!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rokokko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot, it doesen't smudge and it makes the lashes longer but natural. I wish it had been a bit more fluent though, to more easily cover all sides of the lashes. It was better in the beginning, but it has dried a little, and has fibres which makes it thicker. But its a really good product, and I don't know if I'll find another mascara that works so good all in all. Its so convenient to just remove it with water, feels better for the skin than m/u remover. I do recommend it, but I don't emagine that it would be so easy to acheive a really dramatic look with this one. But for everyday use I prefer natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by c_anine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The perfect mascara. Looks great on, and doesn't smudge. Love, love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the Kanebo Sensai off the only online retailer I could find here in the UK after reading the rave reviews about it on MUA. At almost £18 including shipping, it was twice as costly as the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide treatment mascara I lately used (granted, I bought the Elizabeth Arden on the internet for half price).

But when it finally arrived in the mail I couldnít wait and have a look it. At first glance, the packaging is black plastic with some tasteful, golden accents. At second glance, it occurred to me that the black plastic was in fact metallic and had a wonderful sheen to it. Nice, but nonetheless, it feels nowhere as luxurious as some other premium mascaras out there.

Now to the productÖ the brush picks up exactly as much product as you need. No more, no less. The formula is extremely fibrous, which is more than fine by me. Fibrous mascaras have the most ridiculous lengthening effects there are, so this is more than welcome. The greatest surprise was at how wonderfully separating this product is. But this has a downside. If you want a dramatic, voluminous look, you have to layer it Ė I kid you not Ė up to four times, which is a little time-consuming. I bet I could layer it a fifth time without getting a clumpy mess, but my lashes looked already luscious, beautiful, and ridiculously long. The only downside, as with every non-waterproof mascara Iíve tried, is that it doesnít hold a curl to save a life. The removal of this mascara is easy, the product comes off with warm water in curious looking clumps of black, rubbery fibre. But, you have to wait for it to dissolve. It won't come off if you're crying or caught by a little rain, which is great. I'm not shedding any lashes from getting rid of it, too.

I canít yet comment at how long a tube lasts, but from what I can gather, some posters here reckon two months tops, which isnít exactly great, but thatís all for the individual to weigh up. £18 pounds every second month isnít exactly small change for me.

Essentially, Kaneboís Sensai 38*C Seperating & Lengthening does everything that (fellow Japanese mascara) Kiss Me Heroineís Volume & Curl does for double the price and a tenth of the fuss when it comes to removing this stuff. Except that Kiss Meís offering holds a curl like cement, but sadly it's difficult removal makes me shed lashes.

Almost HG, but certainly a 5-lippie product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

UPDATE 12/09: I've noticed my eyes getting very itchy and irritated every time I use this mascara... Whenever I use something else, the problem disappears. I'm so disappointed :( Unfortunately had to take away 4 lippies.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I remember using the original Kanebo 38 when it was launched, and remember not liking it at all. It basically did nothing except clumped my lashes all together. Iíve been very happy with Estee Lauderís Double Wear Mascara that also comes off with just warm water. But now I decided to give the new Kanebo a go. And Iím so glad I did, because Iím absolutely in love with it! It seriously somewhat lengthens and separates my lashes without clumping, smudging or flaking even the slightest bit. The results arenít that dramatic, but thatís not what Iím looking for, anyway. This is a beautiful daytime mascara that really does what it promises to do. However, it doesnít hold my curl, but I curl my lashes after applying the mascara, and thereís no noticeable trace from my curler, which happens with some other water-soluble mascaras. Although Kanebo's brush is very good, I prefer the brush in Estee Lauder's Double Wear. But this is still a solid 5-lippie mascara.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Nylon-6, Aminomethyl Propanol, Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Layroyl Lysine, Hydrolyzed Silk, Swertia Japonica Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI77492), Iron Oxides (CI77499), Mica (CI77019), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891)]