December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Eyeliner - Fyrinnae - Inks Liquid Eyeliner in Bionic Brown

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by bellsoflondon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pretty pretty true brown with shimmer. The formula sucks: smears, smudges, doesn't work on the waterline, and seperates. Nice as a eyelid wash/base for eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the Fyrinnae inks for the waterline. Pencils don't last on me, and I find this more comfortable to apply than gel liners with a stiff brush. They last all day on my waterline, and the colors are all very interesting. This is a pretty, flattering color. I added a pic to the review, but like all Fyrinnae products, it's more complex and pretty in real life! If you look closely at the picture, you'll see a little dab of it in the lower lash line, and you can see the shimmer in it there.

A tip for these liners -- let your waterline dry out slightly before applying. I just pull my lower lid down the teeny tiniest bit, then sweep or dab it on while holding the brush horizontally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased 4 of these in the sample sizes. The color descriptions are below.

Yes, this eyeliner is definitely watery, as other reviewers have stated. I use it on my waterline. It applies very easily, as the brush is very soft in texture yet has enough shape to it for lining. I am usually unable to use liner on my waterline because it literally hurts but I can use this one without any discomfort.

I find that it dries rather quickly on me, even with the watery texture. I'm wondering if that's because I live in sunny SoCal (?). Once it dries, it absolutely does not budge at all! Quite a feat on my oily eyelids. I am sold on this eyeliner!

Color descriptions of the colors I purchased:

Bionic Brown: "deep chocolate with bronze and golden shimmer." Color is gorgeous on my brown eyes.

Tinsel Taupe: "deep silvery taupe." Love this color! I also use it as an eyeshadow base with an eyeshadow brush. Looks great under Snow Leopard.

Ninja: "black, black, black. No shimmer." I find myself reaching for this color the most. Even though there is not shimmer, it's not a flat, matte black either.

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere: "deep cool brown/pewter shade." This works great as an eyeshadow base also, with brown eyeshadows. I've used it with Sirloin of Beef and loved it!

Overall, I am very impressed with the quality, color selection & lasting ability of these eyeliners. Would definitely repurchase again, and this time, the full sizes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is such a gorgeous shade..It's a deep, bronzey brown and depending on the light you view it in, you can get glimpes of gold and copper flash. And as much as I wanted to love it, the product itself sucked. First off,the texture was too watery which of course affects setting time. It took way too long to set, and if you don't want it to transfer just after you apply it, you have to wait without blinking mind you, until it sets which takes a few minutes.Otherwise you have a mess and you have to start over. You have to shake it regularly because it seperates even after it's just sat for a day.And finally the staying power is nonexistant.Even with a primer, most of it wore off my mid day though there were some traces of it left, but partial eye liner is not pretty. If Fyrinnae addressed the formula issue, I'd try it again, but not until then.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying this is a gorgeous color;bronze amplified with all sorts of kaleidoscope undertones.
I'm not sure if it was user error or WHAT but I could not get a straight line that didn't get all over the place for the life of me.I'm 35,and have been wearing liquid liner for about 16 years or so,so I'm not a novice.It is VERY liquidy .
If you can get it to work for YOU,then it looks lovely with Selkie Skin and Snow Leopard.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by quix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My experience felt as if it could only be described by channeling a Bridget Jones diary entry, as she is a joy forever. I will try to inspire my inner makeup diva to attempt this again, but I just don't think I can handle it.

__________

20/1
Cigarettes: 0 Number of times got liner on hands: 14 Amounts of glitter: infinite

Got a call from Mum a while ago raving about products by this online makeup company: "You simply must try them, darling, rather than wasting your money on the rubbish you see in shops. Your wallet will thank me!"

Wallet usually likes to frequent pricy bars but always afraid to tell Mum since already live under fear of running into her at one of them. Dutifully ordered from company in shades that match undies (v. in according to Cosmo), then promptly forgot until arrived last week (6 wks later). I felt obligated to try them out, they were so sparkly and pretty.

Attempted the eyeliner, which is liquid and therefore Sophisticated (Cosmo again). I'd picked the plainest one I could (Bionic Brown) but it still had a bronzy gleam to it.

7:40 am Put on eyelids, easy peasy. Felt v proud at the undiscovered makeup mastery within me. The website had said I could apply it to my waterline so (once I found out what a waterline was - even makeup masters must start somewhere) I went about that in the same way as the top of the eye.

7:41 am Disaster strikes in the most vulnerable of places... forgot that even No-Tears shampoo makes my eyes water. I ended up with a BROWN SPOT right on my eyeball (fortunately did not affect sight) and on my contacts (also did not affect sight - strange). Forced to remove contacts and fish glasses out from squashed coat pocket.

7:45 am Consider giving up but then realise that a challenge such as this can only nurture the makeup master in me.

7:47 am Try again, this time "stamping" the tiny brush onto my undereye. Wonder why this look is so popular but decide as pale British woman, must add colour to face somehow.

7:49 am Eyes watering again, but no threat without contacts. Try to wipe eyes but only end up with brown streak and lots of gold glitter over hand. Why am I suffering in the name of beauty when I'm not even wearing my contacts?

7:50am Wash hands. Realise that am late for work and rush.

8:15am Slink by boss. He looks up and says, "Bridge, what happened to your eyes?"

"I lost my contacts," I lie.

"Well, you'll want to replace those soon, I'm sure," he says. "Your glasses are awfully crooked. But you're tarted up like a schoolgirl who wears black lipstick."

8:20 am Fluorescent lights confirm what even a man has noticed: the inner makeup master is a punk kid. Liner is thick and smudgy. Hands have inadvertently gotten covered in smudges from wiping watery eyes while driving. Try to remove liner and end up with reams of similarly-smudged toilet paper and smudgier eyes that now only have patchy lines.

9:30 am Still blinking; now eyes feel dry, stiff. Liner finally dry? ... well sort of. There's no point in a beauty product that needs hours to dry that I can't wear my contacts with.

1:40 pm Keep finding specks of gold sparkle on desk, clothes, hands.

2:30 pm Resolve to add colour by buying home hair kit instead if necessary.

16 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid eyeliner. The consistency is watery enough to allow it to go on smoothly and the brush makes it a breeze to apply a tightline to my lash line. The color is a pretty brown with some hints of bronze. Not too dark and not too light so I can wear it every day. I wear this for the lower lash line and the fyrinnae liquid eyeliner in black in the upper lash line. After it dries the color does stay on all day for me and doesn't smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ahhhh ahhh ahhh ahh chah chah chah chah (those are bionic sounds, don't you know?) I was a little hesitant to try the liquid inks from Fyrinnae, because I thought I wouldn't be able to apply them without making a large mess. But, happily, I was wrong. The texture is not watery, it has a little heft to it, and application wasn't difficult. I'm not perfect (no Lindsey Wagner or anything) but it's really not that hard. This color is a nice neutral brown. It pulls just slightly toward a bronze, but not enough to be a problem on my skin (fair neutral/cool). It looks very lovely with snow leopard and orion's belt. I've already ordered 3 more of the inks, I like this one so much. It won't make you be able to run in slow motion, but it's still pretty cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by laur_8706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful brown eyeliner. It's not flat like most brown liquid liners... it's a gorgeous rich chocolatey brown with gold mixed in. The formula is also pretty good, if a bit watery. Looks great on my brown eyes and I will repurchase if I run out!