October 20, 2014 | 1626 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Tattle Tale

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kendra0672

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this white gold color!! I use it EVERY. DAY. For a inner corner highlight. I'm so sad Benefit discontinued this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Very nice sheer, shimmery pale neutral champagne that serves as a great base for other shadows, puts a bit of highlight in the inner corner, and unifies the color of your lids. Does not look overly made up, as it is sheer. The little glass pout with a twist off cap is cute/pretty, but does require a brush to dig into the product. I am concerned about this drying out like some gel liners in pots. We shall see!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Tattle Tale is a great highlighting color that I actually like to use on the bottom and middle portion of my upper lid to make them pop. Looks amazing with cork or another brown like soba in the crease. I have worn this combination alot this past summer. Tattle Tale is a buttery cream color with white in it that has the same shimmer and sheen to it as some other creaseless cream shadows by benefit. It glides on creamy with my mac 239 brush and stays all day without fading on me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is just a cream highlighter for me. The color looks ok in the pot, but on the lid/skin it looks much more frosty and has a lot of white in it, making the eye area look puffy if used too much. It's very creamy and much easier to work with than Mac Paintpots or the like. However it seems to last less than those that are harder to work with. I dislike the packaging because the metal lid is always making this scraping sound when I'm opening or closing it. I think it's a overall good product but for a cream highlighter, I'd rather just get Mac Luna or Pearl.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really excited to try this eye shadow because I prefer cream eye shadows to powder eye shadows and Benefit seemed to have a nice range. I loved this colour in the shop and thought it would be a great neutral colour that I could wear on days that I didn't want to wear a heavy eye makeup look. The sales assistant helped me pick this colour as she said it would accentuate the blue in my blue-grey-green coloured eyes. As I already had makeup on that day I didn't try it on my eyes in the shop - big mistake! I tried it when I got home and it just made me look washed out! I've tried it a couple of times since and the only way it actually looks good is as a highlight under the brow bone, but at 14 I think that's a bit expensive for a highlighter. I don't know if it's been mentioned before but my one definitely had a bit of a weird smell, which put me off using it on my eyes. Overall, I'm not writing off all Benefit's cream shadows as I'm sure some of the other colours might look better on me, but this one just didn't suit me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Tattle Tale was the first Creaseless Cream Shadow I ever purchased, and I have since gone and purchased 4 more. These shadows are amazing for easy, everyday looks.
Tattle Tale is a frosted buttercream shade with a nice sparkle to it. If I just apply a light layer to my lid, this almost blends into my skintone, but it has a gorgeous sparkle and shine to it that makes your eyes really glow even though it looks like you have hardly any makeup on. I use this so often when I'm feeling lazy but still want to look presentable. I just prime my lid, smooth a thin layer of this over my lid, add some mascara and foundation and I'm out the door. I always apply with my finger because I've found that brushes don't seem to distribute the product as evenly across the eyes as my fingers do.
Tattle Tale is the creamiest out of all the Creaseless Cream Shadows I own. I've had it for over a year and a half now and while some of my other shades are getting a little harder (but still easy to work with), this one is still super creamy and it blends onto my lids effortlessly. At first I didn't think such a creamy shadow would really last all day, but this shade never creases, fades, or budges. I do always wear a primer underneath though.
I've never used this as a base color, but I do also like Tattle Tale as a browbone highlight and as a nice light shade to put into the inner corner of your eyes.
This isn't the best shade Benefit has to offer with this line of cream shadows, but I really do like this for a barely-there makeup look. I've made a decent dent in this, and I will repurchase when I use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

I returned this product! Absolutely made my eyelids look scaley!!! Birthday Suit is ok and I kept that one, but this one.. must go back!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first swatched Tattle Tale I kind of thought "Super frosty white? No way!!" but since my counter was clearing it out and it was half price I picked it up anyway and I'm really glad I did! It's a really lovely highlight colour either on the browbone or the cheek, and though I don't wear it alone it makes a really nice eyeshadow base. I find that the creaseless creams can crease on me a bit, but not badly (and I have very crease prone lids). A teeny tiny amount of primer potion underneath fixes that problem, much less than I'd need to use with powder eyeshadows! Tattle Tale has a softer texture than my other creaseless creams, I'm not sure if it's something to do with the formula or just that the others are a bit dried out (the lids on these jars are not very airtight, which is my only real problem with the product). Either way, the fomula is really buttery soft and sheers out so that the end result is definitely not a super frosty patch of white. The finish is a really pretty sheen that I actually quite like as a cheek highlighter too. I'm not sure if this colour is being discontinued or if my local counter was just clearing it out to have a smaller product lineup... I really hope it's not being discontinued though!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this almost everyday as a base for my eyeshadows and pigments. It's a frosty white cream; it really looks like butter cream. You can put a thin layer as a base for your eyeshadows to stick to or build layers to intensify the frost/color, and I would definitely recommend applying in layers and letting each one dry to keep the product from creasing. With UDPP, this does.not.crease after an entire 8 hour work day, it's terrific. I do, however, think the price ($22 a pop) is a bit high for the amount of product you get. I've been using this for about a month using a thin layer as a base and applying with a large, flat shadow brush and I've already gotten through quite a bit. The packaging is simple and durable- the product is contained in a glass base and the lid is plastic with the BeneFit logo on top. If you need a neutral, white shadow base to put under your eyeshadow, I strongly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora to buy the creaseless shadow in Birthday Suit, after reading reviews about how it was a perfect ML(ids)BB perker-upper. Having been a huge fan of Clinique Touch Base in Canvas (but not a huge fan of the texture), Birthday Suit sounded perfect. Upon closer scrutiny, however, Tattle Tale was closer to what I was looking for: a slightly lighter than lid color, to be applied as a daily wash for a little bit of brightening. Birthday Suit was quite taupe-y, and very pretty, but was about 1/2 shade *darker* than my lids. So for my fair-faced brethren and sistren who wanted Birthday Suit to be a lid pepper-upper but felt it too dark/taupe, Tattle Tale might be better. The texture is great--spreads easily for a sheer, pale golden shimmer *without* sparkle. Looks great now, in the dead of winter, and I imagine it will be spectacular in the summer, as well. Really makes my dark green eyes stand out, and the wear is fabulous, especially for a cream shadow (which always crease on me); no creasing or disappearing act. I'm stripping a lippie because it has a weird chemical cake batter smell, and also because using it everyday, as I'm inclined, I feel like I'm going to go through it really quickly. Other than that, would definitely repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No