January 27, 2015 | 1027 users online

Moisturizers - Embryolisse - Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 10:24:00 AM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to use this moisturizer years ago, and I loved it. It softened my skin immensely without breaking me out, and while it wasn't the most lightweight moisturizer on the market, it wasn't so thick that I couldn't use it in the morning under makeup. The mild lilac fragrance was nice and didn't seem to irritate my skin. The biggest con was having to order it online all the time from ebay, or Amazon if I wanted to pay a bit more, and the price. I stopped using it when I started looking for a cheaper alternative at the drugstore.

Fast forward to a month ago, when I saw that Sephora now carries this product. Seeing as I STILL haven't found an HG morning moisturizer, I figured I'd pick this up again until I find something better. I'm guessing that Embryolisse reformulated this, because the moisturizer I received this time was much greasier than it was before. The new one had a texture that was noticeably much more like Vaseline. I had a used up tube from years ago sitting in the back of my cabinet, and I cut it open and compared what was left in the old tube to the new tube, and there is definitely a difference. I started getting little clogged pores all over my face. Most weren't inflamed or infected, but the texture of my skin was horrible. Seeing as this was the only thing I changed in my skincare/makeup routine, it was the culprit. I'm disappointed that this moisturizer no longer works for me. Back it went.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2015 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Heavy and packed with parabens / mineral oil. Gave me two cystic pimples after the first use. Definitely not for my face - I might use it on my hands though... At least it was cheap (I live in France).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this a week and so I say with some hesitation...I LOVE this. Its the perfect basic moisturiser that just hydrates, works brilliantly as a makeup base and leaves skin baby soft. I apply it in the morning before sunscreen, after a post gym shower, before applying makeup at night, before bed etc. Everyone needs a good basic moisturiser in their kit that doesn't contain sunscreen or lots of actives and feels oh so nice on your face. Personally I don't want my moisturiser to contain lots of actives (anti-ageing or anti-acne or exfoliating ingredients) I just want it to moisturise and most importantly - make my foundation look good and wear well.

So far Embryolisse hasn't broken me out and my skin looks better for having used it. I was previously using Dr Dennis Gross Hydra Pure which was no where near moisturising enough and gave me cystic acne on my cheeks (where I never usually break out).

Embroylisse probably is too much for oily skin but I think would be great for anybody else that suffers from dryness. I use a blob the size of a large pea for my whole face and I like the satin-y finish. It's not matte or mattifying though.

I hope my love for Embroylisse continues I will update when I finish the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

i like this but don't love this. It's not expensive (esp if you get it in france) but honestly i would rather pay more for the right product. it's an OK moisturizer and kind of reminds me of the Pond's extra dry skin cream, but the problem is that if you have dry tight/flaky skin, it doesn't penetrate past the epidermis and it just feels like you have a greasy moisturizer sitting on top. it is one of those good old fashioned mineral oil type moisturizers so my face looks shiny afterwards.

pros
-cheap
-doesn't break me out (I'm acne prone)

cons
-doesn't penetrate in terms of hydration
-greasy

UPDATE:
lately I've been using this as my day moisturizer mixed with a drop or two or kosmea rose hip oil and my skin is glowing! the formula is still plain but makes a good base for mixing with oils (if you want to add argan or jojoba etc)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy mother of overhype'd-ness, here we go again!

I have been hearing about this cream for eons but never bothered to give it a whirl for whatever reason (likely price and availability). Now that I have been using it for a week straight and am familiarized with the ingredients, I am still shaking my head as to why so many beauty stylists and makeup artists claim this is some kind of holy grail 3 in 1 grail primer, moisturizer, and makeup remover...

This left my face way too greasy for daily use and applying foundation was a major pain. It also never seemed to soak in and was kind of sticky, making it a "no-go" as a night cream (which I also tried). Now I can definitely see how this might work as a makeup remover because, ehem, well, its very "ponds cold cream" esque. Matter of fact its similar in feel and ingredients. Speaking of, the ingredients in this is wack - cheap ingredients marked up to $28? No thanks. I would say this is a great hand cream but for the amount you get that's far too expensive, it would be used up in a flash.

Meh. Don't buy into the hype yall, seriously.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I like this cream more than I expected because it's pretty useful now that winter is approaching. I use it primarily as a moisturizer in the morning and evenings, and have used it to remove makeup but I find it to be too expensive to be used as a makeup remover on a regular basis. You only need a tiny bit to cover the entire face, so I can see this tube lasting a long time.

I was worried that the scent would be off putting but it's not too strong and I actually find it comforting. It reminds me of some of Klorane's more powdery scents, like that used in the dry shampoo. For reference, I find Clarins and Amore Pacific scents to be too strong. This is not as strongly scented as the Nivea creme that comes in the flat blue tin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a very good cream if your skin is dry or feels tight. It applies easily onto the skin and sinks in quite soon even though it feels quite rich. Don't like the smell much as it reminds me of old school creams like Nivea, and the packaging is not nice either being a metal tube. Yet the performance is not to be blamed.
The cream also makes a good base for the makeup; the foundation goes on smooth and blends easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ah yes, another French cosmetic product hyped up by 20 year old models with smooth skin devoid of wrinkles, and the French themselves, of course. They make you believe this is the creme de la creme. Not for me. On my face it performs no miracles. It is average at best. Fine for hands. Honestly, serious skincare products make my skin much better looking than this face cream.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

Totally average product, I don't understand the hype. It's just ok...
I use this mostly as my makeup primer, but I've found it to be quite nice after chemical exfoliation, it really puts the moisture back into the skin and leaves it feeling smooth, although there are so many other cheaper brands that do the same job.
A little goes a long way so I'm finding it's lasting ages..
I will say that I think this would be very good on children's skin when feeling dry, it's very soothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyllush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i actually really like this moisturizer. the first time around i didn't enjoy it and i thought it was too oily for my liking. after revisiting it, i love it! it works well to hydrate and moisturize my skin. i use it as a moisturizer and as a primer and it works really well for both. it's a bit too light for winter for me (i get eczema on my face during winter seasons) but it's perfect for the rest of the seasons.
the packaging is also very convenient. it has the foil seal and a pointy end in the cap to pierce it.
the smell reminds me of the typically estee lauder or lancome smell, something that smells a bit more mature, or as some would say, "like an old lady." i think it's bearable.
i would definitely repurchase this. i use this on clients as a primer and it works fine for one day minimum with them.