November 28, 2014 | 1801 users online

Moisturizers - Embryolisse - Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyllush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i actually really like this moisturizer. the first time around i didn't enjoy it and i thought it was too oily for my liking. after revisiting it, i love it! it works well to hydrate and moisturize my skin. i use it as a moisturizer and as a primer and it works really well for both. it's a bit too light for winter for me (i get eczema on my face during winter seasons) but it's perfect for the rest of the seasons.
the packaging is also very convenient. it has the foil seal and a pointy end in the cap to pierce it.
the smell reminds me of the typically estee lauder or lancome smell, something that smells a bit more mature, or as some would say, "like an old lady." i think it's bearable.
i would definitely repurchase this. i use this on clients as a primer and it works fine for one day minimum with them.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by prettyberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have normal to combinated skin and was looking for moisturizer that will hydrate during winter.
Pros:
+nice makeup base
+doesn't contain SPF which is plus during winter since I use cc cream with SPF
+hydrates nicely
+didn't break me out
Cons:
- smells awful, like hairspray
- ingredient list isn't best
- pricey
Won't buy it again! I will continue search for good winter moisturizer next winter, this will last me whole winter because tube last very well.. Luckily didn't pay full price

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ThePetiteRunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this during a huge cosmetics/skin care haul while I was in Paris last winter. I had scoured the internet for French pharmacy "cult classics" and went home with a TON of beauty products (i.e. bioderma make-up remover, embryolisse lait-crème, la roche posay effoclar duo, caudalie serums, masks, moisturizers, nuxe reve de miel lip treatment and oils, etc). Anyway, I definitely didn't pay $28 for it (which is what Sephora is charging for it now) so I thought it was worth the splurge (I think about $15-20 USD for a two pack).

About the moisturizer itself - at first I didn't care much for it. It is not a super heavy formula, but I do think it's quite moisturizing. I have combo skin, definitely drier in the winter with a more oily T-zone and I really enjoy using this in the cooler/drier months. I probably would not use it in the summer because I tend to get a bit too oily.

Having said that, I think it does a great job of priming the skin for make-up. My usual morning routine is: cleanse face, use toner, anti-aging serum, apply moisturizer and eye cream. Then I go change into my work clothes while it sets in a bit. This usually gives it enough time so it's settled in a bit but is perhaps just a bit tacky to the touch when I go apply my make-up. I think it's amazing for the price I paid for it, but I'm not sure I'd go $28/tube. It does last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kikifinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a ton of moisturizers throughout my 16 years career as a professional makeup artist. This one has NEVER lived up to the hype. I just don't see it! And the price doesn't give me life either. I have used it on myself first and didn't care for it but I am extremely picky about what I use because I know what exactly I am looking for and how I want my skin to react.

Try the natural route... Rosehip Oil mixed with Almond Oil and Vitamin E gives a beautiful and hydrated result. If you have scarring use Calendula Oil. You can find all these items at your local holistic lifestyle or vitamin shop.

www.TheLipstickBubble.com

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kichuro

I would never buy this again.

I was trying to find something to replace my Clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser and hopefully, be able to also use the product as a makeup base but boy was I wrong.

My skin had previously NEVER given me much trouble but just a week or two of using this cream, I developed cystic acne.

NEVER repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by labellette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream feels and smells good, but I feel like it doesn't do anything for real hydration. Like it doesn't sink into the skin the way that it needs to, just sits on top of your skin feeling nice. I can totally understand why some people like it, because it does make your skin feel soft.. Maybe if you use it with a really nice hydrating serum, that could work. But I really don't think this cream does much and it is kind of known for that; a feel good cream, that doesn't do too much. I can imagine it being a nice make- up base for those who use foundation and things like that, but there are so many things out there that really hydrate and do more good for your skin. I bought it quite cheap in France, so it was worth trying though..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by zcselman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go to moisturiser if my skin is feeling particularly dry - awesome for winter when your skin is feeling tight/chapped. However, it's pretty rich so would definitely not recommend to people with oily skin. It's really more for those people that like the feeling of a moisturiser sitting on the skin because it takes a while to absorb. Decent price also.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by maria91

I received this in a beauty box to try out, and I'm so glad I did because if I actually paid the money for this, I would be pissed off.

I have very mixed feelings about it. My skin is rather temperamental - sometimes it's normal/drier, sometimes it's oilier. On the drier days, the moisturizer is ok. Nothing special, but not too bad, so I suppose for dry skins it would probably work.

On oilier days though, it is BAD. It feels as if I smother my face with a transparent wax and the sebum from my skin is trapped between the wax and my skin. Not a good feeling at all. I check the ingredients, and there was the culprit: mineral oil, which doesn't let the skin breathe, but for some people it feels moisturizing because it traps the natural moisture into the skin, not letting it escape.

To top everything off, after wearing it everyday for 3 days, I had earned myself two cystic pimples.

Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heard people rave about this, decided to splurge a little and buy (£22.99 for 75ml). It was nothing special and i was totally underwhelmed. Waste of money. I'd return it but i've lost the box it came in. Utterly average product, i won't be buying into anymore hypes for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Purchased this while in Paris, and have been using it ever since. It gives moisture, but not too much. My skin doesn't look oily at all, which is kind of weird since I have a very oily t-zone. Would buy again.

I do not know if it will work as a primer or makeup remover, but for face cream.. yes!