Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.

on 7/21/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For reference, I have normal to oily, acne-prone skin. Finding a moisturizer that acts as a great base for makeup can be a tad frustrating. A lot of products that I have tried do not help control my oily t-zone and/or allow for my makeup to melt and break up on my skin over time. Embryolisse lait-creme concentre helps evenly moisturize my skin (yes, oily skinned people should still moisturize!) and helps my makeup to apply smoothly. My foundation (Estee Lauder DW) blends even better when I use this moisturizer as a base. My skin does not get oily throughout the day but instead, it imparts a healthy glow. I guess the French really know what they're doing ;)

on 7/15/2015 12:00:00 PM

I really like this cream I own 2 of them the 1oz for travel and my makeup bag and the bigger size for home use. I use it after I apply my retin a and it really helps minimize peeling and flaking. I only use about a pea size amount for my whole face. I like to use Hada Labo Gokiyun hydrating lotion first because that gives my creams and serums really good absorbtion. The Embryollisse cream really seals in everything and it makes my skin so smooth and soft!

It has some nice ingredients too like hyaluronic acid, collagen, aloe, and works very well with my sensitive combo skin. I'm oily atm and I can use this no problem but for me it's all in how much I use. Too much I'll get oily but a small amount hydrates my skin perfectly. So to me a little goes a long way with this product. As a makeup primer I also really like it because it holds bases really well and my skin doesn't feel dry when I use a lot of powders. It can even make foundation look dewy which is really nice because I like that effect. Plus this can be used as a makeup remover and even on babies because it's so gentle. The smell is pleasant and doesn't bother me at all.

Great product with excellent purposes. I also do not break out from this and it soothes the areas that get too red from retin a. I really love this cream because it lasts, hydrates, protects, and resores so for me I love a multi purpose product. I purchase mine on Amazon. Recommended!

on 6/14/2015 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer. It makes my skin feel amazing. It's a thin cream so a little goes a long way. I got this in my birchbox and so far it's been my favorite sample to date. I went to Sephora to buy a full size but they were sold out. I will have to order online. I recommend this to anyone looking for a daily moisturizer

on 6/3/2015 10:37:00 AM

I have finally found this cream and here is what I have to say about it: it is a great moisturiser for a dry / normal to dry skin. It is quite sheer and yet rich in its formulation, that a little amount is quite enough to provide an all-day soothing effect on the skin even if you like to wear quite a heavy base. This cream will work great with heavy powders as well.

It does however have quite a strong scent that you notice right away. Unfortunately there was no tester, so I had to buy it blindly. I have noticed though that after weeks of using it, I am kind of ok with it - but in the beginning I really hated the garden shop smell of it.

Other than that - it didn't cause my skin any troubles, I had no break-outs or clogged pores. I find that I prefer using my Kiehls cream at night for a better/deep skin hydration, whereas underneath makeup - Embryolisse works just fine.

If you want to read how compatible it is with combination or oily skin types - head for an in-depth review here. I hope it helps you guys somehow.

I used up so many tubes already!

Normally I use this as a base for my make-up. It's amazingly hydrating and smoothing. The scent is very nice, smells like those old time cold creams you find on your Mum's vanity.

It's my go-to product when I travel. I use it as an all-purpose moisturizer.

Will re-purchase until these no longer exist!

on 5/22/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this product. My face is so dry because of accutane and it saves me. It actually keeps my face moist all day and I highly recommends this for anyone with dry skin. Some of my favorite makeup artist on you tube recommended this and I'm so happy I listened.

on 5/21/2015 9:42:00 PM

I cannot see the hype in this product, and I really wanted to like this... It wasn't cheap and made my actually dry skin extremely oily and shiny. I will definitely not buy it again.

on 5/11/2015 2:22:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as it is a very highly raved about product, but it didn't work for me at all. I have dry-combo skin, and this cream didn't help with the dryness + seemed to clog my pores so I stopped using it after a weak =/

I don't really have positives to say, the main cons for me:
- a bit greasy/"sits on the skin"
- no noticeable relief for dry skin
- comedogenic (from experience and several of the ingredients are not recommended for acne prone skin, such as, Stearic Acid, Triethanol amine, and Steareth-10)
- quite strongly perfumed (although not an unpleasant smell, fragrance is an unnecessary irritant)

When used properly, it can be a lifesaver. I use little make up, and rarely ever any full-face make up (foundation, etc.). For the last 10 years I've not even used a cleanser, but only cold water to wash my face morning and night, and only began seeking a nighttime moisturizer as I knew my skin needed more attention as I got older. My skin can be very sensitive, but has often been surprisingly resilient, so I'm sure I'm within a broad spectrum of readers and reviewers. Embryolisse is a great product for my low-maintenance skin needs. I wash at night, with cold water, and put a dime-sized amount around my face paying particular attention to the thin skin around and under my eyes. It's light, non-greasy, pleasant-smelling, and so far, very effective. Would buy again, and will.

on 3/26/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product for around £12-£15 in Boots UK. This was only for a small 30ml tube.
I bought it due to the huge hype from the makeup industry, and apparently makeup artists use it on celebrity clients, and Pixiwoo also use it alongside many youtube beauty "gurus" too. I guess I was bought into the hype.

I have extremely extremely dry skin. I literally have no oil glands left in my body as I was on Roaccutane treatment. I don't have skin literally peeling off my face, but It is dry and sensitive and I can't use harsh acid based products as my face adapts and reacts overnight to products.

- This moisturiser is like a lotion in consistency, not to the point where its dripping off your hands but it is runnier than normal creams
- the smell isn't too overpowering, not dreadful. Its okay. nothing fantastic
- This tube isnt as good to use as a tub would be for me. this is because when you squeeze it out, like toothpaste, it changes the tube shape and wrinkles the tube if that makes sense, so it can actually become difficult to use and squeeze out.
- as the packaging is a tube, its a low quality tube material as opposed to something made from a thicker material like garnier moisture match, therefore it is prone to tearing and ripping, which isn't hygienic, and is less hygienic than a tub.
- It did moisturise my skin and made it feel soft. Not for 24 hours.
- It sat on my skin and left an oily residue even though I have very dry skin. It didn't absorb and made my hair stick to my face at times.
- The worst part, it made my foundation oxidise like crazy and was really dark.
- Its not worth the money, and is too small.
- my foundation still clinged to my patches, but it made my skin feel moisturised.

overall, I will NOT be repurchasing this product.
I don't see the hype.