October 31, 2014 | 1182 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by EyesandMind

One word "DISGUSTING"...If you're into sweet, soapy, fresh smelling Perfumes, DO NOT buy this product...Made me Nauseous, and reminded me of something my 80 year old Grandma would wear..Definitely will not be purchasing this again, and will never recommend this to anyone..Except those over the age of 90.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by bunnyjohnson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Makes me feel like a little girl..but a spicy version. Like It! Its like totally girly to the max...Reminds me of everything nice at the fair... strawberry and vanilla ice cream and the spicy scent of your boyfriends shoulder...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally managed to smell this at the department store today was even considering buying it until I smelt it YUCK! this perfume gave me an instant migraine it was way to cloying and obnoxiously sweet to me I am a fan of gourmand and foody smells are a must but this one way is just to Nauseating for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by oanalita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ADORE this.
Discovered it by smelling a small sample, i sprayed it on... then i kept sniffing.... and hours later the scent was still lovely. I went out and bought it. Reactions: the only fragrance my DH actually said he likes... anytime i wear anything else he always comments he's getting a headache and that i should wash them off (for example he hates flowebomb).... BUT this one he likes! And another example, a coworker followed me around and said he likes my scent. Always get positive reactions from both males and females w this one.
About the perfume: it starts very sweet then mellows out into a honey/vanilla smell that lasts and lasts. (i'm not good at describing actual notes)... but seems to blend really well w my chemistry.
Other scents I like are: L Lolita Lempika, Fleur de Corail, FB, etc ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by crysna

How sweet can be my life? Since i found this fragrance, yes, my life is more sweet!!! This one is a keeper in my perfume wardrobe, love the ways it smells, how sets over my skin and mix well with my body chemistry, like i said my type of fragrances are the fruity/floral gourmand! And this one is one, last so loong on me and people always ask me what im wearing?!!! Lovely like my tresor, hot couture and far away!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice gourmand scent. I don't smell strawberries at all, just vanilla and spice. I might buy it again but it's a bit strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by QueenRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well I've tried the original Pleasures, and it's definitely a nice perfume but not for me. It smells like the perfect floral for my R.I.P. grandma, smells like lilac and freesia (my randma's favorite florals) - very nice but I am more of a gourmand type of a person. When I smelled Pleasures Delight a while ago, I fell in love with it!! First of all it smelled nothing like the original one!! As much as I love Chinatown or Sweet Oriental Dream, I adore Pleasures Delight. Normally I tend to go mostly for niche perfumes but Pleasures Delight has a very special place in my heart and always will. It's so sweet, so deliscious, so gourmand I just love it!! It's a sweet-patchouli-mess the same way Chinatown is, but they two completely different fragrances though. Pleasures Delight smells like sweet cream-covereTd strawberries to me, lots of whipped cream, caramel, and sugary rose. The website lists freesia and some green notes etc. but to me Pleasures Delight is all about gourmand goodness, not really florals, if anything it would be a sugary rose as I have described it. And lots of strawberries covered in whipped cream. Yum, yum and yum!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

The idea of this scent was a good one. Estee Lauder is notorious for having mostly floral fragrances (except for Sensuous, Sensuous Noir, Cinnabar). I thought the idea of a gourmand fragrance was a good idea, and at the time was the big trend in fragrance. Instead, this is more a fruity floral and not very memorable at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really turned on by the ad for this scent. From the picture, I was imagining sweet, farm fresh strawberries, pink icing, angel food cake and rainbows with a warm vanilla base. So I finally tried it but as soon as I smelled it I knew that there was going to be a problem. I have worn this several times in various temperatures and have given it plenty of drydown time. I kept trying to see if I could smell the different notes in this and to get past whatever it is that tweaked me the first time I sniffed it. Nope. There may be sweet, dessert, gourmand notes in there but there is a cloud of stinky something in this scent that unfortunately is what ties the whole scent together. I just don't know what it is, or what combination of things it is. Bottom line: I hate this scent, and it hates me. Yuck. As a side note, I do however like the original Pleasures, and, I do very much like the unpretentious, simple, smooth glass bottle and cap on all of the Pleasures spin-offs.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The combination of flower and gourmand scent is good.
It's lovely and light.
The gourmand scent isn't strong as other celeb perfumes.

If I'm a fan of gourmand fragrance,sure that I will repurchase it.