Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Normalizing Conditioner for Active Lifestyle

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, glycerin, prunus amygdalus amara (bitter almond) kernel oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, panthenol, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, cysteine, methionine, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene. *Organic D-111

on 6/28/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this along with the matching shampoo. Soft cherry almond smell is nice and very, very mild. Upon the first couple uses, didn't really feel this had done anything "conditioning" for my hair. Next wash, skipped it just to experiment. Lo and behold- my hair (fine, porous, greasy scalp) was the same texture and degree of tangle when wet. I'd even hazard to say it was a little better off not having used this conditioner, as it stayed fluffy all day, and didn't develop weird greasy/dirty looking patches like with the conditioner. I'll keep the shampoo as it seems to do a nice gentle job of cleansing, but this goes back. Another natural hair product that just doesn't work for me. 2 lippies for all-natural and nice smell.

on 1/22/2013 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has a thick consistency and smells like cherry almonds to my nose. It has decent moisturizing properties, yet my hair feels very soft and light. This gives me great texture though. I'm not sure if it is the shea butter in this or something else. I see myself using this more in the summer since I plan on doing a lot of swimming. I wouldn't recommend for dry types as this is not too moisturizing and would say to try the Island Rinse , but this would be nice for those with fine to medium textured hair.

on 5/3/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Tenacious slime! Took forever to rinse off, I kept trying to until hot water was gone. Comb that I used to comb it through was also slimy and it was hard to get it clean. After it was finally rinsed off (not all of it, some still remained in some parts, I just gave up) my hair felt squeaky clean, like after a shampoo and not conditioned or soft. Will not use this again.

on 11/1/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This definitely smells like baby. The conditioner is very thick and pearly in colour.

I thought it wasn't doing much but when I washed it off after a minute or two, my hair was easily detangled. It didn't leave my hair hydrated though, maybe a few more uses or use more conditioner? Will keep playing around with it.

Update: I was in a rush the other day and wasn't able to rinse all of the conditioner out. I left it and it actually soaked in when it dried and left my thick coarse hair looking and feeling pretty good. Don't use too much

on 12/25/2009 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the concepts behind Aubrey Organics. I initially bought this conditioner because I tried the shampoo before and the scent smelled so good! It was like a cherry+baby smell. When I squeezed the conditioner out, it smelled just as delicious as the shampoo. it was very thick so I thought it would be very moisturizing. Though it did smooth and detangle my hair in the shower, once I rinsed it out, I felt like I was rinsing out the smoothness as well. it didn't really do much to my hair even though my hair is oily to start out with. i've recently started using blowdryers and I needed my hair to retain its moisture. I don't think this one helps but I would recommend it to those who don't need that much moisture and who don't often use heat on their hair.

on 4/11/2009 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I work out everyday, usually pretty high impact, and sometimes shower up to 3 times a day. This conditioner is so nourishing and moisturizing, but can be used everyday and never makes your hair weighed down or feel like a deep conditioning treatment. It's perfect for my long medium color treated hair. I usually detangle first with a lightweight conditioner like the Whole Foods 365 citrus conditioner, then comb this through.

on 1/28/2009 12:16:00 PM

I thought I ruined my hair by swimming regularly (starting recently) in a highly chlorinated pool, but then I got this and the Swimmer's Shampoo and my hair is soft and shiny with volume. It has a nice, light scent and a light, "whipped" consistency. I love the shampoo too. I also sometimes use the Calaguala Fern leave-in treatment. I have fine, highlighted hair, so the chlorine is pretty hard on it. I also love that this company does not do animal testing! Highly recommended!

on 1/12/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Update: I tried this also in not so hard water and it's just as great. It is one of those conditioners that make your hair look so much better then in normal time and so every time you use it. It gives a really nice texture and look to my fine hair. I used to have this effect with the calendula conditioner from Weleda before they change the formula. Definitely my favorite.
Initial review:
This is a must have in hard water areas. When I visit Switzerland I only use this and I don't even need a vinegar rinse afterward(while with any other conditioner, vinegar rinse in hard water would be compulsory or I'll end up with unmanageable hair). My hair is fine, wavy, long and colored and this conditioner is the best I could find to keep it in good shape, but not oily in hard water areas. Smell is really good (almondy) and texture very nice.

on 10/18/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm on the fence about this product. It leaves my hair nice and soft if I let my hair air dry, but if I blow dry it's just not moisturizing enough and my hair feels dry. I tried leaving this on for 5 minutes instead of 1-2 minutes to see if it would leave my hair more moisturized and it left a really gross film on my hair. I also am not a big fan of the scent; very baby product-ish. I won't be repurchasing as it's just not moisturizing enough for my dry, color treated hair.

on 4/16/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only conditioner that makes my hair super soft. Usually other conditioners just make my hair oily so I only use it on the ends. But I use this conditioner all over once a week. It makes my hair very soft and light; it doesn't weight down my hair at all and I have thin hair that gets flat easily. It's a little expensive but a little goes a very very long way. I would definitely buy this again. I use this along with Beauty Without Cruelty Daily Benefits Shampoo.