September 2, 2014 | 1877 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - Swimmers Normalizing Shampoo for Active Lifestyles

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by gunzarelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A decent all-natural shampoo. Gentle, mild almond cherry scent that doesn't linger at all. Oddly enough, my scalp loves this shampoo- I've never seen it so clean, no flakes, no scaly/oily patches. Odd, but I'll take it. Not a lot of lather, and I do find my self using more than I normally would because of the slightly runny texture, but the only real downside is that after a week, it was quite drying for the rest of my hair. I may not use it every wash because of this- maybe as a treatment for my scalp more than anything, or just be careful not to lather it into the full length of my hair. Just need to find that elusive HG conditioner now.... Considering my previous luck with all-natural hair products, this one is just fine.

***UPDATE: Really FAR too drying for my hair. Treatment shampoo only, but still keeping it's place in my shower because of the scalp benefits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something to use when I go swimming and settled on this. You are supposed to shake the bottle and then apply to your hair. It doesn't lather much, but I made sure to concentrate on my scalp and I used my palms to gently work the shampoo to the ends of my hair. My hair felt amazingly clean and light. I didn't feel any residue and my hair had a cherry almond smell to it. This paired with the matching conditioner work really well together. It is very gentle and I can see those with finer textures liking this. I think this is slightly clarifying so those seeking a moisturizing shampoo, I would probably go with something else in the AO line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by smee123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use a clarifying shampoo from Neutrogena after swimming but it didn't do much so I decided to buy this one. It was $13 CAD so kinda pricey for a pool shampoo but I'd buy it again because it is helping with dandruff! I didn't buy it for that, but I noticed it after the first time I used it. My hair still has a gross film to it after swimming but it's still better than my Neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by juliebb

Love this and the conditioner that goes with it. It doesn't lather well like most shampoos but the results are silky shiny childlike hair. Takes all the hardness out of chlorine damaged hair and is especially good with the conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

This shampoo has a very thin, almost watery consistency and is impossible to work into a good lather, but despite that, it does get my hair clean. Since I bought a sample and only got to use it a handful of times, I was not able to tell if it helped me with the issues of hard water buildup. My hair is soft and not dry at all, and feels nice in general. The smell reminds me very much of Jergens Cherry Almond lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this a little drying at first, but it seemed to allow my deep conditioner to sink in more after using it. I have found this to be very useful right before dying my hair. It gets out all of the chlorine and minerals from my tap water out of my hair so that the dye can take more true to color. I would purchase again, but not for a while b/c I don't use that often.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jeannelucille

The texture is a little weird, doesn't lather much. But it's good for dealing with damage if you're a swimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I ruined my hair by swimming regularly (starting recently) in a highly chlorinated pool, but then I got this and the Swimmer's Conditioner and my hair is soft and shiny with volume. It has a nice, light scent. I love the conditioner too. And the rosa mosqueta moisturizer. I have fine, highlighted hair, so the chlorine is pretty hard on it. Highly recommended! (I used Ultra Swim shampoo at first because it was the only thing I could find but it seems to be harsh.)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to see if this product would work on me, even though I don't swim or exercise intensely.

First off, the smell is soo yummy and refreshing! It's definitely not minty, but it smells like a combination of cherries and baby stuff. I like it!

Guys, don't forget to shake before use =)

This probably cleanses well, but since I have hair that somewhat gets oily quickly, not the best choice for me.

Also, I've been noticing more dandruff. Uh oh.

So it didn't work for me, but it might work for others. I cannot see this being drying at all, so don't worry about that!

And I'm still trying to search for the perfect shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this with the conditioner while I lived in Miami when I'd spend all day in the ocean under a hot sun. Great scent and my hair was left shiny and full of volume.