April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Sparkling Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to agree that these are just kind of "meh". They are smooth and blendable. however, the glitter chunks are just too big. I was hoping for a more natural sheen. They come in 3 colors. Venus, machu pichu and gold rush. Venus is the lightest gold, machu pichu is a medium gold, and gold rush is more of a true gold.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed in this powder! :( I love the sparkling loose powder Nars has (it's my HG loose powder to be exact), so I thought I'd love this too. I went to Sephora and saw the tester and thought, eh...I'll give it a try. First off, the sponge that comes with it is useless. It's a teeny tiny sponge, one of those that kind of feels like felt. I ended up tossing it immediately since I could tell by first glance it would be worthless. As for the powder, I got mine in Venus, a color best for fair complexioned ladies like me. It's a decent color and although the sparkles look frightening in the package, they really do blend in nicely, just like the loose powder. However...the texture of this stuff is atrocious. The two main ingredents are talc and corn starch, and you can definitely tell. It's the driest powder I could ever imagine. It's so hard for me to get a decent amount of product with my Sephora powder brush, I basically have to scrape at it with the bristles. To make this all worse, this sucker was $30!!!! Holy ripoff, Batman!! I'll tinker with this a bit this weekend, maybe I'll have a good update, but I doubt it. Probably gonna trudge back to Sephora and take it back. I had such high hopes too!!