September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Strut

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought Strut I found it very intimidating to use as a very little goes a long way.
Now that I have a Koyudo C011 brush, Strut is one of my preferred crease shadows.
It applies so easily, gives a lovely depth to the other colours I use and blends a treat as well.
I understand Benefit is discontinuing Strut and think it's a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, as this quickly became one of my favorite eyeshadows. It is intense on me - I have light, cool coloring. But THIS is the color blue that people with blue eyes can and should wear. I love the shimmer, I love the smoky tone, I love the depth of color, and most of all I love that my eyes pop out intensely when I wear this.

With these cream eyeshadows, I get the tiniest amount of creasing after 5-6 hours on my very oily skin. I could remedy this with primer, but I feel like it is pretty easy to just pat at the crease a little and smooth it out.

I apply this with my finger. I tried using the brush, but I just feel like it uses and wastes more product putting it on the brush. I wipe the brush off, and there is a lot coming off on the tissue. My fingertips conserve the product and are pretty easy, as long as I apply fairly quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- get so many compliments when i use just this and eyeliner- it's so quick to do, n ppl think i took the time to do a proper smokey eye. I would rec this product to absolutely anybody esp if you are travelling and need a single product to just swipe on and blend quickly- it looks sooo pretty. I cannot hype this enough, and I really don't like any other Benefit product. Fool-proof- it'd be really good as a gift for a young'un just getting into makeup. I plan to gift these to my teenage sister n cousins too.
Oof love it! It's a perfect greyish blue, it makes for a beautiful and easy eye look- just this as shadow, black kohl on inside n top lid, or smashbox's gunmetal powder liner. So quick n simple n doesn't sweat off so good for summer! Plus mascara... Looks beautiful. Very glad i purchased this... You can build it up to be more opaque, but the initial sheer wash is my fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first Benefit eye shadow I ever bought, and it's a winner! I'd been wanting a denim bluish gray and on my fair skin, this is what Strut is. It's truly creaseless and seems to stay on for many hours, even when applied lightly. No need for a primer. Yes, it has some shimmer to it, which is supposed to be a "no-no" for women my age, but I love it. It actually brings out my brown eyes really well. Like I said, a true winner, head and shoulders above all the other expensive eye shadows in my drawer!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

The color is absolutely gorgeous especially for those (personally speaking) with olive skin. I bought it because I figured I could use it for a quick smokey eye.

Unfortunately, this product creases especially if you attempt to darken the color by putting on more than one layers. And, ends up disappearing in a few hours.

Was pretty disappointed with this, ended up returning. I will stick with NYX jumbo eye pencils or MAC paint pots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Sadiegem

Creaseless creams don't crease on me, i use them with UDPP for added security and they last the whole day until you take them off, once i slept with udpp and strut on still looked perfect in the morning. They also last all day if used as a base with powder eye shadow on top my favourite is strut with UD gunmetal.
Strut is a dark grey with hint of blue, really lovely used by itself its a fool proof smokey eye.
I will definitely buy this again as it is so versatile, a stable in my make up box. Please don't discontinue this benefit!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Not good on me at all! I am MAC NW20 (fair - medium) black/brown hair, brown eyes, bad dark undereye circles. Strut is that bad blue/black/charcoal color that just brought out my dark circles and made me look sooooo tired. I thought it would be a quick smokey eye, but I will have to stick with Skinny Jeans. People weren't kidding when they told my Skinny Jeans was way more versatile than Strut! SJ can be a light pewter or layed with other shadows (or itself) to create a smokey, darker eye. But Strut...just made me look sickly. I love Benefit's Creaseless Creams....but not this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got Strut a few days ago and I am loving this product! I've worn it to school two days in a row and it's stays on so well! I use UDPP underneath btw. I wore it under my eyes as an eyeliner today and it didn't drop down onto my face. I am very happy about that. :) I just wish that it was a little darker, but it's very nice overall (and I don't have any other cream shadow to compare it to). I gave the packaging a five because it's very sturdy, but I initially thought that the lid's design was engraved into it, but it's just a sticker. Kind of disappointing. I will buy this product again when I run out, but by the rate that I'm using it, it will be in a long time. I'm looking forward to their other CCS!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by nonamenguyen

I was introduced to this product at Macy's back in May when I went on a search for prom make up. I always have a problem with my eye shadow creasing so when she did a makeover for me, I was still a little bit skeptical. Six hours later, the shadow NEVER creased. I was really impressed. With all my other eyeshadows, I have to use the UD Primer Potion, but this one definitely does not need it.

The shadow is very smooth and easy to apply. Pigmented and using it as a liner is awesome. I just love this product.

Review for 'Skinny Jeans' & 'Strut'

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by stickbugs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I generally use this as a shadow. It's easy to apply with a small synthetic brush (I use a small concealer brush to apply it). However you have to blend quickly.
I love the colour (a metallic gun-metal charcoal) and it lasts a lot longer than other shadows I've used. It does migrate to under my eyes by the end of the day (I have oily eyelids), but much less than other shadows.

My only complaint is that the cream dries out in the pot after a while, which then it gets harder to blend.