August 29, 2014 | 1499 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Kelly Caleche

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by broadwaykoala

I have been waiting a few weeks to write this review... I needed to make sure I had my mind made up about this scent. My mom first tried it at a duty free shop and I initially hated it, believing it to be too strong, leathery, and in-your-face; later that day, we went to a restaurant, and I caught a whiff of the most wonderful smell...guess what it was? sneaky, sneaky Kelly. It leaves a delicious trail behind: it can only be described as soft, womanly and sophisticated... you can seriously smell the tuberose in this. I got my own bottle and use it mostly for special occasions, but I end up giving in and using it more often (maybe twice a week, as a treat). Lasting power is amazing: spray at 8 AM, still in your clothes by 11 PM!
Be warned: It's seriously addictive. I drove past the store several times over the last month, tempting myself to get a bigger stash, even though my current bottle is mostly full. But hey, at 50% off it's a pretty sweet deal, right?
I finally gave in yesterday and bought the two-pack (two 50 ml bottles, $50). Hooked you say? Yes, yes indeed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Lilosette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Irises are well known for their Cold sharpness of scent and Poised Elegance of Flora, But what i'm about to discover that Irises like Roses can have a
Varity of Textures and Volume ;Ie Dior's Midnight Poison to Pale Rose of Chloe eau de Parfume,
The Fragrances of Hiris, Kelly Caleche & The thrid
Prada's Infusion d,Iris Is sort of a Trilogy All three are not alike but what they all have in common
Irises and the personality of each Perfume,

Kelly Caleche is the Middle Child of the Iris Family
Not as Autocratic Like The cold and steely Hiris
But a bit more dolled up then the Casual and Earthier
Artisan Sister of Prada's D'iris, If Hiris is the ice
Princess of the Irises And Infusion is the
Earthier Side Kelly is the Fire that tries to break
the Inner surface of the icy Muse A Woman who years for Adventure and yet Keeping her Refindness Kelly Calche Balances Out,

The Opening starts off with the vigor of Lemon then The centerpiece of this scent is the Iris Note brings an air of Old World Elegance of Musty Leather bound Books aged by time Green Tea Steeping to the senses Conjours images of Haughty Dowergers sipping Tea on 18th century Antiques, Rose adds a Lady-likeGentilness Suble and yet Definded it stands on it's own with the Dominate notes Kelly Ends with
finest of Leather Not Synthitic Just pure Leather
Finishes This Beauty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I really was not expecting to fall for this one when I ordered a sample from Luckyscent. I have been putting it on my wrist and obsessively smelling it ever since I got it. Like many mentioned, I don't get a strong leather from this, more like an interpretation of leather by Ellena. The opening is light, sparkling. After it settles a little, the iris and the leather are more present. Everything is balanced though and it doesn't smell too strongly feminine or masculine. It stays close to the skin on me but lasts a long time, albeit softly. To me this is sophisticated but not stuffy or old lady. Can wear to work or on the weekend. I am definitely going to look into swapping for or buying a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I think this perfume is lovely and elegant yet enticing and sexy. Really feminine yet somewhat androgynous. Airy and light with a hint of sweet but then also musky and dark. It has a really amazing balance. I really love it.

While I think the leather is prominent from the start to finish in this fragrance, I don't really recognize it as particularly leathery, it just blends so nicely with the florals and citrus that it becomes kind of a spicy, edgy floral. I love the subtle rose in this. It's so not typical cliche rose, it's done beautifully.

I got a decant sample of this in a swap a few weeks ago and am in the process of swapping for the full size from the same person. So excited. I have only tried the EDT at this point and think the sillage and lasting power is great. I'm sure I'll try the EDP too at some point.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Rahsan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a fragrance from Hermes, doesn't measure to the expectations. Just smells like your average, generic department store fragrance. I did the wrist test in the store and caused an itch on the area it was applied. It was still itchy even after hrs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Upon the initial spray and first five minutes I get a lot of synthetic, alcoholy leather. It then goes through a phase of smelling like peppery water, but the drydown is quite nice, like spicy skin. Overall, it kind of reminds me of a barber shop. I don't mind the smell of barber shops--I just don't want to smell like one. This isn't really what I expected, and overall it's just okay, which is odd because I adore most Hermes fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had feeling I was going to like this...and I do...a lot...so much I practically started shaking at the Nordstrom's counter. As soon as I took the top off the bottle, it seemed like JC Ellena had created a bespoke pefume for me. This smells exactly like I have always imagined my best self to! Kelly Caleche smells like me accepting a Nobel Prize on a good hair day: smart, pretty, in control and on top of the world!

It's a soft floral leather, maybe a bit plasticky at the start when I sniff right at the spot I applied to, but I am happy to wait it out for ten minutes so that I can spend the rest of the day thinking I'm a Nobel laureate. It's also very, very Ellena -- although I haven't been into perfumes for long, there's an immediate similarity to Un Jardin sur le Toit (another favorite) that even I could pick out.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

For being a supposed floral leather, I get absolutely no leather in Kelly Caleche at all. Sad, as leather is my favorite note. Or perhaps leather is there, but it's so scrubbed clean, sanitized, and doused with powdery florals that it might as well as not been there at all. Waited for the dry down but even then all I get is something chemical and flowery, like a blend of hand soap and floral-flavored tea. I guess Kelly's fine if you don't like leather in your leather scents. Tenacious scent though, 5 hours later and it's still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

there is nothing wrong with this perfume except the fact that you can over wear it.. i loved it in the begining but can't stand it in the summer and definately would not buy it again.. now why did it i give it 5 lippies is because the smell and lasting power is amazing , it is sophisticated , lasting and very impressionable yet if you buy the eu de perfume version and if you have a sensitive nose like me you will get bored with it.. too heavy , if you buy the eua de toilette version then that is so much better .. exactly like channel christalle , the eua de toilette version is so much better..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is a winner. I love the floral initial blast, but the creme de la creme is the drydown of soft, supple leather. Long-lasting. It is pretty expensive, which is one reason I gravitate to it. Nobody else I know is willing to spend such an amount on a fragrance! I am an avid user of Hermes fragrances and love them like second skin. Don't smell myself coming and going either. Soft fragrance once it dries down.