July 26, 2014 | 918 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Color Ideal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Britforever26

I use to sell Lancome and let me tell you THERE is a color for you out there you just gotta find it, it matches perfectly and it lastes. Awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Dezz1988

Lancôme offers good various shades for people with different skin tones. However this foundation was not really nothing for me, I simply bought it to try it (I'm a teint idole ultra-fan) Its nothing special for that price, then you can look for something cheaper from lets say Lumene (Finnish brand, good, cheap products) This is not so covering (though thats good if your'e looking for that kind of product of course) but the problem was that after you wear it for a while it disappears (at least I felt so) and also I get wierd lines from it. I don't have any blemishes or what so ever and not any wrinkles, I have tried to use different skin creams under the foundation but nothing really changes anyway, also I have tried primer but no magic wonders there either. Nope, so for the same price I would say buy the Teint Idole Ultra, thats 100 times better! (and also what I've heard, they are discontinuing Color Ideal so maybe the reason might be that not too many likes this one?)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Ink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews! Remember, all foundations require BLENDING! Because this foundation has light to medium coverage, it won't fix all of your blemishes, but you do have to "work it" to make sure it does look natural.
I bought two of these foundations when I found out they'll be discontinued and paid about how much one would pay for a nice drugstore foundation. That being said, I'm going to write this review as if I purchased it retail price.

My best results with liquid foundation has been the MUFE HD foundation. Nothing has beat it yet. However, this fairs considerably than a lot of other foundations. I got II-20 (W) which is about a NW30/35. I thought the foundation would orange and oxidize as the day continued, but it didn't! Boy, was I pleased as a peach! That being said, this foundation lasts really well throughout the day. Because I do have oily skin, I do have to blot, and when I put on foundation, I always set with powder.

This foundation also has a pleasant scent, but it's not overwhelming. The texture is a liquid, but it's not runny. It's not quite creamy either, but I think "plush" describes it well.

Also, I would rather spend my money on the MUFE HD foundation, but I did get these at a steep discount. If you're lucky enough to be a discount counter, I strongly recommend this foundation. I gave this a 4 due to the steep retail price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by may1980

Gives good coverage but when it sets, looks very heavy and powdery on the skin which makes me look older, as it accentuates the lines. Also i have to be extra careful to blend very well in the parts where my pores are larger.
Colour match is good though, I will try mixing it up with some moisturiser like another user suggested, as that's the only thing I can do now.
Overall not a good foundation for my skin, and the price is pretty high.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by amberterri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

A change of heart on this product. I am very pale, and i got the palest shade and its slightly yellow, i need to use a sponge to blend this out. Consistancy is slightly thick, but not too thick. This foundation is meant to be light/med coverage but it looks a bit obvious ... when it finally blends it looks nice. For the price, i could of got a nicer foundation. it is a nice foundation, but not worth the money at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Jotten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this foundation at the lancome accounter on a duty free ( freeshop) in santiago chile. I payed about $50, wich was not a big deal, but the lancome lady ( uhgggg i hate her, she made me waste $50!), Gave me the wrong color, it's to dark for me. Just for reference I'm NC15. The color she gave me was 02, wich I think would look great in a NC or NW 20, or even better NC/W 25 skintone. I dont usually get tan, so i dont know how I am going to use it, so I'm going to review it ignoring the ''color problem''. Ok, if the color was right this would probably be my HG foundation. I applied with mac 187 and them I use my finger tips to make it look more natural. It last all day long, and I just got oily on my nose and a bit on my forehead after about 5 hours without blotting or anything like that. When you applied it right, people can't tell that you're wearing make up, wich it's great! I have acne prone, sensitive, combination skin, and I had no reaction with the color ideal foundation. It has SPF 15, wich is good but not enough, you should always wear spf at least 30. i hope you like my review!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by NadjaFelton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this make up. It applies easily, blends in perfectly well with my skin tone, gives decent, very natural coverage and wears very lightly and comfortable. I use it in combination with color ideal pressed powder. Because my acne prone, oily skin, I appreciate the zinc oxide SPF. This physical SPF doesn't break me out, the chemical ones that you find in regular sun screen products do. The sun protection is awesome, once applied in the morning I am good to go for the rest of the day, even here in Florida a whole day on our boat doesn't faze my skin, no need to reapply! It doesn't' dry out my skin but doesn't keep it from getting oily around noon time either, that's probably to much to ask in our hot humid climate. It doesn't slide off though, so I use rice paper to soak up the oily film and reapply some powder half way through the day. I am very satisfied with this make up and always come back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by raacheljoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got sick of my usual drug store foundations due to colour problems and went to my nearest Lancome counter on a whim and bought this foundation in the lightest shade they have - beige porcelain. The colour is PERFECT on my pale skin. I wear it on top of a avon primer and it goes on very smooth and natural.
I wouldn't suggest this foundation if you have large pores however.
I will definitely be buying it again, even though it's quite expensive i think it is worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Ivyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for about a year; I can't say that I love it but I think that it has done a decent job and I won't condemn a product that I have had to rely upon on many occasions. Now, application wise this applies very nicely, blends well and provides a pretty decent finish. I was never truly satisfied though because the Lancome lady decided to give me a shade too yellow for my extremely white skin. At the time, perhaps because of my ill-knowledge surrounding makeup, I didn't protest because I was too excited to be using my first semi-professional foundation (I had been using a very hideous and cheaply made drugstore brand prior to this) I would think though that if one was to match their skintone perfectly then they would be far more satisfied than I ever was with the final results of application. Another thing I appreciate about this foundation is that it can be used as an under eye concealer as well. It is fairly long lasting but after a certain amount of time it becomes shiny and light reflective. Though I never used a setting powder or primer so perhaps if one was used this effect wouldn't occur. Coverage is heavy and I would prefer something that I am less aware of being on my face. Packaging is also quite awkward. All in all this foundation has done it's job and for that I am appreciative.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by redkit09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product received such negative reviews; I actually had an amazing experience with it. I received a deluxe sample of it with one of my Lancome purchases. The sample I received is two shades darker than my actual shade but I found out that it was actually an amazing bronze shade for me for the summer. When I want to look tan, I use Lancome Color Ideal.

I used a primer beneath it today and it has lasted me around 5 hours. No break-outs. An amazing nice flawless finish. It covers all my imperfections and minimizes the appearance of my pores. I will probably purchase the full size once I finish my sample.