December 18, 2014 | 1644 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Cover FX - Cover FX - Skintint

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference: Green eyes, dark brown hair, neutral to warm skin tone, NW25/NC 25 ish, combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oily tzone), sensitive skin, broken capillaries on cheeks.

A cosmetician at Shoppers Drug Mart recommended this brand and product due to the various shades. My skin is neutral to warm and she suggested E Light (for skin with a mix of cool and pink tones).

Pros: Even though the color looks too dark it seemed to adjust to my skin tone quite well, It 's sometimes difficult finding foundation, tinted moisturizes for neutral skin tones. It gives a healthy glow.

Cons: Doesn't cover broken capillaries ( I'm aware that TM are light weight in the coverage dept) so I need to use concealer after applying this product. My skin felt greasy hours later even though I applied a dusting of powder over top. It has an odd smell when you first squeeze it out of the tube but it disappears after blending. It's not worth the $$ (around $ 38-40 Canadian)

Even though the color match was great I won't repurchase due to the cons listed above.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by blush1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't get the point of this.

It has 0 coverage, doesn't moisturize my skin, doesn't match my skin (I match the cover fc M20 perfectly and I tried the M-light) and smears off any other makeup I've tried to wear it over.

Since it was expensive I am now just using it as a "liquid bronzer" on my cheeks and sun kissed areas of my face..But like I said it's hard to put on because it smears my foundation off. I really don't have any use for this product. I REALLY hate cover fx products, from the foundation, to the powders, to this joke.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product made it official that I will never try another product from Cover FX. The only thing that I feel I like the slightest is the primer & after using it more & more, I am now on the fence about that also. This shouldn't even be called a tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizer have moisturizer consistency and give at least a little bit of coverage. The consistency of this is more like primer. It feels exactly like the primer they have. It gives not even a hint of coverage nor does it give even the slightest feel of moisturizer. It's more like a dark primer. I have this in E light & the color is oddly dark like a chocolate brown color. This is seriously pointless on your skin. The only good thing I can say is that I didn't buy it and waste money, I received it in a swap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I bought this online from Cover FX in E Light. Its horrible, I kept trying to give it chances but its going back. E Light looks really dark even after I smoothed it out on my skin. It has 0 coverage and just sits on my skin. It has a silicone feel to me without any moisturizing effects.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

If this is not causing my breakouts, I will fully embrace this tinted moisturizer cause it has it all for me. It is extremely lightweight, can hardly feel it's on, like Boots True Identity only with SPF. I bought Light and it goes on in a caramel color which is perfect since I have gotten a little color on my face but would be too dark for me in winter. Diffuses problem areas but will still requires concealer so a true tinted moisturizer. Some may think it feels dry but on my normal skin I love how this feels and lasts. And SPF 30. This all in one product has made my makeup routine simpler.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by dimesandnichols

I usually don't spend more than $20 on moisturizers for my face, but I really wanted to try a tinted moisturizer for oily skin. I intended on trying Smashbox, but they were out of the colour that I needed. Instead, Skintint FX was recommended to me. I thought it was a little pricey at $39, but it really works wonders. My skin doesn't get oily as quickly, it has a nice natural bronzed look to it (E Light), and my make-up (powder foundation) holds well all day. Normally I look white and pasty in photos because I use high SPF on my face, but I noticed that since I started using Skintint, I look fab in photos! The only reason I couldn't give it 5/5 is because there are a couple drier spots on my face that don't seem to get quite enough moisture from this product. Otherwise I absolutely love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by AngeliaJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not the best tinted moisturizer out there, I have the primer, tinted moisturizer and setting powder. What a waste of money, I find the TM too oily and somewhat grey looking on my skin and the setting powder is way to sparkly for day wear. And at $45 CDN - it is way overpriced. I will stick with my Smashbox tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by toucansam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont have oily skin, but this product made my skin look extremely oily
and it also made me look dirty
i would rather just buy a night and day cream that gives you a tan gradually
its stinky too
and its also very watery
also, it is very sheer so you can hardly see the tan unless you apply two coats

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Demeter2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually got a deluxe sample of this in Shade; E Light and after trying this on my Fairly Light (in BE Shade) skintone, I found this to be the perfect bronzer for my skin for the spring and summer months.

It goes on smooth, doesn't cause me to break out, is moisturizing without being oily, and has an 30 spf to boot.

I didn't realize how expensive it is until I looked it up on Sephora, but I would say that out of the several samples of tinted moisturizer I have tried, I would buy this one in a heartbeat over the other ones.

It gives the prefect brownish tone of glow to the face and doesn't look fake at all (and I'm not just saying that) LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nverno

...WOW... This, for me, works AMAZING!!! Now I can wear SPF and not feel shiny or irritated.

First off, I love Cover FX's "SkinPrep FX treatment and primer," so I thought I would try this one, and sure enough, it's awesome too. It has the same treatment and vitamins as the Skinprep FX primer (go to sephora.com or nordstrom.com to read all about the beneficial ingredient list), and it applies very similarly. It's an oil-free and fragrance-free calming formula with an SPF 30! Gentle enough for me to even use it all around my eye area. Even though it's oil-free, it goes on feeling like an oil. You spread it out evenly over the entire face, and after about one minute, most of the product is absorbed into the skin leaving a light, non-greasy amount of the SPF and medical-grade silicone on the surface of the skin. If you use other makeup, you get a really nice, smooth, plump application. If not, it gives you a natural, velvety finish. As with any cream or liquid, I advise you to set it with a little powder for it to last- otherwise it would probably fade.

It provides a really light coverage, basically only neutralizing discolorations, and giving you a natural glow. For me, it's not enough coverage and I need to apply my regular foundation. I wear Skintint for its treatment, moisture, SPF, and as a makeup primer, not as my only foundation. Someone who wants minimal coverage would use just this and a little powder to set.

Skintint is an SPF 30, but you would never know because it's so lightweight on the skin. For me, being a combination-oily skin-type, almost every single SPF leaves a thick residue or weird, shiny glow on my face that I do not like. I feel as though it looks like I have a thick, greasy mask on... I am self-conscience about it all day because I can actually feel most sunscreens sitting on my skin. Also, certain SPF's actually burn my eyes. Even when I avoid applying it close to my eyes, the formulas somehow meltdown or something and still burn my eyes. Not Skintint Fx! It doesn't irritate my eyes and skin at all, even when deliberately applied all around my eye area. Also, it's so light that I do not feel it sitting on my skin. (*The shiseido SPF 55 for face and body is the only other SPF that I have been able to use besides this one- I'll be writing a review for that too).

Skintint FX comes in an airtight pump package exactly like the Skinprep, one to two pumps is enough for my entire face. I personally like products that don't get exposed to air every time you use them... So in that respect this works for me.

This is important.. it's about the shades... Don't be discouraged if the shades seem really bronze. I am the shade C-Light (C in the coverFX line is for cooler shades, E is for balanced, and M is for olive or more golden). Ironically, when you look at the C-light shade it looks way more browner/bronzer in color than the E or M shades. It looked all wrong at first when I applied it on my face in one streak, looking very dark and way too brown, but low and behold, once I blended it in as you would any other tinted moisturizer, it looked awesome and my skin felt so soft! The bronze color just seemed to melt and blend in only to totally warm up my cooler/ redder complexion without looking obvious. The bronze in it also neutralized my discolorations and redness so they were less noticeable, but did not give me a makeup line like I thought it would when I first looked at the darker color of the product. Sometimes I guess you just have to try it out and I am really glad that I did because it worked. Also, just so you know, this primer, just like the SkinPrep FX primer/treatment, does not bead up no matter how much you apply or rub onto your skin. Most primers containing silicone do bead or ball up and it looks and feels horrible. I've never had that problem with this product. Skintint Fx just glides right onto the skin! Nice! Bottom line: I love what this does for my skin. I will be re-buying this.