August 30, 2014 | 965 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - Organic Broad Spectrum Sunblock Lotion SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by nikmil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this product a 5 because I break out from sunblock extremely easily. I can't even tell you how many different formulas I've tried, and this is the ONLY ONE that doesn't make me break out.

This product is mostly made up of the physical blockers (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide), which is why people are commenting that it's very thick and not easy to spread. But these physical blockers are the reason why my skin doesn't break out, and for that I am extremely grateful!

The scent on mine is cranberry, and I happen to like it. But it is definitely stronger smelling than your average sunblock.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by EstheticianJen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will agree with the previous reviewers on the scent....it is a very strong scent. I can't tell if I smell like oregano or something, but it is strong. I've gotten used to it now, though.
It is thick...I mean THICK. I will say it does not get greasy and that was a pleasant surprise.
The best thing about this sunscreen besides price is IT WORKS! I've been using a lot of "chemical" sunscreens with avobenzone cocktails. I have been using Clinique SuperDefense 25 since the day it came out and loved (and still do) its magnificent consistency. However, as I have noticed through the years, I still freckle on my cheeks. That is now how I judge sun exposure...it my freckles are darker/more plentiful. It's like they "flare" when exposed to sunlight! LOL Since I have been dabbing this on my face, they have diminished. It also helps keep me cooler than chemical sunscreens, because it deflects the sun's rays. (Read the excellent article in Vogue from a couple months ago on sunscreens) Once they've absorbed the rays, chemical sunscreens actually convert the sun's energy into heat energy. Fascinating. Anyhow, back on topic, this stuff actually stops the sun dead in its tracks and I'm pretty stoked about it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this was the worst sun screen I have ever tried. I couldn't return it fast enough. The STRONG fragrance gave me a headach..I had to wash it off my face. Good idea...bad product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I tried this since I'm starting to wear suncreen daily on my arms and chest instead of just from the neck up, so I thought this would be a good place to start (and it's free this month at RiteAid!). This is THICK lotion that smells very herbal. It's full of zinc, so you can imagine how white this turns your skin--and it almost has a purple flash to it in the light. Strangely, it didn't take as long as I thought it would to soak in, given the gluey consistancy, but I was one greasy mess for a little while, and it wasn't the easiest to rub in. However, trading all this for the fact that it's organic and the fact that it worked to protect my skin really well, it's a good trade-off. Still, I find that the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreens are nicer, and have a much more potent SPF at 55 and 70. I'll use this up, but probably not repurchase.