October 1, 2014 | 1909 users online

Bronzers - Shiseido - MAQuillAGE Shiny Design Powder - LE bronze version Summer 2007

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by marilu62

Well I bought this because I love Japanese products and this brand is no different. Having said that, I have to say this one I will not buy again. The powder has too much glitter in it, and doesn't impart the bronzing glow I had hoped to get. As a bronzer, I am going back to HG blush by Flirt, " Caramel Belle". It's cheaper, can be used alone and best of all, a shimmer, no sparkles.
IMO, if you are over 40, glitter is best saved for the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***
I am not sure if the category "Bronzer" is correct for this product since it's supposed to be a highlighter/contouring powder but I use it as a bronzer and love the result so decided to review it here.

MAQuillAGE has a pressed powder called "Precious Design Powder" in the permanent collection, available in 2 colors (one is white/green/pink/blue, the other comes in various shades of beige/peach to be used as a highlighter or a face powder... I have the lighter one and love it btw). They come in a shiny black compact with mirror and brush.

The new summer LE "Shiny Design Powder" comes in a very pretty metallic shiny bronzey pink compact with golden ornaments on the front cover.

The mirrored compact comes with an extra compartment on top of the powder to store the brush. The flat brush has soft bristles but is quite small so I don't reach for it. I prefer my own big fluffy powder brush to apply this product.

The powder itself has 4 colors: cream, light peach, taupey beige and medium bronze. You can use the lighter shades for highlighting and the darker ones for contouring. I just swirl them together and apply the powder allover my face to give it a soft sunkissed glow. It's a great neutral color, not too orange or dark for PPP me. I think it might not work as a bronzer on darker skintones but if you're pale this is a great product.

When the powder is new and untouched it looks very shimmery but it's infact just a layer sprayed on. Shiny Design Powder is not glittery or overly shimmery, it's more of a soft shimmering glow.

Shiny Design Powder (which is unscented btw) retails for 3675 Yen in Japan (somewhere between US$30-35) for 7 grams of product so it's not really cheap. At least the compact is refillable so you can use the case for the Precious Design Powder refills later on.

My sensitive skin doesn't get irritated when using this product.

continued >>