August 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Polishes - Orly - Haute Red

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just uploaded a picture me putting my fingers agains the wall. As you can see from the pic, Haute Red is a very rich, orange-based red. The formula is above average and I had no problems applying two coats evenly. The color is truly haute and classy. The only reason I'm not using this polish as often as I used to is that I found a red substitute in Essie's collection. But I highly recommend this to classic cherry red lovers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't always wear red nail polish but when I do, I'm going to make sure THIS is the one I use. Orly Haute Red is a gorgeous bright saturated red that would work with virtually any skintone. To my eye, it's more neutral, not warm or orangey, but maybe the older formula was? Mine was purchased in 2013 so maybe there's been a bit of tweeking going on with the shade. It's a dream to apply and is almost a one coater, but I did 2 to make sure my application was even. In the past when I've had to do cleanup with a red, I made a big stain-y mess but this cleans up very nicely and easily - a big bonus. As always the nice large Orly bottles and rubber cap are a plus as well. I usually top off my polish with Beauty Secrets Hardener AND Out the Door topcoat and drying time was pleasantly quick there as well. Really, there is nothing negative to say! This will be the standard that I hold all other red polishes up against. Nicely played, Orly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MissChikki777

I love this more than any other polish I own. I own several hundred, by many different companies, so that's saying a lot. The color is SO smooth, and it stays fresh for a long time, it's chip resistant, and it's a very cherry red. My #1 choice for a good, red nail polish. I would DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by spring_pansy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm more of a fragrance-addict than a polish person, but I do love pedicures and keep polish on my toes all summer. This is a fantastic red, it's definitely my red and a gorgeous summer shade. It also lasted for a month on my toes (with a top coat, etc) and looked great with everything. Besides that, the rubber top on Orly bottles is wonderful and I got it on sale at Sally's. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, I NEVER EVER wear nail polish, but wanted something for this Valentine's Day. I sell flowers so wanted to have red polish. My nails are beautiful. Just put it on, so can't say about lasting power. I will put a clear coat on it before tomorrow! It is a beautifiul red with orange in it to go with my yellowish , olive complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by carlan80

Applies smoothly. Looks great after two coats. Perfect red for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by hrab03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just finished giving myself a manicure and pedicure with this polish so I can't comment on lasting power. The color is really similar to other reds I have but OMG . . .this stuff is a freakin' dream to apply. No kidding!! The color is as mentioned several times below, warm (orange-y), creamy, slightly fiery red, nothing too OTT. Old style brush w/grippy handle. You can achieve opaqueness with one coat. I did two coats on my toes and one coat on my fingers (I'm a little impatient when drying) and didn't find too much of a color difference between coats. I would absolutely 100% purchase this polish again merely for the wonderful application alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This polish is a wonderful, creamy warm toned red. Tame enough to look classic, but also a little firey. I got nearly full coverage with one coat, two coats it was perfect.

I really really like the Orly brand of polishes. The cushy handle makes handling the brush easy, and the brush itself applies the polish very evenly and without streaks. Definitely my favorite polish brand hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely warm red creme that looks gorgeous on my toes and fingers, even with my pale, cool toned skin. Such a fun pin-up color. Formula's great, bottle's great, color's great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The search for the perfect red ends here. Delicious maraschino cherry red. Perfect application, perfect drying time, perfect coverage.