April 18, 2014 | 1837 users online

Treatments - Differin Gel .3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Chrysta12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me preface by saying I've been struggling with acne for almost 3 years. Blackheads, whiteheads, cystic, nodular; everything under the sun. I've tried every over the counter treatments including: vitamins, creams, oils, moisturizers, face soaps, and masks. Nothing worked. I went to my dermatologist after the first year and was prescribed trentinoin and doxycycline. They made my acne worse. So I stayed away from them. I tried birth controls but that made my acne the worst my face had ever been. I tried the dermatologist again a couple weeks ago after a bad break out. She prescribed me aczone for the morning, differin in the evening and an antibiotic. Although the aczone and antibiotic calmed things down a bit, the differing knocked out everything. Which was awesome. I no longer get the painful huge bumps anymore. I still have some really pesky blackheads on my chin, but they don't bother me. All I'm left with are the scarring and hyperpigmentation, to which I use Tarte amazonion clay in fair sand shade. Works wonders. I'm so glad I found differin. The only thing is it's super drying. To help with that I have a regimen:
Wash face with aveeno moisturizing bar with colloidal oatmeal.
Soak a cotton ball with witch hazel and rub all over face to help minimize my pore size
Apply a small pea size amount of differin to cheeks and chin
Moisturize with neautrogena oil free moisture
And once a week I exfoliate using a soft cloth and st Ives.
My skin hasn't looked this awesome in awhile (minus the hyperpigmentation which the differin seems to be helping with)
Good luck!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Hands down the best RX for adult acne. If you've tried everything, this will work for you. Not harsh, but very effective. Better than tazorac gel, retin a micro, etc.... It does take a few months to see results, but over the years your skin will thank you. Try this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by NajlaAl

Pricey but worth it! Only thing to clear me up after 4 dang years of acne!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm only 20, but I've had cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, and jawline since I was 13, along with little whiteheads on the sides of my bottom lips and on my forehead, AND large pores on my cheeks and big blackheads on my nose. My parents always told me to scrub it, if you use soap and water it'll go away. It never did, though. The texture of the blackheads on my nose would go away overnight and be back in the morning. I could squeeze the whiteheads, but they, too, would be back within a couple days. After trying retinoid creams, lotions, different brands 3 step kits, peroxide creams, Epiduo, nothing worked. I thought about trying Accutane, but the reviews scared me.

Finally, my dermatologist sent me a bag full of sample tubes of this Differin Gel. I was really skeptical. "cool, something else to try that'll dry out my skin and do nothing." After just TWO days I started noticing a difference in the whiteheads on my jawline. I've been using it about eight weeks now, I've had two cystic pimples since I started using it. (Usually it was 3-5 a week)

Today I noticed that the cystic spots are going down, the texture on my chin is MUCH better, my nose is smooth. Very little dryness on my nostrils, nowhere else. I do not only use this as a spot treatment, since the issues were all over my face. I put a light coat over my whole face, THEN I put a little bit on the spots that are coming up. I do this when I wake up, and before I go to sleep. I wish it had a pump, instead of being in a tube. I can't really say much for price because I have insurance + I've been using samples.

I would really recommend this to anyone who's been struggling with acne, I hadn't gone out of the house without makeup in years. This has made such a dramatic difference, I haven't worn foundation in two months. With my sensitive skin and the things I've tried, I can honestly say IT'S WORTH TRYING.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've struggled with acne for over 10 years and this has been one of the best prescription products I have tried. I have literally tried everything. Differin has not only helped my acne but I noticed it helps the acne scars fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Fallingstar

Love this product so much! It has done wonder on my skin. During high school, I used to have relatively clear skin, with a pimple here and there. Once I reached college, my skin broke out horribly which I attribute to lack of sleep + stress. There would be many of these little bumps all over my cheeks that wouldn't go away. That's for the better days. At my worst, it would be redness + clear liquid oozing out of these little bumps, that would usually occur around my week. I still shiver when thinking back. Then, I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me differin at night and benzaclin in the morning. She said that the reason I keep having those horrible breakouts was because of clogged pores and that differin would help. Right now, I don't break out anymore, except the occasional pimple, which goes away relatively fast. My skin is now in a good enough condition to go out without applying concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by marsbars101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product has helped my skin sooooo MUCH! the price was around 60 dollars and after 2 months i have used a quarter of the product. the way that it helps to clear the skin is by drying out the pimple so definetely be prepared for dry skin, i had really oily skin before using this and now i hardly EVER get oily.... HOPE I HELPED <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best acne treatment my dermatologist ever prescribed me. It doesn't irritate my skin, no bothersome peeling or dryness. I only use a little bit at a time and the tube is huge, so each tube lasts me a least a year (been using this for about 4 years). It goes on clear so I can wear it during the day without notice. It controls my shine too, which is wonderful because I have oily skin. It's EFFECTIVE! With daily use (and a little benzaclin at night) I have seen s significant improvement with my acne. My doctor said it would clear up my blackheads, but it hasn't done much in that department, but it has kept them at bay and they are less noticeable. It's weird though... the regular differin gel (.2% I think) over-dried my skin, hmm. But this sure doesn't! This is a GREAT acne treatment and I'd highly recommend it to people of all ages suffering from mild - moderate acne. Oh, and the price is steep, but if you have insurance it's not tooooo bad (plus it lasts a looooong time so it's worth every penny).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by anniegirl216

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BYE BYE PAINFUL RETIN A.......I use this Differin gel 0.3% at bedtime as directed and it has changed my skin for the better. It is a wonder gel. Easy application,in which i put on after moisturizer and it keeps my skin clear, no burning or purging phase occured, peeling did occur because I do use BenzaClin in the daytime. This gel is great & worth a try for anyone!! What a lifesaver.....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by HT2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on differin gel for 3 months and all I can say is that I am a bit "so-so" with this product because I recieved it as a free sample from my dermatologist. I had extremely horrible acne and I decided to go to the dermatologist she tried all kinds of generic retinols and decided to give me differin. She said that differin 0.3 is very strong and that my skin would possibily peel. I tried this with my benzaclin and it works wonders fro the skin. Differin is actually another form of stable retinol that stays on the skin better and does not become unstable after a certain amount of time.

When I first used differin my skin did not peel or burn and that is probably because I have very oily skin. So after about 3 months I notice that my blackheads were going away and that my acne would come up every now and then. It depends on each individual if their skin is suitable for this product and if you are using differin for the first time or any form of retinol you will break out because the product is opening up your pores and your skin is being encouraged to regenerate.