December 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Supre - Hempz Herbal Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, and I'm okay with using thicker lotions. This is just too light for me. It absorbs really fast, but I end up still feeling dry. I feel like I need to reapply just an hour or two later, which doesn't work out too well with how much this costs. The scent is okay. It isn't a plus, but I don't dislike it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I think I first began using this because it was at my local tanning salon in all the little rooms. I eventually purchased a full sized bottle from the salon for myself and would generally use it during the summer (that summery scent!!) after being in the sun all day. It is extremely moisturizing, along the lines of a cocoa butter type formula, but not thick like a body butter. It's not irritating, and I use this after I shave, sun exposure, every day use. It absorbs nicely and does not leave my skin feeling greasy. The original scent is yummy and smells like the beach! However, I find the other scents (Watermelon & Coconut) have a very artificial, plastic-y scent to them, yuck! Definitely stick with original!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ArtaSk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely in love with this product ! I have very sensitive skin and this does the trick to keep my skin feeling baby soft and hydrated after shaving. Not a messy, watery formula, and not too thick either. I recently purchased the Cucumber & Jasmine scent at a local beauty supply store for about $12.00, it is well worth it & smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mthrwlf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hempz herbal body moisturizer is by far my favorite moisturizer. The original scent is extremely light and pleasant described as floral, strawberry and a hint of banana. I have tried the citrus scent but after a month I got really sick of it- so my advice is to stick with the original scent. As others have said, it does not leave you feeling sticky or greasy- it absorbs fast and leaves you feeling a clean sort of moisturized. I have eczema on both of my elbows and HEMPS worked better than my CeraVe cream (in the tub) when it came to keeping my elbows from drying out- it really has done wonders. So from my experience my eczema has gone from flaking dry disgusting skin to scar tissue that is now soft.

I would not have purchased this if it was full price at more than $20 a bottle. I get mine at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for $12.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion. It smells amazing and it's light and velvety and moisturizing without being oily. My only complaint is that I cannot get this lotion for any cheaper than $20 a bottle where I live, so I have to use it sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by JMayes

This is such a nice moisturizer. It's light and a little goes a long way. I don't feel sticky or greasy after putting this on. The smell I find is nice, it's not too heavy for me. My skin is also very sensitive to heavy smells and products but so far so good! It is a bit on the expensive side, but a bottle will be lasting me a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this lotion in the Original scent and this is my favorite scent so far. It smells heavenly and I love putting it on because of the scent. It hydrates my skin very well and I find that I only need to apply it when I want to break out the delicious smell again. I would look for deals -- I found this a bit pricey for $23, but then I've seen it at TJ Maxx for half that price. So look around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have found hemp seed oil to be one of the most nourishing, moisturizing oils out there. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find decent skincare products that have it as a prominent ingredient. I got a bottle of this because it has hemp oil in it, but didn't realize what an unappealingly sweet, rather strong fragrance it had until I got home and opened it. I am very particular about fragrance, especially in skincare products, and I ended up shoving this under the bathroom sink, fated never to be seen again.

Fast forward to this past winter. This past winter, my skin was really bad--dry to the point of being flaky and ashy, irritated, etc. My normal body lotion was not working. I tried this lotion because it was in the cabinet and I was desperate enough to ignore the scent. I've been using it pretty much everyday since then.

The lotion is the perfect texture: thick and rich, but it sinks in beautifully without too much rubbing. It feels greasy for a little bit, but sinks in relatively quickly. My skin feels very, very soft these days. There's not a trace of flakiness or dryness, despite the brutal winter the NE has just undergone. I would say it's a good value.

I've gotten used to the scent, but only grudgingly. It is sweet in a really artificial way (like cheap perfume) and I imagine it would be cloying in warm weather. But I love how this lotion makes my skin feel. If this product were unscented or fragranced with natural essential oils, it would be my HG. I'll keep using it, but I'll also keep my eyes peeled for something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

It's funny reading the reviews on the scent of this lotion. I'll get to that in a minute.
I have been using this for years mostly in warm weather months when my skin didn't need as much conditioning. It's about $24 for 17 oz.
Hempz lotion is not greasy and moisturizes well, but I've just found another lotion/cream that I can use year round. (Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter in lotion and cream form.)
Now onto the scent which is such a subjective thing. For me this has always been a fruity scent mixed with a dash of herbal (It does have Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil after all.) It has a medium intensity.
If I had to pick one fragrance I get from this it would be honey dew melon. That's why I was initially attracted to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was a huge disappointment. I can't really speak of its moisturizing properties because the heavily perfumed fragrance was horrific. This lotion smells sooo "old lady perfume" multiplied by 1000. I had to immediately re-shower to get that fragrance off of me - really strong and cloying. I gave it to my friend who tossed it away as well for the same reason. If you have sensitivity to heavily perfumed "dated" scents...stay far, far away from this. I was intrigued by the reviews I read that said it had a "banana-strawberry" fragrance - no way. I paid $18. for 18 oz. and it was a waste. I've been using the Hemp Acai Berry body lotion from Sally's and it's incredibly moisturizing and very lightly scented (I tried a few of the other scents and didn't like them). The Hemp Acai Berry is amazing!