October 25, 2014 | 1548 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Moon Drops -- Lilac Champagne

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This lipstick is a cream formula, but seems to wear matte. It looks darker on my lips than in the picture. This is a darker cooler hot pink, and while I am cool toned, it is not that flattering on me, and it only wears for about 2-3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This color is the least bit lilac or champagne in color, but it is an amazing HOT PINK. Great formula because I find that it lasts longer than the Superlustrous ones. No need for a lipliner either. Funky smell though...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one who thought this had a blue tinge to it? I guess so. Maybe it's my skin tone, but this was not flattering on me at all. To make things worse, the formula dries my lips up. Even when they weren't dry to begin with. I love the green case, it is very unique. The color is beautiful, but Ii think this would look better with someone of a lighter skin tone. This color did nothing on me, honest truth. I think is it is too cool toned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Another Revlon Moon Drops lipstick that I absolutely adore. Lilac Champagne is a very close match to MAC's Impassioned, but I actually like Lilac Champagne better because it has just a hint more purple and has amazing staying power, so much better than MAC! As the other reviewers have mentioned, the name doesn't exactly match the color, but the hint of purple in this lipstick could possibly be a part of the lilac color family. I cannot rave enough about Moon Drops because they are superior to any lipsticks I have tried. If you love bold hot pink lipsticks, try Lilac Champagne, Love that Pink, or Persian Melon. I have them all and LOVE them!! The red shades in this line are fabulous as well! The green tube they come in is so unique and the scent reminds me of what lipstick must have smelled like when women in the 50's or 60's wore lipsticks. These have been around that long, so apparently bold colors never go out of style. I'll be wearing bold lipstick no matter how I old I get and I hope these are never discontinued!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

These bright shades are all the rage right now, but you cannot find them anywhere unless you go to a cosmetics counter or order online. Revlon Moon Drops is a hidden gem in the drugstore. They've been around for years... I believe since the 50's or 60's. Every bright shade of hot pink or fire coral is in this line. I don't think the names have changed over the years. There are different shades of lilac, by the way. There are pink and white lilacs, besides purple. These are getting harder to find in most stores, but I've only seen them in drugstores at the bottom of the shelf. They still have the original lipstick scent. Revlon's website has all of the 24 shades listed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this one a whim when I saw Revlon BOGO 1/2 off. I love reds, fuchsias, hot pinks and anything bright so this color seemed right up my alley. In the tube, this color is a hot pink with a tinge of coral. It's much more pink than MUFE #37 and more coral than Milani Rose Hip for reference. My biggest gripe with this lipstick is the old lady smell. It seriously conjures up the image of a musty old apartment that was home to a crazy old woman and her 36 cats. Ok, that is a bit dramatic but I am very sensitive to smells. I suggest that if you are of similar sentiments, you stay far away from this lipstick line. My second gripe is that the color payoff leaves much to be desired. On me, it goes on very sheer and it would require much more layering than I have the time or desire to waste my efforts on in order to reach a color even slightly resembling that in the tube. Although what I wanted was a hot pink, I do sort of like the sheer hot-pinky coral color that it does actually give. It's subtly bright, making it more wearable for day, if I can get past the smell, which I'm not sure I can. My third, more trivial, gripe is the ill-chosen name. It does not share any characteristics with either Lilac or Champagne. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but I usually wear mattes or cream. That being said, I much prefer the excellent and scent-free Super Lustrous line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by rebelgium

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty color & stays on for a long time. I am also confused why they call this Lilac Champagne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I am unsure why they call this color Lilac Champagne. There is no hint of lilac, or any blue in this color that I can detect. If you love pink, a beautiful right on bright pink, this is the color for you. It is a cream base lipstick which means of course, not a hint of frost either, but it still shines very nicely. I am loving the color for a change of pace since I always seem to go for the pinks with a lot of blue & purple in them. This is a darker Barbie pink sort of color. I absolutely love that is has a wonderful fragrance to it. It is not an over the top smell, but very pretty and ladylike. I am such a fan of ladylike fragrances in makeup. I will for sure be back looking at more colors as soon as I get the chance. I do think that for a d/s brand, the price is a bit high, but then most of Revlon's products have become higher in cost as their quality has gotten better. So to me, their new quality is worth paying a little more for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by joners

I have used this for years and just love it! The color is VERY bright, but if this is your thing, you will love it. The color is also very pigmented and lasts quite awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this shade's called "lilac" or even "champagne," for that matter. i loved the color in the tube but was hesitant to buy it because of the suggestions of the name. Glad I went through with it.

This is just a tiny bit too warm-toned for me, but with a pink liner underneath, this become a perfect opaque, outspoken Barbie-doll pink. Exactly what I was looking for. :)