August 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Cream Concealer in soft yellow

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SHOESLAVE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in a 3-in-1 concealer pack which contains the soft yellow correcting concealer, the natural light concealer (a peachy color) and a pink highlighter color. The package label says it's a medium coverage cream formula which I agree with but I think it is also buildable. The three come in their respective color tubes (w/wand applicators) that snap together.
I really liked the yellow concealer which I thought did a pretty good job of covering my deep, dark under-eye circles for a medium cream formula and went on quite smoothly and was easy to blend. It also didn't seem to accent my lines as so many concealers seem to do . I likened it to a lighter-version of Maybelline's Age Rewind yellow corrector (without the annoying twist-sponge applicator) which I thnk is good but I like the lighter yellow color of this corrector even more. Don't know if I like the natural concealer as much, will have to play w/it but I just may use one of my other go to concealers over the yellow. Same w/the highlighter. I would purchase this again and would reccomend (you won't be spending a fortune if u don't like it and that's a good thing!!!).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't comment on everything since there are other reviews covering that :)

Here are my comments:
1. I can't apply this to my undereye area with my finger. It will crease and cake - I have to use a synthetic brush to get an even finish
2. The colour is perfect for my pale, beige undertone skin
3. If you eye waters even a tiny bit, the makeup runs off and leaves a weird streaky finish
4. Sometimes no matter how much I click the pen, more product won't come out
5. All that said, it's a pretty decent concealer for redness. However it doesn't help my purple undereye bags at all. For that I'm going to get a salmon concealer that has more pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by KittyLane2

This concealer goes on nice and thin but wears all day. It gives great coverage and brightens up my eye area. I use it almost as a hilighter more so than a concealer. I gives me a lifted look. Its a shame I cant find it in the stores anymore! It was like lil face lift pen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Not a big fan at all of the package of this product, but I like the brush even though I blend it on with my fingers. I have this in the light, not soft yellow, and it does wonders. I got this at work on clearance for $2, originally $7.99 though. I didn't think it'd be that good since it looked almost watery, but I was wrong. It was perfect in both undereye and spot. Definitely worth trying if you can find it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This concealer does help to conceal undereye circles and blemishes, blends easily and dries fairly quickly. However, I didn't prefer it to other concealers due to the horrendous packaging, and how runny the product is. I won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by cmcgill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The price for this product is OK, and that's about all that I would really say good about it.

The packaging is a little difficult to use. The click pen works OK for me, but I don't like the brush applicator. Too much product stays on the end of the brush for me when I'm done, wasting a lot.

I don't like the texture of the product that much either, either wet or when it's dry. When it's wet, it feels too watery for me. But it also dries too quickly, making it difficult to blend. When it dries, it's really dry. And since my skin is naturally a little dry, it ends up looking a bit chalky. I definitely have to moisturize before putting it on, or I end up looking flaky.

The colour looks natural with my skin tone and covers my dark circles pretty well.

That said, I'll continue using it during the summer until it's gone. But when it comes to a dry winter, I'll need to get a creamier formulation. And I won't buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Well since dark circles are one of my biggest problems (genetics), I'm always on the lookout for a yellow-based concealer to cover them up. I picked this stuff up on a whim one day and while I'm definitely not in love with it, it's alright. What I do is I apply a tiny amount to my circles then put my regular concealer on OVER that....it doesn't even get/look cakey or anything. So while I doubt my circles will ever be 100% concealed, this is working pretty well for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaklvc

After reading all the reviews, I was expecting a lot from this concealer. However, I was fairly disappointed. I didn't see a large different in my dark circles. I much prefer MAC concealer to do the trick.

I didn't think the packaging was too great. I like the click dispenser (as opposed to a twist dispenser) but I don't like the paintbrush part. I just use my own concealer brush once the liquid is dispensed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I got this to cover broken cap. on my cheeks. I love the way it covers them quickly. The pkg s___s though. You have to click the end at least 10 times to get it to come out, then you have to much on the end. After you use what you need, the rest just sits on the brush then it is cakey when you need it nexy. But the coverage is worth it in my book. The application process is haphazared when applying. You dot it on skin, then pat it in. You can't brush it on, you can to apply it to skin, but then you have to rub it in. I have very oily skin, so I like the fact that it is very drying, I mean it makes your skin dry. People with dry skin to begin with cannot use this I think. For me it is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sweet_cake

Packaging: Let me begin by stating that the click-pen idea is the most disastrous thing on the market. First of all, the inner workings don't seem to be responsive enough as it takes like 10 minutes for the concealer to come out after my clicks if it comes out at all. Secondly, the amount is always much more than i need and a lot of it is wasted. I resolve this issue by wiping the liquid onto a doefoot wand of a concealer tube that i have already used up. I then use the doefoot to apply the concealer under my eyes and the click-pen tip to apply the concealer on my blemishes. One more complaint: When the tip dries, it is uncomfortably prickly.

Coverage: The color and consistency is very good. I usually dab a little under my eyes and spread it. It dries fairly quickly so nothing is messy and none of my time is wasted towards waiting for it to dry. I usually apply this under my eyes, then I apply it to blemishes, then i set everything with powder. The coverage is good in that it is controllable. If you have light circles, then apply less. If you have darker circles, then apply a few more layers. It won't completely cover extremely dark circles. And obviously, you can only apply so much until it starts looking unnatural.

Conclusion: The staying power is good. It only clumps near the end of the day when excreted oil builds up. The coverage is nice and it looks natural with powder. The packaging, however, still gets me and if they fix it, it could very well be my HG.