September 21, 2014 | 1983 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Chaotic Molding Putty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I got my hair done into an above-the-shoulder choppy bob, I love it. But I was used to smoothing and keeping my bust-length hair looking healthy. I needed a fiber product to add texture, hold, and volume to my hair especially at the ends. There aren't many products for this, although the ones I found were great and cost around $18 minimum. I almost walked off with a $20 5 oz jar Redken product, which was what my stylist used but I'm supposed to go to jail soon which is why I cut my hair in the first place and I don't know how long that product will stay working (I'm going away for multiple years) and I need the money for commissary not a product I'll barely make a dent in. Anyway, I just happened to notice this. It had that word I was looking for--fiber--and did that flyaway thing. Of course I could tell Redken had the best product (out of that, Short Sexy Hair, Bedhead, American Crew, and got2b) because it could make the thinnest string of product float in the air. This product isn't as amazing but for the $3 pricetag, it's awesome. My hair looks boring and then I use this and shape comes to it and the cutest piecey look. Plus it smells like blueberries! If I wasn't being incarcerated I would have gotten the Redken product. Maybe you don't wanna spend so much money, go with this. got2b's a nice hidden gem of a company. I put that I would buy this again but who the hell knows how many years it would take to finish this thing. You could probably share it with 4 other girls for a year and it wouldn't be close to done.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by LittleLatte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I found this. I like it as well as the $20+ stuff I was buying. At my local grocery it was around $5. I also have a pixie cut (love!) and this gives me some nice lift at the crown, smooth in the back and I good texture in front. I'm on the fence about the scent. I don't hate it, don't love it either. That could be better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Adeline92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This for me works similarly to the Bedhead blue manipulator. It's a fiber gum, so it is that strange glue-ish type product that needs to be used sparingly for the desired effect. I have a Michelle Williams-esque pixie cut and I let myself buy any products I wanted to try when I first got it cut so that I could experiment with styling it. This is great for days when I wake up and my hair is a little frizzy despite my anti-frizz cream, it gives it shinyness, smoothness, some texture, and allows me to push/pull my layers in the right direction. It also keeps my style throughout the day, and I work at Starbucks so that means it is holding up through a lot of steam! Overall I think you are getting a decent product and amount for a very good price.

P.S. how I use it: I skim my finger across the top and rub it through my finger tips and then through my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Hypnose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't remember where I got this from, either the dollar Tree or Big Lots. But it was only like $1. This is horrible horrible stuff. It made my hair crunch & sticky & made it look greasy also it didn't hold any shape. I guess this was made for short hair, not long hair. Because I really found nothing about this that I liked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by onthemove

Chaotic Molding putty is made by Got2be and comes in a silver metal pot. Sadly, it has been discontinued but I have stocked up and can be found reasonably on Ebay. I have been using this one since it was introduced.The market is flooded with so many putty's, pomades and the like but I find this one to be special. It looks like spackle and is light in texture. Emusifying in your hands creates fibre like particles that you work through hair. Now for me this only works sparingly, only when my hair is dry and I do not use it every day. I have fine, textured, short hair and this really gives my hair fullness and volume. However, it is a truly matte product so you may have to forgo shine or have to add with another product. It can be a bit drying and a little goes a long way. This would be suitable as a unisex product and preferably for short hair. I haven't been able to find a product like this so I keep it in stock in my bathroom lol. Thin haired girls and guys should give this one a chance. I just wish this was permanent.