September 21, 2014 | 1684 users online

Mascara - Boots - Ultimate curl

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by sarahlouisejones

tried countless mascaras before and find that 99% of them are useless, and thats usually down to the brush, for me, formulas are pretty much the same

this has an awesome brush! densely packed bristles, very luxurious. a curved brush, i generally use it 'backwards', using the outside curve to coat the lashes and push them upwards more accurately (pro makeup artist tip)

a quick wipe of the tip against the bottle neck and VOILA, perfectly coated, non clumpy lashes. the formula is SO easy going, you can choose whether to wait for the last coat to dry, or not. never any clumps

AND it doesnt cost the best part of 30, but id never spend that much on a mascara, especially since an unfortunate encounter with lancome that actually broke my lashes off

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Glitterpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is actually for the new boots exquisite curl mascara. Holy goodness down this make my lashes fluffy! The first day I wore it my bf was complimenting me on how mice my lashes looked! Curly, fluffy, and oh so feminine I will be stocking up!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

new exquisite curl is much better and does give curl and length although not much volume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a light coverage mascara, that more like makes your eyelashes separated rather than doing anything else. It is black but very sheer, it doesn't give volume and definitely does NOT curl. But if you want a very discrete eyelash look this is the mascara to begin with.
One thing I liked about it, is that it's so fluid that you can actually apply it at the base of the lashes without irritating the eye whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by roodswing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up on clearance for $3.99 at SDM, so I don't know what it normally retails for but I think this was an excellent pick for $3.99. Gives my lashes both curl and length -- although more length than curl!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i got this as a sample, so i can't really comment on the price. although, i believe it costs about $7.99, which is not unusual for drugstore. that being said, i don't normally buy drugstore mascara unless it's discounted or BOGOF... so this is slightly pricier than i'd like.

the first few times i used this, i immensely disliked it, as it did absolutely nothing for my lashes. well, perhaps it made them look even thinner than they already were. but after a few good uses, the formula seemed to have thickened up a bit and now i can see that i have mascara on using 1-2 coats of this alone. i still wouldn't use this alone (looks too natural), but i do use this as a base coat for a volumizing mascara and it works fine for that. i don't really notice a difference in terms of curl (since i do use a eyelash curler)... but at least my lashes don't make nice with gravity and fall flat down.

there's nothing special about this mascara at all and wouldn't put down any money for it. though that being said, i also wouldn't just chuck this in the trash if i ever got another sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by britterp

I only bought this because I found it on clearance at Target for $4. I was looking for a new mascara so I decided to go ahead and try this. I ended up liking it. It's not the worlds greatest mascara and it doesn't give amazing results. But it gives my lashes lots of natural looking length and it doesn't clump. It's nice for a simple day look. It doesn't make my lashes curl and it gives no volume but I'm happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

so i bought this one at target, and i had never tried anything from this brand. there was a boots rep there who told me that this line is a number one seller in the UK. anyway, i decided i'd try out a mascara first, as it's kind of pricey for a drugstore line in my opinion...this mascara is pretty good in that it curls really well, doesn't clump or smudge, and i can see all the action within one swipe of the wand. my only issue with it is that it does not really give me the volume that i get from other mascaras like mac plushlash or maybeline full n' soft. but it does do what it promises to do! i think that i will try more from this line next time i'm in target.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by grumpypiper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably one of my least favorite mascaras I have ever used. I splurge on skincare items but it kills me to spend a lot of money on things like mascara when I can find decent ones for little $ - so spending even close to $10 US for mascara was a big step for me. What a mistake! The first few times I used it, hardly any product came out so I seriously had to reapply like 6 times or so to notice any difference. Okay, no clumping, but this was ridiculous. Since I bought it at Target and they don't take used makeup back, I gave it a fair try. I found that I liked the mascara better after it started drying out a little and got thicker (?) At least I didn't have to keep reapplying to notice a difference! I have naturally long lashes that don't like to hold a curl and this mascara didn't really help. IMO, if you want to try more expensive mascaras, get them from places like Sephora that have a great return policy. Even if you shelled out, say $25 for mascara and found you didn't like it, you could get your money back. But I can't even get back the almost-$10 I spent on this mascara because I bought it from a retailer that isn't the most makeup-return-policy friendly. Sigh. It's my own fault. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara!

It goes on very nicely; no flakes, clumps or smudging. It also removes very easily without a lot of rubbing. It actually DID curl my lashes. I would definitely purchase this again. The price is great as well.