September 1, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Couleurs Eye Shadow - Blue Croisette 130

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of all my Dior quints, this is the second I review because it is utter garbage! This may look pretty in the pan, but is in fact a big, chalky mess.

The colours go on sheer, as is to be expected from Dior Pastels, and barely show in my fair-medium skin but I thought as much so no big disappointment here. The only ones showing more on my skin were the middle green and the lower left blue. What I did not expect was the dry chalk that I got on my brush. I tried MAC 217, 239 and 242 (all dry) and had no luck with any.

Once on my lid they were no better. Did I say dry, chalky mess? I sure did and I will say it again: even on my lids they were a big, dry, chalky mess. I used TFSI and I got some dust to adhere to my lid but really, I would not expect this thing to cling on a bare/traditionally primed lid.
I also had dust all over my cheeks from application.

Bottom line: do not buy this. I do not know if it is still available, I found mine in a small outlet store along with past collections' items and bought it just to add to my collection. Too bad there is no return policy in Greece...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Goes on too sheer. I love the colors in the palette, though. This is a pretty palette. I didn't think it was worth the price, however.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by exah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really loves how this looked in the box, but the colors apply extremely sheer. I found that if I apply them wet, I can get a better consistency and color to show up. When dry, the pale yellow works well as a face hilighter. Both pale blues are very pretty but still too sheer to repurchase. I realize that other quads are not as sheer, so I will be buying this in other colors later on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by postpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely set of blue eyeshadows: Shimmery Medium Blue w/ Purple Highlight, Teal Blue, Medium Blue, Teal-ish Blue w/ Gold (middle) and a Shimmery Icy White (click here to see a picture: blue croisette). The shadows are very soft and easy to blend as expected with Dior quints. However, I gave an overall rating because in comparison to my other quints, this one is not comparable to higher quality ones like Secret Charm or Stylish Move. Each can be used as a wash, but I prefer to use this in conjunction with a darker eyeshadow used along the lashline and the outer v as displayed in the following pictures.

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by fluffylamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So very beautiful in the box itself & when I swiped it on my hand at the store. But when I got home and tried it on my eyes, no color payoff at all. All the colors looked like just a very pale white even with several layers...even tried it with their sponge brushes which usually pick up more color than MU brushes. Same thing. Unimpressive. It's going back to the store.

I'm normally not a person who wears bold or extremely obvious makeup either, and even this palette didn't impress me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is selection of five, iridescent shadows in:
very pale lavender
pale yellow
pale blue
pale aqua
pale green

if you are a fan of iridescent, this pan is for you. the colors need to be used with darker, less frosty tones, but the colors are lovely and the quality excellent. reminds me of mermaids, had to buy if for that reason alone ; )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No