Paula's Choice Healthy Finish spf15 powder

3.7

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7%, Zinc Oxide 8%. Other Ingredients: Talc (absorbent), Squalane (emollient), Octyldodecyl Myristate (emollient/binder), Magnesium Carbonate (absorbent mineral), Octyldodecanol (binding agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Hydrogenated Lecithin (emollient), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (antioxidants), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea (preservatives).

on 4/22/2015 12:54:00 PM

I use this as a foundation powder. I use Flaxen when I self tan and Neutral when I'm in between self tanning. I use this in conjunction with her Resist tinted sunscreen and get fairly descent coverage --- light medium to medium, which is all I need. I've been using Paula's skin care going on 14 years now and I've never looked better in the face, neck and chest area. In the summer I get about 8 hours of wear before it starts to fade. In the winter, more like 12 hours. I don't tend to recommend this powder because A. Women tend to like really heavy coverage even though I think less is more and B. It's pricey and doesn't even come with a sponge or applicator, therefore, it gets depotted and placed into my Trish Mcevoy planner which I've had for many years --- God bless Trish Mcevoy.

on 7/25/2014 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This has broad spectrum sunscreen and is a nice addition but should not be your sole use of sun protection. Like the ' Resist' powder some areas of the powder harden but it is not as bad as the other powder they sell. In addition to sunscreen this also has some antioxidants and skin identicle ingredients. Unfortanutely they do not sell any puff or brush with this they explain that it's not a good way to apply makeup but I would have appreciated one personally. The shading is off the lightest color is too light for my nw13 skin color and they don't have many colors for dark skin.

on 1/15/2014 12:29:00 PM

This is a very good pressed powder with sunscreen, something that's hard to find.It's not completely matte ,it has a bit of a sheen which I like.Probably the sunscreen as this has quite a high percentage of both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.I'm trying to steer away from the matte look that I craved when I was younger.This sets foundation fine,it's not in the least chalky or drying. It's good alone over moisturiser, as good as some powder foundations.It's not classed as a foundation but it does the job.I wouldn't rely on this as my only source of sunscreen but it's great for topping up the spf during the day on top of foundation or over an spf moisturiser.I have this in buff beige which is the palest shade and I'm not that pale NW15 -20, so if you're really pale you probably won't be able to use this.As with all PC products this is fragrance and irritant free.I've used this for years and will continue to do so. Excellent product.

on 12/8/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just an ok product for me. The powder has a somewhat shiny quality due to the zinc oxide and it definitely looks and feels heavier than other translucent powders. Maybe worth it if you really want the spf but too heavy for my liking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this pressed powder with high hopes. I wanted a powder with spf and that keep my oily skin matte. This had the spf, but is not as matte as I expected. The colors are very neutral and never look chalky. I like to use a puff for touch ups and this compact does not have room for one. Inconvenient.

on 5/25/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I use the "Healthy Tan" color as my bronzer and really like it. The color is believable and does not make my oily skin greasier. You should definitely give it a try.

on 5/22/2012 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I only wouldn't buy this again because there are so many amazing powders on the market and I like trying a lot :) This is one of them (an amazing one) as it doesn't look cakey or feel heavy but still sets foundation beautifully. It only gets 1 lippie off 5 because the color selection is quite lack-lustre and is more on the pink-toned side. I have the 'darkest' available, 'flaxen' (well available at the time) and i could probably go a shade darker and more yellow toned, but it still works if I use the right foundation. Have had it for a little while now and have still not hit pan, so it's good value but expensive. I prefer the loose powder which is now discontinued I think. Good product, but there are probably better ones out there that are cheaper.

on 7/20/2009 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

good basic powder. bought it because it has sunscreen in it and by the end of the day, what you put on before work has likely worn down. only issue is, you can't reapply this with abandon throughout the day because the sunscreen in it gives off a shiny appearance after awhile.

on 7/3/2009 9:30:00 PM

Wow, first of all i really like the sleek black packaging and the powder is very smooth and silky! I light/medium skin tone with some olive and yellow accents and the neutral shade fits :) I love the fact that there is sunscreen in here so i can touch up on that during the day. The coverage is light to medium range so dont buy this and expect to give you full coverage!

This is the only makeup product I have purchased from Paula and i am happy

on 7/3/2009 8:34:00 PM

Great powder. It's always with me. It leaves a natural finish. It's matte and it has SPF. I really love it. I can see why some people might have complaints with it when it comes to color range - I was very fortunate enough that natural was the right shade for me..I REALLY LIKE this A LOT! I can't say if this is my HG of press powders - but it is definitely high on my list - great product, excellent quality!