September 23, 2014 | 1749 users online

Liquid - By Terry - Teint Delectation Plumping Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful foundation. For those who love GA Maestro you will probably like this one (it was available before Maestro). Personally I prefer this to Maestro as it gives more coverage and sits better on my dry skin. Lightweight, looks like you have no makeup on, just beautiful skin. Seriously, the pigments blends seamlessly with your skin. Stays all day also during summertime, just need a bit of powder in the T-zone. The claims for plumping - not so sure I see anything to support these claims, however it is a lovely foundadtion. I use Vanilla Peach, #5 and it matches perfectly during summertime (NC30iesh). I would not repurchase at full price just because it is so expensive (I got it at half off on the By Terry site during their semi annual sale).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

Yes, I love it. And yes, I detest the hefty price tag - I keep secretly hoping a drugstore brand will come up with a knock-out dupe and sweep me off my feet.. one can hope, right? This is an outstanding foundation (I use Bobbi Brown 3, which I sometimes find a tad too yellow, and I have this one in 5, which makes me look like a happy healthy female who has great skin and will live to be 110). Yes, this is how it makes me feel. As the only other option to this feeling would be drugs, I have convinced myself that the price tag is actually not that bad..Me, the eternal optimist! This is a plumping, silky, melt-into-your-skin foundation that is a treat to aging skin. Get a sample, take it home and enjoy. Not too many shades available though.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE I, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!! I can't begin to describe how amazing this foundation is! Well worth the $154 AUD price tag!!! The feeling as it goes on is just surreal and it lasted all day for me with just a light setting of siseido loose powder. It didn't emphasise any of my flaws (open pores etc.) and made me look radient as ever!!! I have it in number 3 which looked really dark in the bottle for my pale olive skin (NC15), but amazingly when i applied it, after about 10min it settled to my exact colour.. Smell is lovely and everything else i find perfect (finish, texture, lasting power). I originally bought this as a celebratory thing (just got a promotion at work) and my first use of it was for a family photo shoot :) The foundation made me look airbrushed and AMAZING. I would buy another bottle in a heart beat!!! Maybe not a foundation I would wear everyday because of the price tag. But definitely a treat that will be staying in my makeup collection!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by laineypie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I was using an organic foundation which was my HG because my skin would look amazing after a long day of wearing it and it didn't make me break out. However, my cousin oversees (in France) gave me this foundation, she knows a lot more about international brands, european and asian, than I do.

It's buttery texture melts right into your skin and looks like the flawlessness is your naked skin. Also so far I'm not having the itchy burning feeling on my skin which means that acne is emerging, the feeling I get with almost all artificial, less or non organic/natural foundations.

With my old organic HG I had my mother telling me I was wearing too much makeup, but with By Terry, I just have near flawless skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by 0037sammie

This was a bit of a spur of the moment purchase for me- I had walked in to buy Jemma Kidd light as air, and ended up walking out with this! The foundation itself is 30ml of awesomeness bottled- it smooths, refines and erases blemishes in a way that other foundations can't (nars sheer glow, mac studio sculpt, the aforementioned Jemma Kidd...) The shade #7 I bought has yellow undertones (and while a little browner looking initially, blends beautifully and looks more natural as opposed to giving off a yellow or orange  cast.)  I balked a little at the price, but with this no primer is needed and concealer is optional. Optional! With skin that has acne! And if you consider all the foundations you purchase to find one halfway decent, the price is not so unreasonable if you have the money to splash. Whether the spiel I got regarding it's use on models at photoshoots and on the catwalk was true or not, I don't know- what I *do* know is this- it works, and it works well. Below is a comparison of how this foundation measures up to others I've used in the past:

Nars sheer glow (Barcelona):  Liquidy consistency with a peachy yellow undertone. While both have a natural looking coverage and blend easily, the BT one managed to cover more while  looking as (if not more) 'naturally flawless'.

YSL perfect touch (#8): has a light fluidly texture which is a plus, but illuminates and reflects more than covers and conceals. Has pink undertones which compared with the By Terry, look less natural.  The BT also covers more while retaining the lightening and brightening side of things.

JK light as air (#5): less coverage than the BT- could still see blemishes under the same amount of makeup- faded patchy and uneven on my combination skin, and when I stepped into daylight to compare the two this was ORANGE. The colour range in this line is awful, #4 being too light and the jump up from there exponential.

Mac studio sculpt (NC35): far too yellow and caked on looking, has the grand title of somehow accentuating the bemishes it was meant to hide. Easily rubbed off against clothes and people- does not last more than 3 hrs on me. Probably due to the rubbing off thing. Not really much of a comparison.

Vichy dermablend (35, Sand): too greasy, looks and feels heavy even when used in small areas like individual spots. Like the YSL, has pink undertones.

So that was the long and not so much short of it. Hope it was somewhat helpful <3

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by foxforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation sits dewy, it does not absorb and I feel like the coverage is medium. It may cause breakouts due to its ingredients, glycerin, silicone etc.. I did not buy it after reading the ingredients. I felt like all the ingredients I wanted it for were too far down the list, followed by loads of parabens.
I feel like I could get the same results from other foundations on the market that don't have as many worrying ingredients high up on the list.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to have to disagree with others about this product, but it's very disappointing for me. I tried it once, about a year ago, in honey apricot and found it to be too orange for me. Not one to give up so easily, I purchased the golden praline, thinking I would appreciate it with the right color. So the golden praline does match well, but there are several things about this foundation that keep it from being HG for me-- it simply doesn't do what it says it does! There's no line plumping going on here. In fact, the shiny texture only accentuates my fine lines and makes my face look greasy (which is not the look I'm going for). The coverage is more medium than sheer, and even though the undertone is warm, it is not concealing my pink cheeks at all. Spend your money on something else and don't buy into the "plumping" claims.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in honey apricot and am on my second bottle after first buying it for my wedding. I expect I'll be buying a third soon.

I've been through all sorts of foundations: mineral (too drying), various Chanels (feels very chemical, sometimes drying), Chantecaille (not hydrating enough), Armani.. can't even remember. This one offers lasting light to midweight coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines - and I think there really is something to it's 'plumping' claims as it doesn't draw attention to the dryness of my skin. Like most By Terry products it feels utterly luxurious and her use of fragrance, while I'd prefer less of it, doesn't irritate me.

The only thing is, occassionally I need slightly more coverage that this foundation can offer - and I expect this may be more of an issue in years to come. While it is buildable, it will not provide full coverage if that's what you're after.

Unsurprisingly for anything from By Terry, it is criminally expensive. Nonetheless, it's always the last on my list of things to give up when times are lean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Its mostly curiosity that drove me to this product. It retails for Cad$108 at Holt, make sure you phone & talk to the SA first before you go, its such a small counter & the SA may not be there while other brands' SA have absolutely no knowledge about this line will spoil your shopping pleasure.
The light in the store is so poor, high ceiling with orangy lighting does not help with the colour selection. Initially I got Golden Praline #4 for my NC 35 (summer) skin. However, upon testing it at home, it is too pale. I am not sure if this colour will suit me in winter (NC 30). I exchanged it for Peach Vanilla #5, this time it works out much better, this foundation is the sheerest amongst my stash. If you don't have a lot of issues, congratz, the finish is dewy, no shimmer/glitter, almost have a somewhat tightening effect that made me feel so "together". Even with a second application on the melasma area does not do much compared with other foundations. Surprisingly, this fdn does not oxidize after 6 hours of wearing in a warm summer day (in 4 different occasions) this is such a surprise b/c almost every fdn does darken/orangy on me as men's skin is more acidic than women.
I am not sure if this product will suit people with oily skin as I found it quite moisturizing for my dry skin. I have yet to test it out when the weather gets colder & drier.
I may give in & re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by fleurage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product and worth the money, although insanely expensive. My face is glowing(in a good way), skin is even and perfectly moistirized, just loving it! Will definately buy again.