October 25, 2014 | 1520 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Everyday Glow Sundial Self-Tanning Moisturizer for Lighter Skintones

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This turned my skin ORANGE.

No, not just an "orangey bronze"

PURE ORANGE.
CARROT ORANGE.

I put it on the like lightest shade, and it made my legs orange. Took a week for it to go away.

Do not buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by svetlana89

I love self-tanning moisturizers. On the first application I felt my skin very moisturized and glowing. It dries pretty quickly in a matter of minutes. So far, no streaking and no orange. I like that it mixes self-tanner with a priming moisturizer. Not sure how adjustable the color really is, but if you want TAN, and fast, this is a great buy!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by lissangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a slew of self tanners last summer after I got a particularly bad sunburn on my legs (the hardest part of my body to tan). The "gradual" lotions I bought before this stuff just weren't cutting it. I didn't use it much last year but picked it up a few days ago and decided to be diligent with it. So I used it for three days and I must say WOW. I see a significant color change! And it's not orange at all! (I'm using it on the darkest setting in the "optimal range", BTW.) I did have a few darker spots around my knees and my sister said to lay off my feet because they looked a little too fake. But it doesn't look /horrible/. I'll probably back off the color for a few days and use my Olay Touch of Sun in its place and maybe apply the Banana Boat every couple of days.

It doesn't smell fantastic but I wouldn't say it reeks, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by squishylakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was lucky enough to get this item for free and i must say that after using it i would be more than happy to pay money for this! its been 2 days after i first applied it and the staying power is pretty good. the tan showed up in about 2-3 hours and there are no streaks at all (provided you apply in a circular even motion). if you guys just want to be a tad darker than this product is for you and if you like you can work your tan darker and darker by applying the same shade everyday. some girls have complained about the smell but its not that bad compared to other self tanners..i actually dont mind it at all. i think the only con is that it takes a while to dry but i dont mind being pantless in my room for about 15-30 minutes =P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Sundial formulated for darker skin tones (I figured I would put my review in here, since it's pretty much the same product!)
I bought this last week on a whim at CVS. I have really cut down on indoor tanning lately and want to be safer with my skin. I found this for $12 and decided to get it because it was the only sunless tanner I could find there that didn't look crappy and was one of the ones I hadn't tried. I believe I have tried most ST's out there and I have used this twice in the past few days and I must say that Sundial is a pretty decent ST.
The smell is going to be horrendous, it has DHA in it and anything with DHA stinks horribly. I have used this twice (in conjunction with one tanning bed session) and I have a very lovely, deep brown color. This color is natural to what I would get from the sun or tanning bed. Maybe a tad bit orange, but nothing too crazy. I haven't noticed any streaks and find it easy to apply, especially if I apply in small circles and really take my time. In doing a good job of application, it usually takes me about 15 minutes to do my entire body, because I'm really picking about streaks. So far, no streaks. Just one small nasty spot on my foot, but nothing that rubbing alcohol won't fix.
I also find the staying power of this ST pretty decent. It fades off naturally and not patchy at all. My only complaint (besides the yuck smell) is that it's greasy on me. It takes it a while to dry on me and I ended up staining one of my shirts today even after waiting 10 minutes to put my clothes on. Oh well!
I like how you can customize how much self-tanner you want to come out. All in all, I'm taking off a lippie for the smell and how long it takes to dry. I would repurchase after running out, because I do like this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sophie_sheridan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I'm hooked. I like the adjustable amount feature, so I never put on too much. It gives me a nice golden glow without streaking or being overdone. Plus, it doesn't dry my skin either. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a tall skinny bottle with a click top applicator where you can adjust how much moisturizing lotion you want to mix with the self-tanner. This was fairly expensive for only two uses :( The price ranges from $10-$13 a bottle. I didn't use the moisturizer side so I clicked it all the way to the end just to get the self-tanner. In fact you don't even really need the moisturizer side as the self-tanner is creamy and moisturizing enough, it is a lotion! =/ So, for what you pay for you only get half the product 3 oz! This smells HORRID! :( I couldn't stand the smell so I had to wash it off after 2-3 hours. I saw only any a slight color difference :( and then it steaked on my leg where I was was sweating (I applied it on a hot summer day). At least it wasn't orange and it did last for a few days so I gave 3 lippies. The second time I tried it I didn't see any difference in color.