October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Pink Grapefruit Puree Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the pink grapefruit range but this... The texture was just too light and it was not for me. Prefer the body butter moisture wise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

This lotion/puree is absolutley amazing... I am not sure how good of a job it does at moisturizing your skin, because I use it on top of a shea butter lotion i use every night and day, but it smells WONDERFUL. Its called a puree for a reason, everytime you put it on it feels and smells like you cut up chunks of grapefruit and smothered them all over your body. There is no other smells of chemicals or additives- it smells exactly like fruit, nothing more nothing less. I also love that there products are as natural as they come, and they do not test on animals... you would be shocked if you really knew how many companies do actually test on animals. Smells amazing, all natural with no added chemicals and no testing on animals? its a win win... however you do pay the price as their products are not cheap. They have several sales through out the year- usually in Nov and Dec that help a little with the prices. I will pay the money for this product though... its well worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The smell is fantastic. I was scared to try another puree lotion after my disastrous experience with the satsuma one. But this is a whole other story. It smells natural and fresh, doesn't smell like a bunch of chemicals at all.
It doesn't do a lot of moisturizing but it sinks in fast and doesn't leave a greasy sticky layer behind for me.
The pump bottle is very convenient (given that I don't like to dip my fingers into a jar), it probably will be less convenient once the lotion is running out, I doubt you can get it all out using the pump.
All in all, it's VERY expensive for what it is and I would buy it again but only on a sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this because I like the smell of grapefruit, it's a pretty colour and the idea of a puree interested me. This stuff smells too strong, doesn't absorb but just sticks to your skin and then disappears. The smell doesn't seem to linger too long either, so I don't know where it goes. It's so sticky when you put it on that you have to wash your hands to get it off. Would not re-buy. I bought the puree lotion in papaya too, hopefully it's better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by thedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got an 8.4 oz bottle of this as a freebie from the optometrist with my contact lens (they are forever giving away free stuff)...the best things about this product are its refreshing citrusy scent and the packaging - the transparent bottle means you see exactly how much lotion is left, and the pump format makes the stuff easy to get at.

On its own it is not very moisturing, and the scent disappears very quickly. I do like that it leaves no trace of greasiness, though, and that's a very big plus. I put this on my legs after using a hair removal gel cream (Veet Rasera). I don't feel that the Grapefruit Puree lotion actually sinks into my skin, but the Veet cream is moisturising enough, and I apply this just to make doubly sure my legs are getting enough hydration.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NIce for summer! Pink Grapefruit Puree Body Lotion is a lightweight gel-lotion that sinks in quickly and leaves skin feeling clean and non-sticky. The label recommends the Puree line for those with normal skin and I agree - this doesn't do a whole lot for moisturization. Get it if your skin can get along fine without moisturizer but you still wear it because it makes your feel prettier. On a scale of 1 - 10, this lotion is about a 3 for hydration. I notice my skin is softer and it doesn't feel coated or greasy. Again, perfect for normal skin in the summertime. The scent is juicy and bright going on but it'll fade away to a trace in about 30 minutes. I like this because I enjoy the scent but I would rather not walk around smelling of pink grapefruit, so the bit of refreshing scent post shower is enough for me. FYI: the Puree line includes Satsuma and Strawberry.
continued >>