October 25, 2014 | 767 users online

Fragrances - Michael Kors - Michael Kors

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Zissou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite scent in the world.
I usually go for vanilla, sandalwood, musk, gourmand scents- never florals until I smelled Michael.
I remember distinctly over a century ago when I was in 8th grade- smelling this in a magazine and becoming obsessed immediately. I kept the paper ad forever, smelling it constantly until I received a bottle for Christmas.
My mother HATES the smell of this because I practically bathed in it for years, and you need to use a light hand with this one. It's potent and lasts all day, through showers sometimes.
It's heady, warm, comforting, intoxicating almost. "creamy floral" is a spot on description. On my skin it turns just a bit soapy but it works for me.
There is no in between, you will either love or hate this.
I feel special wearing it, as I've never smelled it on anyone else before, until...
This past weekend I saw my brothers gf rolling the parfume on her wrists. And she told me her and her sister both have worn it forever. I got a little too excited haha.
I went to repurchase a bottle yesterday and the lady at the counter told me it reminds her of Miami bc a nice hotel there sprays their entire downstairs with it! I though that was so cool, and this perfume is obviously a very special scent for some people.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by goldisnotenough

It took me a while to warm up to this perfume because I usually go for the more sweet gourmand scents. It starts off very strong and at first the punch of tuberose was intimidating. However, the dry down is sensational and the lasting power of this fragrance is one of the best. It's a happy scent and I constantly get comments on how uplifting my fragrance is. The creamy floral notes mix perfectly with the cashmere like base creating a really confident signature scent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Strong tuberose, sweet yellow florals, soap, and a hint of powder and coconut. Its beachy but in a tropical flower way (no citrus fruits or aquatics). A little artificial and tickles my nose sometimes at first but its pretty well blended and after after an hour or so it settles the skin smoothly. I like it for summer. Someone used to modern citrus and berry perfumes might think "overpowering" but its just the first few minutes, it does relax after that into an average silage and lasting power (4 - 5 hours on me).

I like the simple modern bottle design and the spray coming out the top means its always ready for a quick spritz with no cap to bother with or loose when I'm in a hurry.

Similar scents. I think Michael Kors is the more modern, watered down version of the cheap yet lovely Elizabeth Arden "White Shoulders". Which is based on tuberose and gardenia but has a more complex and "old-fashioned" formula (this could be a plus or a minus, depends on your point of view), as well as being longer lasting. Its also very similar to Estee Lauder "Beautiful", another tuberose-based rich floral, which I like on others but turns putrid on me and brings my skin out in an allergic red rash so I have to skip that one. If you like tuberose then you might like to try a Gardenia-based scent, one is Elizabeth Arden "Gardenia". Don't bother with Michael Kors "Very Hollywood" though, as its watery and overpriced, and doesn't last more than an hour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Fragrance is always a very personal thing. But this one I think I hate the most. An SA was raving about this scent while I was looking for something new and getting samples. I figured I would not like it because I'm not a fan of Michael Kors make-up and the majority of the clothing in general. I found this waaay too strong for my liking (and this is coming from someone who's mother wore the dreadfully potent Amarige!). Very cloying, intense, reminds me of hairspray for some reason. I tried this on in the store and received a small sample, did some shopping and when my husband came to meet me for lunch, he did not even want to stand near me because he said it was too much for him (this is an hour or so after spraying). I think I just hate tuberose scents, none have ever worked out for me.

Even after showering in hot water with lots of soap, I swear I could smell this on my wrist. Ugh. I had a headache that entire night, and will probably never try another MK fragrance ever again. Completely turned off after this one. I guess the good thing is the lasting power. Even soap couldn't cut through this.

Make sure you sample this one before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

This is one of my favorite perfumes. I am not the expert on perfumes, I know more about makeup and hair, but I am very picky when it comes to perfume. My mom is a true perfume connoisseur and so introduced me to houses I generally love like Frederick Malle, Caron, etc. most of the department store lines I really hate(most Armani, everything Juicy Couture comes out with, Prada Candy, See By Chloe, you get the idea) except for the classic Chanel scents, and Michael Kors. I discovered MK last year when I went on a Sephora shopping spree. I thought it would be nice to get a new fragrance to go with all my new makeup, and saw they had a little gift set with 2 small bottles of this that was a really good deal. I smelled it, liked it, grabbed it without much thought. It wasn't till later that I realized how many designer fragrances I truly hate. Now it seems ridiculously unlikely that I happened to just love the first thing I grabbed. It suits me well I like florals the best and it is an elegant, sophisticated floral. I'm sure other reviewers here have done a better job describing it than I ever could. But it's wonderful. Very good to excellent staying power as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from with my latest Sephora order. Oh....it is truly awful. Eau d Cat Pi$$. Washed and scrubbed off my wrists immediately. Will be given to my oldest granddaughter if she is brave enough to try it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved this the first time I smelled it. After a month of wearing it... I'm kind of over it to be honest. It's fresh, clean and modern. But as other reviewers had said the tuberrose is overpowering. I will finish this off, but don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite. Very pretty tropical floral smell..and sometimes I smell bananas or coconuts..idk. It's strong so I just do half a spritz in the bottom layer of my hair, near the nape of my neck. If I can smell it on myself I know I went way overboard. The bottle is ugly and hard to use but that won't stop me from buying more lol. I instantly feel happier and prettier when I wear this...& that's the point right?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Very coconutty intense tuberose. Powerhouse sillage and lasting power. But it makes me think of powerdressing. So it's a definite no.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sarah4250

If you like tuberose, this is for you. Apparently I like it but not enough to buy it. I also got a plastic type smell in this so would not purchase.