December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Mascara - Boots - No7 Stay Perfect Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First things first, I want to make it clear that this mascara has been reformulated. It now comes in a gold tube. I uploaded a picture to give you all a better idea of what to look for & what the brush looks like now.

I never tried the old formulation. But I'm looking at reviews and not a single person is mentioning warm water to remove this. Boots No 7 Stay Perfect (in the gold tube) is now a tubing mascara! So if you do by chance buy this, do not be a moron like one reviewer on Target's website was - use warm water to remove the tubes off your lashes (vs MU remover...).

Typically I stay far away from drugstore priced mascaras. All the 'waterproof' ones smudged on me as my pizzaface's oil remove them & caused them to smear on my lower lids. The closest I got to a decent waterproof mascara was actually Loreal's INTENZA Butterfly waterproof mascara.

I honestly didn't care for mascara until I found tubing formulas. After a god awful experience with Loreal's Double Extend mascara, I swore to never try a drugstore tubing mascara again. Besides, that was basically the only tubing mascara on the drugstore market back then.

So I tried many of the tubing mascaras Sephora & Nordstroms offer. Becca, Clinique, Too Faced... Blinc was definitely my favorite. I favor Blinc's original formula over their "Amplified" version. Either way, they're both $26 & well worth the price. I'll gladly pay that to not have raccoon eyes.

Moving forward, recently (as I write this review) a fellow MUAer mentioned to me that Boots had a Blinc knock off. I was very intrigued, yet didn't expect much. I bought it & was beyond pleasantly surprised. I actually like this better than Blinc!

I do not notice much difference in terms of formula. Both are rather wet for tubing mascaras, but that gives you more of an opportunity to separate the lashes before it sets. However the one thing that gives Boots an edge on its competition is the brush. If you look at the pic (the one with the gold tube...) you'll see it has a very small sturdy brush. This makes getting EVERY lash very simple. Even on your bottom lash line. You can do one coat for a natural look, and two - three for a dramatic falsies look.

I will repurchase, along with recommend this mascara to everyone out there that as issues with mascaras smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mdd123082

I'm sad to see so many iffy reviews of this product, as I actually really like it! I get less fall out and clumpy, spider eyes with this mascara, and it stays in place nicely throughout the day. As well, I feel it doesn't rip my eyelashes out when I wash my face and take it off. No major residue left and no runs when washing, just comes off nicely. The price is also affordable at Target. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Ella2228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible mascara. I hate it. After one coat my (usually long) lashes were clumped, short and stumpy-looking. It honestly looked like I had about four lashes altogether. I didn't like the 'tubing' formula at all, and the brush was too small and did nothing to improve the look of my lashes. It dried really hard and did not hold a curl. Removing it was tedious, with warm water it took about 5 minutes to remove, and came off in flakes. Packaging was ok, nice gold colour, but to the touch it felt plasticky and cheap. For the price I was expecting a great mascara providing volume and length, which this mascara didn't at all. Overall very disappointed...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i find no.7 make up products overrated.

i do find the packaging more luxurious, but in terms of quality, i see no real difference between Boots No.7 and Boots Natural Collection, which I'll have you know is far cheaper (and better!)

Mascara wasn't great and i didn't like the brush as it made lashes clump together.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I bought this when it was on sale, I think half off. I figure I won't loose much money if it doesn't work out since I want to have a smudge proof mascara. On the description, it says smudge proof. Upon wearing the mascara, the it started to smudges after about a couple of hours and continues to do so little by little, so I guess it's not really smudge proof, I may have to wear this with a primer under to see if it works better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sallyb123456

does not smudge, its waterproof, takes alittle more effort to remove at the end of the day.

thickens lengthens curls separates lashes but only at an average level

pretty reasonable mascara but for its price its not worth it. I find maybelline are doing some slightly better ones only cheaper!

Very good staying power!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by susie03

My favourite mascara and that includes far more expensive ones that I've tried in the past. It is a natural look but lengthens, glosses and thickens enough for me - I'm not keen on the false eyelash look.
What I really love about this mascara is that it stays on all day without smudging yet can easily be removed in the evening.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 8:44:00 AM More reviews by mchaplin

Well, I wanted to like this as I like other No. 7 products and find the price/quality to be very good value. I hated it. It made my eyelashes darker as any other mascara would, but that's about the best I can say for it. I found that it could clump easily if you weren't careful and if you were thus being careful, it didn't look like you had an mascara on at all. No volume, no curl. Blah. Disappointed and still searching...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by bangton

I really like this mascara. It definately stays put all day with no flaking which I love and it removes so easily. I had to use a few coats to create some length as I like dramatic lashes but the product never made any claims to lengthen so I think the fact a few coats did create the look I wanted was great. I would def by again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Dee2007

It's fine but the way it drys out it so annoying and I have never used another mascara that does this. The brush actually gets caught in my eyelashes! So no, won't be buying again. It's fine for the first couple of weeks but thats pretty much it.