July 26, 2014 | 1463 users online

Lip Treatments - Yves Saint Laurent - Exfoliating lip balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I really enjoy this product. It is the only lip scrub i've ever owned, but the only one i'll ever need. It uses strawberry seeds and sugar (i think) as the exfoliating agents and has a very emollient formula. the scent is amazing and smells like peppermint. I use it twice a week and apply on my lips for a minute or so and leave on for 5 minutes. What this does is moisturise your lips so that when you remove the scrub, your lips are smooth as! I also like to apply my estee lauder lip balm to lock in the benefits. such a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this product with a 70 percent discount, so it really didn't cost me a lot, about 12 euro's.
So I couldn't resist taking it home with me!

I used to have quite dry and chappy lips, especially in wintertime I sometimes had to cop a feel just to make sure they are still there...Horrible.

Since I have been using more moisturizing lipsticks it has approved a lot, good to take in account.

It comes in a cute tube with the signature golden cap, and it is a very girly pink colour. The packaging recommends two types of use: the first by rubbing it gently on your lips and to wipe it off with a tissue.
Or you can leave it on longer and then wipe it off.

I actually rinse it off, since I use this product right before I take a shower. It is gentle on the lips, and leaves a very moisturized layer on your lips, it really is a balm and not just an exfoliator.

The smell is really peppermint-y and feels really tingly and cooling on the lips.

I really like these kind of luxury products to pamper myself from time to time, but I don't consider this to be a must-have.

My lips do look great and I really see a nice effect and improvement (especially when I apply my lipstick afterwards.) But the scrubbing beads dissapear rather quickly so I don't think it is the solution for very dry chappy lips. Maybe if you use it regularly, a big plus is that it is very gentle and moisturizing so you won''t damage your lips and it isn't painful at all (and ladies who do have really dry lips know what I am talking about.)

I have only used it three times, and since it is summer I can't really tell what the effects are in winter. I will place an update after I used this for a month!

So, to sum it all up. Nice fun luxury product, but not really a necessity. I agree with the other reviewers that you can find a cheaper alternative.
But I like to splurge on these products and it does look nice on my vanity.

Will I buy it again? I don't think so. It is a nice and fun product to have, but if you consider the price it is really expensive. If I ever see it on sale again, I may buy it, but no way I will be spending the normal retail price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by TheCat7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is basically a scrub for your lips, and wow! It is good!
The product comes in a small tube and is very easy to handle. It is light pink, and has a taste of strawberries and peppermint (as well as a scent of those things).
The actual scrubbing corns are sugar and strawberry seeds, which scrub your lips gentle as you rub it on, but without irritating the sensitive skin on the lips.
After rubbing and leaving the product on for about five minutes, you simply rinse the scrub off with lukewawrm water. Your lips will feel super soft, moisturized and nourished, as well as a tiny bit pinker than before. I like applying a good lip balm afterwards.
So overall, this is in my opinion the best lip scrub, your lips will be amazingly refreshed and soft after this treatment, try doing it once or twice a week!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Akashka

I bought this product ... becausei had never bought an exoliation lip treament ever before. I must say I was nicely suprised !

The product is soft, it worked great o my lips, it smooths them and they look radiant afterwards ! The balm smells of mint/strawberry somewhat, i's refreshing and yummy at the same time cause it doesn't smell TOO chemical at all. The exfoliating beads look like strawberry seeds and sugar mixed with a rich gloss. I was very pleased !

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Hasmik19

What a disappointing product. It has not helped my lips to stay soft and smooth at all. In fact, now that I wear lipstick,my lips look more chappy! Basically, this scrub doesn't smoothly take away dead skin.

I recently went up to a make up artist and told her that by using this on my lips I have gotten worse results . She asked me if the beads are smooth and spherical (that's what is best) ...i came to double check and certainly this wasn't the case with this exfoliator. It's just sugar basically in this expensive tube...all raggedy and uneven. you can D.Y.I or buy a cheaper MAC or Laura Geller lip strip (which do have spherical beads!) . They probably work better.

Save your money don't buy this. I own many YSL products but this will NOT be repurchased. Terrible =(. I can't believe they would even put such a crappy product out

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by luna_z

I bought it because of its high rating here, but I have to say that I am really disappointed. I bought it for 46CHF which is around 30 euro. So, you can understand how I expect from this tiny tube. However, it turned out that it's just sugar and some strawberry seed inside maybe with some honey. Believe me, you can D.I.Y this instead of buying it in YSL especially with this kind of price. And, it doesn't work for me at all. I used to love YSL product, but this one really disappointed me. Definitely won't buy again.

UPDATE: Yesterday I left it on my lip overnight, and this morning my lip is so soft and pink! If you find that it doesn't work that good, maybe you can try this too. However, I still think it is not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:18:00 AM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

i really wanted this to work.. but seems i am the only one who didnt find it amazing though i have used it many times. I have chappy lips and i always need to exfoliate before i put lip stick on for a go out. so i have been searching for such a product. but now that i have tried this and found its results to be medium. i wont buy it again and rather try a mix of (olive oil and sugar) and see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great exfoliator for the lips, leaves it really soft and smooth! You just need a tiny amount so this product goes a long way. I haven't been very good at using it regularly but every time I remember to reach out for it, it feels like a real treat. The strawberry and tingly mint combo is refreshing, and the shea butter and macadamia nut oil makes it moisturizing. I've always like YSL skincare and cosmetics and this one is another thumbs up.

Bought it for RM76, 15ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by DjoannaGrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only exfoliating lip balm I have. It works great!
Though expensive, I guess the tube would last a long time. I like the scent and its effectivity in making my lips soft after using it. A sure must have. : - )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MsPucci

I guess this product belongs in the category of items you never knew you needed, but once own, can't imagine living without it! It exfoliates the lips much better and more evenly than any other methods I know of. I always have a big problem with dry, chappy lips in the winter, no matter what I use. This really removes the dead chappy skin on my lips, so that it can absorb moisture, and that keeps them from becoming dry and sore, and in turn more chappy, Smells fresh of mint, and the pink and golden little tube is cute.