August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Queen Collection Oil-Free Moisturizing Make-Up

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MarciLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in Q750-Rich Mink. I do not like having a Cake Face whatsoever but when I go out for a good occasion, I do like to step it up a bit. This is a step above a BB Cream and a few steps away from anything thick like MAC. I don't like MAC. Too thick for everyday wear for me especially in the summer. I don't have time to keep blotting and powdering. This is perfect for me to use one application and be satisfied. If you have acne, I suggest not using this, it's a bit too light, but if you like something with more covering I suggest Lancome instead of MAC. it is build-able and feels light. I was about to get it but I only got a sample but this is good for me too and a fraction of the cost of department store makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just wanted to add a new review for this product. I started using it again after leaving it for awhile. I wanted to use up some foundation I had languishing in my drawer so I took this out. I find that the coverage is light/medium-buildable if desired and the wear is decent, and it looks like skin when powdered (I am oily). I can get over 8 hours from it with powder and no touchups. My issues are that it is difficult to find near me (that is why I indicated that I would not buy again - I won't go all over creation looking for it and it's not worth the trouble to buy online) and there are not good year-round shade matches for me, as it really changes seasonally for me. In between times I have to mix for a match. Also, it oils up a little too quickly unless I take measures, which is a bit of a downer for me. I am happy that it is at least an option for WOC, because there was not always a DS line available for us, so yay for that, but I can't find it near me so I don't look for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Cr3m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first liquid foundation I have tried couple years back and I really like it. The color match is great (I'm Golden Honey Q725 and NC50 in Mac studio fix). Only drawback is that it is a moisturizing foundation so that sucks for someone with oily skin like me, but using M.O.M as my base helps keep oils at bay.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a really sheer foundation, perfect for warm weather errand running. It evens out the skin, but doesn't cover imperfections, so you will still need concealer. On my skin it dries to a satin finish and can be mattified with powder. Definitely not dewy. You can get extra mileage by using a primer. It's not HG, but it does the job.
Shade: Almond Glow

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by chilovesmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this foundation without checking it on my skin and it was an epic fail. But I gave it a second chance and I am a toasted almond. It blends very well, vey light coverage which is what I look for year round. I do use concealer in dark spots and I use the press powder in ebony bronze 1 and it is the perfect combo. I wear NC45 in MAC!! Happy Shopping!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect match for my NC44 skin without any ashiness. Very lighteweight, light coverage but not at all drying and leaves a smooth, radiant appearance. Has a lot of gold pigment which balances out red and adds a glow. This is a great alternate to TM...especially if set with pressed powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by kyra18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with other reviews on this product. This is the lightest foundation-- ever. truly minimal coverage! If you have acne scars to hide, or blemishes, DON"T consider this foundation as a one stop makeup fix. You will need concealer and powder and possibly even other foundations to cover anything substantial.

But, like other reviewers have noted, this is really nice as a tinted moisturizer! I got the color almond glow, which has very strong yellow undertones. Underneath other foundation, I get a really nice glow and it looks pretty natural. The other foundation even glides on smoother.

Just be warned that this product is not really what it sells itself as. It's great that Covergirl is making foundations for people of all skin tones, but they need to revise this formula for better coverage if they want to sell it as foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by BAGBARBIE

Just purchased this liquid foundation on Friday. I tested it out Friday night when I got home to see what it would look like. OMG, I love this foundation so much that I went back to Target and purchased the last three tubes left. The color that I purchased was Sheer Expresso in the liquid and the Natural Hue Compact in Sheer Expresso as well, all at my local Target on sale for 3.28 a piece. What a deal! I love the coverage that the liquid provides. I don't like for my facial makeup to look like I walked into a breath of fresh flour. I like natural and this is the product to use if you are looking for the same effect. I know that this Queen Collection is the ish for me because I go to one of those high class beauticians that pull up in her Range, come in the door rocking her Louie or Gucci, and swears by MAC. She knows that I love my MAC SFP and I'll rock that and my Clinique quick. Friday I went to get my hair done and while i was sitting in her chair she tells me that my face look so smooth and asked what was I wearing. When I told her the CGQC she could not believe me. She advised that it looked better than my MAC SFP. So for me it's a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay so I gave this 3's across the board.

I'm in amber glow 705. Initially I felt like they didn't have my color so I would mix two to get the desired shade. But when I ran out of both I picked up 705 and that seemed to work fine.

I used this a lot when CG first dropped Queen Collection.

It does not break me out, nor does it dry me out.

This is minimal coverage at best with very little lasting power.

But I will say that surprisingly I like this on a hot summer day when I pretty much want to go bare faced but even out my skintone. Yeah, I consider to give as much coverage as a tinted moisturizer. Its super sheer.

I did say I will buy this again but that's only because I've already repurchased this once before.

These days I go for a little bit more of a heavy coverage when purchasing foundation but I'm sure there will be a summer day when I want to have the "no make-up" look and I'll use this to achieve that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by medinaneenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

my color: Golden Honey (T-zone only) & Almond Glow (all over)
WARNING: This is a sheer coverage foundation.
With my multi red-orange/yellowish undertones, I have a tough time finding a good foundation. In terms of color matching, this one is my 2nd favorite foundation EVAH! (1st being my beloved Px Fresh Ginger)
I'm oily grrl extradonaire so I always use MOM to prime for liquid.
I use a skunk brush to apply it, use MACSelectNC50 for any dark spots and set with whatever I'm feeling for the day (MFE, MAC, Palladio) and WHAM! perfect complexion. Looks so natural people actually compliment my skin (gasp), pssshh chile please, this is HG for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No