October 24, 2014 | 1744 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Ten Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Worth every penny. Smoothing and volumizing, good for color treated hair.. Fantastic all around. One of my top products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by vonkhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me this is the best product there is! I have been dying my hair since I was 16, and it is usually exposed to direct sunlight and sea frequently, so it needs something that will moisturise it. Furthermore, I cannot just use shampoo, because my hair gets tangled so much that it can take up to 30 minutes just to brush it after washing it. My concern with Ten Shampoo is that if used on its own, it is ok, but the best results are with the Ten Conditioner. My hair feels silky, it is shiny, feels and smells great and the ends look fabulous! It is very hard to find at a decent price in Netherlands, and the orders from the USA usually cannot be done because it is liquid, if we lived in the USA I would most definitely use only this line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have done brazillian blowout and therefore had to find a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner to maintain the results. I used Shampure from Aveda, which was containing sulphats and had to switch. Ten is amazing, leaves my hair clean but not stripped and I can really feel the difference to my hair. The price is too high though, so I would probably have to find a cheaper alternative soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by nycgirl191

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Alterna TEN shampoo and conditioner. I bought a 1L size of each to get me through MBA school abroad, and despite 1 yr of hard drinking, lots of gross student travel, going to the beach/pool, getting all sorts of stuff on my hair (including champagne showers), and putting my stylist/colorist routine on hold, my hair looks and feels amazing-- even better than before I went to school. The smell is wonderful, I used it everyday without feeling like I needed to rotate out or use a weekly deep cleanser (which I did in my 'normal' life). I'm pretty sure I'm the only girl who has arrived in France with my American shampoo/conditioner, but look who's laughing now!

Even my friends who don't believe in expensive shampoos have commented on how awesome this stuff is when they've borrowed my shower.

Now that I've moved to yet another continent, I realize how much I miss it, and I'm buying some online and having my sister ship it to me all the way in Asia. (That is how much I miss it.) All other shampoos now pale in comparison, even Kerastase. I'm pretty sure I'll be using it for the rest of my life (or for as long as they make it).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

let me start by telling you how terrible my hair is. i have naturally crinkly, dry, frizzy dull, lifeless, flat hair. i even had a problem with it falling out until i used the hairmax lasercomb (one of my other reviews). but that didnt stop me from growing my hair down to my butt cuz i love long hair! it sucks too, cuz im asain and aren't asains known for their beautiful shiny hair??

i tried Alterna's bamboo anti frizz shampoo, that did help with the frizz but i needed more moisture and definately more volume.

so i searched the internet for the most expensive shampoo, because if THAT doesnt work, then im pretty much screwed. Alterna science of 10 popped up, so i got a bottle off ebay. and WOW!! what a difference! i felt like someone put a wig on my head cuz it was just THAT big of a difference!

i was suprised at the consistancy of the shampoo and conditioner. i expected it to be thick, since i always thought the expensive shampoos have less water and more "stuff" in it. the lathered well, but again, the lather wasn't as thick as i expected from an expensive shampoo. the smell reminded me of Jasmine, which i wasn't crazy about, but it wasnt terrible either. (i prefer Alterna's bamboo antifrizz scent). when i rinsed it out, i was like "that was nice, but i not what i expected". but after my hair dried... wow!! it felt SO clean, boucy, shiney, soft, moisturized (but not overly so), tons of volume... it was just great.

ive been trying to grow my hair for years, but since i use the Chi flat iron every day, id always have to cut a ton of it off. i was getting my hair cuts about every 3-4 months because the ends got so dry. after using this shampoo, im able to have the long hair ive always wanted!! (i havent cut my hair for nearly a year, and NO SPLITS!). considering one of my haircuts cost nearly $80, id say this shampoo has saved me a lot of money!

if you have beautiful hair naturally, you may not like, nor need this shampoo. but if u have terrible hair that requires the BEST products out there, regardless of cost, i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this product!!

UPDATE: i now have a toddler and a 3month old, so i rarely have time to shower, let alone use the hairmax. i quit using the hairmax, but my hair isn't falling out with this shampoo. it doesnt claim to stop hairloss, but it seems like it is for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ljsamora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love the smell of this shampoo. It's a luxury line and really expensive. I buy this in travel sizes and use it when my hair feels dry and needs some love. I only gave it 4 lippies because of the high price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I needed to try this one and I did. This shampoo not only smelled amazing it made my hair feel amazing too. I didn't have any frizzy ends, no dry spots. It is a good bottle that does not get lost in the tub trying to get the product out.
It gave my hair that slight slip without feeling unclean or heavy. It makes my scalp feel good and clean. Very thick so a little goes a long way with this.
The smell is amazing (as I said) it is the kind of nice smell that you like when showering, calming, relaxing, that sort of thing. The smell will linger, but not in an overpowering sort of way, almost seductively.
Using this with the matching conditioner has been a very pleasant experience. My hair has never felt or looked so good. The shine is out of this world. I love the compliments I get when using this. Most of all I love that my husband takes instant notice and wants to sniff me often.
I have found this at a beauty store near me and it's almost $12 cheaper than anyplace else I have looked. I don't buy it often, but I will buy it again to change up the shampoo I use which is the White Truffle by Alterna. I will save my pennies just to spoil myself with this amazing shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by msTaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

price IS expensive but i dont mind if it helps my easily irritated scalp. i decided to take the plunge and get this with the conditioner (not so impressed with the conditioner, btw) when i saw a review about it not irritating their scalp. ive been on a HG hunt for a shampoo that wont aggravate my scalp since, oh, forever. pureology works ok than most. actually chagrin valley shampoo bars worked best but it dulled out my hair and stripped my color probably because i need to follow with a vinegar rinse, so i went back to looking for a regular shampoo. hey i want shiny hair, too ; ) i mustve tried all anti-dandruff shampoos, all sulfate-free shampoos and frankly, im tired. before getting this, i used pureology nanoworks and it worked fine but not as good as i wanted. this has a comparable price so i tried alterna 10. the bottle looks so luxe, it does look like a very pricey product. the smell is pleasant, a little more grown up for my taste, but im the type who prefers fruity scents. the formulation is rich, so you only need a tiny amount. i use it with biolage conditioning balm as i prefer the shine that balm gives me instead of the matching 10 conditioner. my scalp is happier, my hair feels and looks luxurious. definitely lots of compliments when i use this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I think this is an average shampoo, and definitely overpriced! I mean, $60 for a bottle of shampoo?? C'mon... somebody's just lookin' to make money... and greed is the reason our economy is in the sad state it is currently in.
The reason I tried this "liquid gold" is becuz I got a FREE sample when I purchased something else from beautysak.com. I really liked it- more so for the fragrance- so I researched purchasing it; but when I saw the price? I had to move on...

Is it a nice shampoo? Yes. Smells nice, lathers good, no sulfates, etc. It didn't make my hair look like I just stepped out of a salon, though, nor make a drastic difference by any means. Other salon shampoos perform just as good as this for a fraction of the price. Matter of fact, I think I like Pureology's sulfate-free moisturizing shampoo, better, and it's a little cheaper!

(I can't believe the snob in this thread who implies the majority of us here are "stupid" and/or "jealous" for mentioning that $60 is pricey for a bottle of sulfate-free 'poo.)
All I can say to that is... I'm glad I'm not a fake blonde who *needs* this $60 "rare commodity" shampoo (gimmee a break, lady) in order to look good... I'm grateful my brunette hair can look fab even if I use Neutrogena Triple Moist shampoo, which actually works better for me, and I believe is also sulfate-free! The Neutrogena is definitely worth checking out! continued >>

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ridemeBIGsheldon

Rating this based on a sample I received from a friend who does hair. Great product, amazing results. Gosh my hair feels amazing today, and it even felt easier to style this morning. I think I need a black market supply of this because there's no way I could purchase the actual bottles of s & c. Too bad!