October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Power K Skin Brightener

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Snovit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of Peter Thomas Roth cosmecutical approach and use their product for everyday skin care. But this concealer/brightener has a bit unclear use niche. I bought it deeming it could be apllied all around the skin around the eyes, with a touch of bright tones (from brightener). The concealer makes my wrinkles more visible and brightener is too shiny. Although, the concealer is smooth and light when applied on the skin.

So, I use the concealer for covering some dark parts under the eyes and to cover redish discolourations around my nose and jaw. I found it better to use concealer brush instead of just fingers. The brightener is for the time just for evening - I applied it in the inner and far outern corners of the eyelids.

I've got a tip to blend the concealer with a small amount of brightener on hand and apply thereafter.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by OrtLing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Expensive with no results. Tried on the tester at Sephora and all seems good - fast absorption and the skin of my hands do seem brighter (maybe it's the spotlights).

Decided to get one despite the price and regretted it after patiently applying for a month. No brightening effect and it leaves a weird feeling to my face. Not moisturizing too so not sure what it is meant to target for after all.

Doesn't blend in well with my moisturizer and other products too. Maybe I have to be a loyal PTR customer and use their full range? No matter, I won't be getting another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ae0003

Alternating this with the Ultralite 24/7 Anti-Aging Cellular Repair and am so very pleased with the results. I only use both at night, however...a little heavy for day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ASabadia

I have had discoloration from breakouts over the past few years and though I have tried various fading skin creams, nothing has ever worked. This is the first time I have bought something and have seen a visible difference. I would say within a 2-3 weeks I noticed a remarkable difference in my skin. The dark acne splotches have decreased by almost 70%. Yes it is expensive and it is cheaper to buy it on ebay, but I think it is worth it. It really worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm using the PTR Power K Rescue Undereye Brightener. It's a very expensive cream, but it works really well for me. My dark circle has diminished quite a bit. I used to use a drugstore brand vitamin K gel with L'Oreal Pure Retinol Eye. This product is far superior to that combination. It's quite expensive to buy, but it does last a while. You have to give it a few weeks to begin seeing results. To combat my dark circles, eyebags, and lines, I now use PTR Power K rescue, Lancome Resolution D-contraxol, and Origins no puffery mask. This regiment has been working fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2004 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Lisa71

Please do not spend $110 on this! I got a very generous sample. I used it for a couple of weeks and all it did was give me a whole bunch of whiteheads. I don't even have sensitive skin. It is somewhat greasy and smells kind of funny. I would not buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2003 8:43:00 PM More reviews by elliemay72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for about 5 days and have noticed a definite "brightness" to my complexion...it does leave a film on your face, but you have to take care not to use too much, and let it soak in completely before you put on your makeup. PTR products are made for layering if you apply the right quantity! I got it on eBay for a good price and I'd buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2003 6:22:00 AM More reviews by violetpickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I was skeptical at first but it really did make a difference in my skin. I have used it day and night for several months now. I wear it under my normal moisturizer and it has visibly changed my skin. I had these horrible freckles that have faded and my skin tone has been evened out. However, I bought the product on e-bay and paid considerably less than retail. I would not pay $100 for it but I would definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2002 4:00:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is way too drying! And as another reviewer mentioned,it leaves a weird film on your skin. Seemed to work well for the first couple of weeks...then nothing! Save your money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2002 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not worth the huge price tag. It seems little else than a moisturizer. I didn't see any special results that any other moisturizer couldn't give me. Skip!