Peter Thomas Roth Power K Skin Brightener

2.9

on 12/7/2012 7:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a fan of Peter Thomas Roth cosmecutical approach and use their product for everyday skin care. But this concealer/brightener has a bit unclear use niche. I bought it deeming it could be apllied all around the skin around the eyes, with a touch of bright tones (from brightener). The concealer makes my wrinkles more visible and brightener is too shiny. Although, the concealer is smooth and light when applied on the skin.

So, I use the concealer for covering some dark parts under the eyes and to cover redish discolourations around my nose and jaw. I found it better to use concealer brush instead of just fingers. The brightener is for the time just for evening - I applied it in the inner and far outern corners of the eyelids.

I've got a tip to blend the concealer with a small amount of brightener on hand and apply thereafter.

on 2/2/2010 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Expensive with no results. Tried on the tester at Sephora and all seems good - fast absorption and the skin of my hands do seem brighter (maybe it's the spotlights).

Decided to get one despite the price and regretted it after patiently applying for a month. No brightening effect and it leaves a weird feeling to my face. Not moisturizing too so not sure what it is meant to target for after all.

Doesn't blend in well with my moisturizer and other products too. Maybe I have to be a loyal PTR customer and use their full range? No matter, I won't be getting another one.

on 12/4/2005 7:38:00 PM

Alternating this with the Ultralite 24/7 Anti-Aging Cellular Repair and am so very pleased with the results. I only use both at night, however...a little heavy for day.

on 1/15/2004 8:29:00 PM

I'm using the PTR Power K Rescue Undereye Brightener. It's a very expensive cream, but it works really well for me. My dark circle has diminished quite a bit. I used to use a drugstore brand vitamin K gel with L'Oreal Pure Retinol Eye. This product is far superior to that combination. It's quite expensive to buy, but it does last a while. You have to give it a few weeks to begin seeing results. To combat my dark circles, eyebags, and lines, I now use PTR Power K rescue, Lancome Resolution D-contraxol, and Origins no puffery mask. This regiment has been working fine.

on 1/5/2004 9:02:00 AM

Please do not spend $110 on this! I got a very generous sample. I used it for a couple of weeks and all it did was give me a whole bunch of whiteheads. I don't even have sensitive skin. It is somewhat greasy and smells kind of funny. I would not buy this.

on 12/17/2003 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using it for about 5 days and have noticed a definite "brightness" to my complexion...it does leave a film on your face, but you have to take care not to use too much, and let it soak in completely before you put on your makeup. PTR products are made for layering if you apply the right quantity! I got it on eBay for a good price and I'd buy it again!

I really like this product. I was skeptical at first but it really did make a difference in my skin. I have used it day and night for several months now. I wear it under my normal moisturizer and it has visibly changed my skin. I had these horrible freckles that have faded and my skin tone has been evened out. However, I bought the product on e-bay and paid considerably less than retail. I would not pay $100 for it but I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/27/2002 4:00:00 PM

This product is way too drying! And as another reviewer mentioned,it leaves a weird film on your skin. Seemed to work well for the first couple of weeks...then nothing! Save your money!

on 5/24/2002 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not worth the huge price tag. It seems little else than a moisturizer. I didn't see any special results that any other moisturizer couldn't give me. Skip!

on 4/26/2002 6:45:00 PM

I don't recommend this. It barely moisturizes. Instead, it leaves a tacky film on the face so if you were to brush your fingers across your cheek, they'd skip. Very weird. It doesn't lighten. I suffered through an entire bottle without any difference. It also contains arnica - a vasodilator (it expands your veins) and a skin sensitizer. A complete waste of money.

Popular Treatments (Face)