November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THE SMELL ALONE SHOULD DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM GETTING THIS PRODUCT. I CAN ONLY USE IT AT NIGHT SO THE SMELL GOES AWAY BY MORNING. AS FAR AS COLORING GOES IT DOES A GOOD JOB, NO STREAKING OR BLOTCHES. IT COMES OUT ALL RUNNY THOUGH AND QUITE FRANKLY COMES OFF AS CHEAPLY MADE.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2011 More reviews by Lala227

This review is for the medium to dark. Ugh. Never again. Consistency is far too watery yet left me feeling like I lubed up with vegetable oil...not good. Also, no color payoff whatsoever, even after a few days. Oh and the smell, horrendus. Sort of peach-like as another reviewer mentioned, which gives way to an odd, almost waxy scent. I had to check the expiration date, it was so bad. Probably the worst self tanning (gradual) lotion I've encountered thus far. Oddly enough, I like the Nivea Sun-kissed legs a lot, as it gives a noticable yet subtle tint in just one use.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sp1213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for the 'medium to dark version'. There is only one pro: this lotion did moisturize my skin. Now to the cons. First off, I paid 10 dollars for this lotion, which is only 8.4. I can get a bottle of cocoa butter lotion that's 2 that size for half the price!! Second, the smell, ugh. It smells nice when you first put it on, but then it starts to have a sort of sweaty smell. Not cool. Third, I've YET to see results from this product. It claims that you will see results within 5 days. I've been using this product, for almost 2 weeks, and haven't seen the slightest change. Then again, my legs haven't seen the sunlight in almost 9 years so, that could be a big factor.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the "medium to dark" version. I couldn't find a separate listing for it. I like that this lotion is very thin. It makes it easy to get all over, including between my shoulder blades. I also like that it doesn't streak and that it's gradual. What I don't like is that the color is a bit too orange, the smell is horrendous and lasts for many hours, and I got a LOT of acne on my chest about 8 hours after using this. Stupid me, I kept using it for a few more days. I didn't have any chest acne before and now I'm combating 4 fully formed pimples and I can feel another 6 or so coming up. Gross! Between that and the truly toxic smell I can't recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by PrincessofIce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lotion. It gives me a light tannish look to my skin and I love that it helps firm your skin (even though my skin hasn't started sagging yet).

The only thing about this is that it's a little watery and it smells kind of weird.

I have yet to find a lotion that firms your skin AND tans, so I will be buying this til I find something cheaper or better... which might be soon because I'm having a hard time find this lotion and I think they are discontinuing it =(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by niarai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this yesterday at RITE AID for $8.49...it was the best money i ever spent. It does have a light peachy scent but it's nice. I already have a nice glow since putting it on yesterday...then again this morning. by the way, i bought the medium/tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by dnagirl

I have used self tanners for years - and my avoidance of sunbathing has paid off as I am often told that I look about 40 (I am 49). I have lately been using Jergens and Dove, and like them fairly well. But I had been curious about this for a while. I picked it up about a month ago but returned it as the bottle I had purchased was expired. I saw it again recently and decided to give it another try with a fresh bottle. I am glad I did - I am really liking this. It is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application, but then the stickiness goes away - and a few hours later (I put it on before bedtime, so I am not sure how long color development takes) I have some nice color. I am relatively fair and my legs are pretty pale - but now I am able to wear shorts w/o being self-concious. I don't look like I just came from a week at the beach - more like I just have a good medium color naturally. And that is all I really want. (By-the-way, I am using the Medium to Dark - didn't see this one on the list). I haven't found it to be drying, as a previous reviewer did - but I'll watch for that - I may not have used it long enough yet.

I find the smell of the lotion interesting, but not at all unpleasant. The scent later seems very neutral to me - I am not detecting the self-tanner scent at all. As for the "Firming" part - can't really say I see anything, but I think those claims are mostly hype anyway - I'll depend on exercise and diet to do that. After just a few uses of this lotion, I am sold. I will continue to use and update more later.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by GlamGirl80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I like to be very in control of my tanning, so when I use this I am very careful. I usually combine this with the regular Nivea skin firming lotion and apply one coat at a time. I am able to control to intensity of the color that way. My skin is sensitive to self applied tanners, and this one works very well. I would recommend that anyone who has the same issue as I do, try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by nimfochka

I've been using this product on and off for about a year. I really like the color it gives me ( I use medium-dark), but it dries my skin real bad and the smell is killing me. If you have oily skin and can tolerate strong self-tan odor, I guess you'll be ok with it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I must have gotten a different batch because I have some different experiences then the other reviews. Which is actually like as I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I know Nivea is generally fairly expensive compared to a lot of drugstore brands so maybe that's why. Anyway, I found the bottles I purchased to be rather runny instead of thick. Which is fine with me because I can put a light layer of my perfumed body lotion on top. I get a nice golden color from it which is another plus - no orange, no streaks or spots. It does have a slight stench which isn't exactly the same as most self tanners. It smells a bit off in the bottle. I don't mind though, like I said I use perfumed body lotion on top. I'd buy it again for a dollar that's for sure. If I had to pay full price, maybe.