Clairol Clairol Nice'n Easy ColorSeal Conditioning Gloss

4.4

Water, Amodimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Panthenol, Trimethyl Siloxysilicate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed OiI, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond Protein, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this product. No other product even compares to how glossy and shiny this leaves my hair. The only problem is that Clairol discontinued it. I don't understand why companies discontinue beloved products. Please bring it back!!!!

on 5/7/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Skip to the *'s below for the summary)

This could give you the scariest hair experience, ever.

But I might possibly buy it again (Mainly because I clearly don't learn from my mistakes! but also I reckon it could be okay as long as it does not get near my scalp)

I have always used this conditioner.
Since the 90's- I used my mothers color seal conditioning gloss that came with Nice N' Easy box colour.
(Long before they brought it out as a product in its own right!)
This product I always thought was luxurious!
It smells Divine, nice cream paste, ultimately luxurious and leaves hair feeling wonderfully soft.
Great!! LOVE IT!!

BUT..........................
Months ago, I coloured my hair using Nice n' Easy.
I bought the colour in a pharmacy Jamaica on discount
(it was the lightest shade of Blonde I could find - trust me there aint much selection for fair hair in a country with 0.1% white people!)
I had long blonde hair to my waist.
It was sunny and Humid .
My hair was becoming dry from salty water and sun exposure (hadn't bought anything to protect it or done any maintenance- This was obviously before I discovered product love/ MUA)
so I decided to get a bob- Drastic,I know.
But I wasn't a "girly girl" and didn't care. Then decided to die it myself.
So as my hair was now the shortest it had ever been, I applied the color seal conditioner ALL OVER my head (usually I only condition the ends) but I figured the dye would have dried out my hair.
I still don't know what it was exactly (except the color seal conditioner is to blame), I believe it could be mostly due to the fact the conditioner was on my scalp.

The conditioner left a tacky mess on my head that would not move! Imagine vaseline in your hair, like that except more viscous and dull.
I dried my hair and it still looked lank and greasy!
I washed again, and again.
I researched online ... its not uncommon. All P&G products and pantene and all often have Panthenol in them which coats the hair and leaves that lovely soft feeling(also obviously causes build up)
They recommended clarifying shampoos , Vinegar, Dishwashing soap and a variety of other things.
I bought 3 different shampoos. Still melted yankee tart like waxy stuff not the top of my head.
I am not emotional and was not fussy about my hair but after a few days I was becoming stressed. I had used heaps of vinegar and even tried Laundry detergent!

Finally i tried Dawn dishwashing soap!! It worked, the only thing that left my hair squeaky clean and normal again!!

Apologies for the lack of brevity but it was my greatest beauty disaster to date ( and Ive accidentally put bleach on my face and shaved off baby hair on my head and singed eyelashes....)

*******************
This product could cause a horrible unmovable wash build up on your hair.

Dawn dishwashing soap is the best clarifying shampoo ever for Emergencies.
The only product that would remove stubborn product in hair is dish soap!

Just as good as the Colorsilk conditioner - but I can't find either sold separately to the dye in the shops! Never mind, I manage to get three uses out of one sachet. Leaves my hair extremely silky and shiny.

on 11/20/2013 4:46:00 PM

So in New Zealand when you buy the Clairol Nice n Easy boxes of dye these tubes come with it for after colouring care, my mum used to dye her hair with this dye all the time so had a bathroom full of these and she never ever touches them, i wish i had tried it then because OMG this stuff is amazing!!!

I have naturally medium brown hair, and have (through the hairdresser) gone blonde, and because of the cost i decided to do my roots myself, i lightened it, then a day later i put ash blonde over it (still wasnt the colour I wanted), then lightened it again a week later to not damage my hair too much. and now I just have to do an ash blonde again as the second lightener got it to a white yellow colour, so the ash will go over just fine (she says hopefully) lol.

But anyway, because I used two boxes of ash the first time, I had two of these Clairol Conditioning gloss tubes, and ive been using it EVERY time i wash my hair to help restore the dye damage (prevent it also). I am in love with this conditioner!! I have tried every product in the book, I've always dyed my hair since i was about 11, and I've tried all the products imaginable, But i have never ever ever used a conditioner that makes my hair soooooo soft and glossy than this! It makes my hair slip out of my hands in the shower its that soft, i mean ive tried conditioners that feel like that when you first wash it out, but it always goes away by the end, but this stuff keeps that soft, glossy feel! smells amazing, and I load my hair up will a generous amount and leave it on while i wash my face or something. Ive found since having bleached my hair, my hair gets super knotting, and this stuff is so amazing i never have a single knot and the comb goes straight through my hair with not even any resistance.

I dont know what the availability is in other countries, but here you just pay like $10 for a box of dye and this conditioner comes with it, is 57mL and lasts about 4 washes for me so if this stuff is in stores and can buy it without having to pay for a dye, definitely go and buy this, I have tried so many high end conditioners and treatments, (i love my Joico) but this stuff is so fantastic its unbelievable i had never tried it with the hoards of the stuff in mums bathroom.

Go and buy it, you won't regret it! I just hope it's actually good for your hair, because it feels good, so hopefully its actually really good for it too :)

on 7/26/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this because of the reviews, but I didn't find that it did anything special for my hair--extend the color or make it look more intense, make it shiny, reduce frizz measurably--and it did weigh my hair down a bit. It did make my hair easy to comb, but that's about it. Even for the price, I expected more. Did not and will not repurchase.

on 7/26/2013 3:16:00 PM

pros: if you have color treated hair this is the deep conditioner to buy! It leaves my hair so silky and makes my highlights just shine and look very fresh! The packaging is convenient because I can roll it up and get every last bit of it. cons: I have long, thick, dry, color treated hair so I usually like to load up my hair with lots of conditioner but I feel like I have to conserve this more since it is a small tube. And I don't know if it's just me but I can't find this in regular drugstores (Walgreens, CVS, target etc.) the only place I can find it is online at drugstore.com but maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

on 6/23/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ever since I came back from holiday [I went to the Philippines/Japan], my hair has been awful. It is very dry and parched and splits much easier than it did before. I got my haircut days before I left for my trip but had to get it cut again because the ends were so damaged. I think it was probably damaged from the water and sun my hair was exposed too.

I had previously used M academia oil conditioner on my hair, which had worked before, but it wasn't having the same effect now. My mom told me to use the colorseal one weekend, and I was so impressed! My hair felt so silky and smooth! I couldn't believe it! It felt as if my hair was restored to its old, healthy self!

My only gripe about this product is that I find it hard to buy in store [I haven't actually found any store that sells this yet] so I have to buy it online.

Other than that, wonderful conditioner, easy to travel with and use. A++++++!

on 2/13/2012 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best conditioner ever!

on 11/30/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My Mom uses Nice 'n Easy hair color and has a ton of these blue little tubes in her bathroom. I used it once while I stayed over at her house since I forgot my conditioner and OMG... seriously the first conditioner I've ever used that 1) I didn't have to comb it threw in the shower and have hair all over the drain 2) My comb just glided through my hair afterwards with no tangles what so ever, none!! Can I tell you as a girl with ultra baby fine wavy hair that this is a first ever!!! I always always have to use a detangler spray afterwards since my hair is usually so tangled but this is the first time I didn't have to. I think I'm going to steal the rest of those tubes...LOL :)

on 6/26/2011 5:34:00 PM

I bought this stuff since the reviews were so glowing and I have to say that I really like it. I use the natural Herbatint dye on my hair and use this conditioner once a week and leave it on for about 4 minutes. I don't think it really glosses it up, but it does make it very soft and it's not a heavy conditioner for my short fine hair. It's pretty concentrated so I expect this tiny tube to last me for months and the small tube makes it easy for travel or gym use. The condition of my hair is pretty normal for color treated hair and I'm sure since it's short that helps keep away any damage, but I like the softness that this conditioner gives it and it's super cheap.