November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Fragrances - veroprofumo - rubj

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by haveaguinness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me, this is a screechy tuberose-berry mixed with (and drowned out by) the clear and unmistakable scent of B.O. and then, towering over all, 100% pure urinal cake. Fascinatingly awful, with impressive sillage and longevity.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by asiamo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sincerely wanted to love this. In the past year I've become quite enamored with orange blossom scents and thought this would be a nice addition to my exploration of that lovely note. I believe I received my sample around the holidays and dabbed a bit on my wrist--hopeful that I would drink in lovely orange blossom and other pretty floral notes. Perhaps it is my skin or my nose, but I get the most unpleasant cumin-ish not from this. I keep pressing my wrist to my nose to see if it's mellowed or moved forward to a more 'beautiful' phase--but I simply can't find it. I am just starting to get to the grape Kool-Aid note others have mentioned, but I really can't get past the scent of human sweat. I try not to jump to conclusions, but I have sampled this more than once and it appears Rubj and I will not have a long term relationship

I am hopeful your experience is more beautiful, and that in this case, 'it's not Rubj, it's me".

Please note: the low score for packaging is because I haven't seen the bottle and only have a sample vial.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

Mmmm... Rubj. This review is for the EDP. The initial blast of this is juicy berry. Really, it smells "red" or even , grapey. Thankfully this only lasts a few minutes; the next stage is a very green fresh feeling, like walking under the leaves of hazelnut trees in full leaf , late in summer. I realize this is an intensely personal connection, but that where this scents takes me back, immediately. I love this stage, where the oakmoss and greenery takes over and the scent almost seems as if it will go in the chypre direction. And then the orange blossom and white florals appear, though in a sheer fashion, and continue to grow and bloom and go on for many hours. This is why I bought the bottle of EDP, for that orange blossom goodness with a little skank thrown in. I'm wearing it now in the winter, and it brightens a cold crisp day. I imagine it will sing in the heat of summer. Despite the heavy hitters of orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose, this scent remains sheer and close to the skin for many hours. It mainly registers as a shimmering light, golden in color. It is absolutely bewitching and well-worth a full bottle.
A word about cumin: I honestly do not smell it in this. However, my husband gets one whiff of it and purrs "cumin. yummy". He obviously loves the cumin overdose of this scent and cannot get enough of it. He explains to me that it smells like warm delicious skin. Not a samosa, or other Indian fare, or -worse- B.O.
I wonder if I'm anosmic to cumin because I cannot, for the life of me, get anything like it in this scent. But many others do.
So, sample before you buy.
I have not sampled the extrait yet, and cannot wait to do so. I love the edp so much and understand that the two are only remotely related, so that getting the extrait will not be redundant, but an addition to the Rubj experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Wildthang

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Veroprofumo Rubj Parfum Extrait

Just for clarification there is Rubj Parfum Extrait ( pronounced " Ruby" ) and Rubj EDP
The EDP is not a lighter version of the original but a close relation .

I just tried the Extrait and I am in love and need to purchase a full bottle . It is deep , rich and gorgeous , opening with an intoxicating orange blossom and developing into a beautiful nectar. Notes are
Moroccan orange blossom, musk, Egyptian jasmine
I just ordered a sample of the EDP the notes are similar but from what I understand according the Lucky Scent website includes
Bergamot, mandarin, neroli, passion fruit, cumin, orange flower absolute, tuberose, basil, cedar, oak moss, musk so will return and review when I get it .
Update ;
I just tried the EDP and it really doesn't work with my chemistry it quickly developed a funky " skunky" quality and never it never left had to scrub it off . SoI will be buying a full bottle of the Rubj Extrait for sure .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dear perfume Gods, this is AMAZING! Opens strong, strong, strong, neroli with tuberose underpinnings over fruit and dirty, dirty cumin. Honestly, when I smell this, the tiny lizard part of my brain instantly flashes sex with strobe like intensity. A tiny drop smeared on my wrists and in cleavage is all it takes to surround me in this heady narcotic. Far drydown (next day) all I get is musk of the beauty and quality that I remember from the 70's. I hope she makes this forever and doesn't mess with the formula. Perfume like it used to be made and apparently, in Switzerland, still is. This review is for the EdP. Awaiting sample of extrait and will review later.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the edp. Did I get a bad sample? I could smell this little monster thru the packaging of my entire TPC sample order. It smells like vintage Jolie Madame (which I adore) tainted with an atrocious berry note and then an animalic civet-type note (to "dirty it up" I suppose) thrown in. Together, the fruit and civet note remind me of one of those cheap little car air fresheners hanging in a gas station bathroom. It is horrifying! It lasts forever, too--even after scrubbing I still smelled traces of it into the evening. The sample had to be double ziploc bagged before I stored it away. Currently sharing the place with Versace Blonde for worst perfume experience ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This in both EDP and extrait is one of the few really great and hopefully immortal perfume creations of our time. I ended up FBing the extrait after carefully studied decants and samples of both, as it is *slightly* brighter, clearer, with a heavenly white floral sexy lushness; although I understand that the creator wished the EDP to be a little more earthy. I love it so much I know I won't hold out on getting the EDP too.There is a genius modern reference with that bubblegum/lolly note, which just seems to make it all the more sweetly decadent. This hippie Goddess in sunrise ruby robes has her beautiful sandalled feet planted in an overgrown Garden of Eden.
And, the quality is awesome, lasting, evolution, sillage, all excellent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most sickeningly sweet artificial cherry cough syrup scent ever. It reminds me of the smell of cheap, trashy kids eating a bunch of candy who haven't been bathed in several days and have sweat a lot. So sickening. I used the extrait, washed and scrubbed it off immediately and I still reek like cheap crap =p.

I wished i'd never tried this, don't waste your money and ruin your day reeking like this awful, disgusting product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

After draining a sample drop by drop, today I finally went online and bought a FB of Rubj from the perfumer's website.

It wasn't a lighthearted decision because the price per ml is really high, although the concentration is extrait. But it had to be done, Rubj is simply addictive, you can forget about it for a while but as soon as you smell it again you want it desperately, each time more.

As well as the listed notes of Moroccan sweet orange blossom, Egyptian jasmine and musk, I also clearly detect tuberose, all wondefully blended to give a smooth and rich fragrance.

It's a white flower scent quite like no other I know. I picture a curvy naked beauty in bed, lazy and slow as she turns her head towards her lover and laughs a rich, deep laugh. She has long dark glossy curls that fall heavily on the pillow, the window is open onto an exotic garden and a heady mixure of early evening flowers wafts in.

The scent is quite linear and it goes on and on for ages.

The perfumer has a good value sample programme on her website, where you can try all 3 of her creations. www.veroprofumo.com

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've heard this described as a saline tuberose, so i was unprepared for the power of this thing. The beginning reminded me of rosewater like in church basins not tuberose so much, though the koolaid accord others have mentioned does bring to mind other jasmine/tuberose white floral notes, only they felt layered very thickly in a way i couldn't enjoy. twenty minutes in i was totally nauseous, and no matter how much scrubbing i could not get it off. Maybe it's the orangeblossm that pushes this over the edge for me.