April 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Fragrances - Caesar's Woman by Caesars

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this fragrance is still in production, it has been reformulated as a cologne and sold very cheaply, and I don't know how this current version compares to the EdP I found at a rummage sale. The bottle I own is one rich bitch: Vegas excess meets '80s excess-- and, from the smell of it, Fracas meets Obsession. Before you shriek at that prospect, and I admit it's a tough sell on paper, I assure you that this stuff smells GOOD. The tuberose at the top is of good quality, buttery and smooth, and it soon enough gives way to an unabashedly sexual incense base similar to Obsession or Must de Cartier. Hilariously loud and just this side of vulgar, this is just plain fun to wear. Not every day, and not more than half a spray, but it is very very nice.

I think it would have been Linda Richman's ("we'll have a little cawfee and tawk") signature. Kind of goes with big sprayed hair, scarlet lips, leopard-print purses and sequined track suits ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Eh, feh, not for me. Furthermore, I'm not going to qualify this as "not for me, but for someone else's chemistry." I won't go so far as to say not for anyone in the universe (as I do with Red Door and oversprayed Giorgio) but... not for me and probably not for anyone I'm sharing a small space with. In fairness, the concatenation of three notes that are problematic for me is making me smell this with a prejudiced nose.

Caesar's Woman is tuberose, incense-y orange flower (the orange flower of Narcisse Noir -- that nag champa incense-y one), and patchouli, with a streak of sandalwood. What it comes out to smelling like is persistently bitter tuberose, incense, orris (adding a powder note to the incense in a bad way), and char. On my skin, it's almost Los Vegas personified -- the illusion of money -- dollar bills in a thin layer over sadness, cigarette smoke, and a broken down car. I will say that my skin has a few things it turns into stabbiness and hairspray that aren't inherently bad; possibly this is one. That tuberose is in here doesn't help me, nor does the incense-y orange blossom.

I don't know quite how to express it, but Caesar's Woman smelled sad on me. The name is abominable, and I'm not crazy about the packaging, either -- 70's brown, a faux marble pattern.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I own somewhere around 80 fragrances, but I turn to this one time and time again. It is a strong fragrance, something a lot of my fellow young women probably wouldn't typically like, but I love it. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. Every time I wear it, without fail, I get a compliment from at least one man (whether I know him or not) about how great I smell ("You smell sooo good!"). Women constantly ask what I'm wearing, and I tell them, and it is very unfortunate that they have never heard of it. This is probably my favourite fragrance along with Oscar de la Renta's Volupte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by labegude

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought my first bit of this at an estate sale. I really detest the name but the fragrance is brilliant on me. It is not for the feint hearted; it is a floral amber sandalwood orange blossom explosion with some sort of mint note that makes it divine. It lasts a long long time too. I have pale blond skin which is dry and scents tend to fade on me. Usually, I wear very strong floral, fruity, spice scents but Caesar's Woman is different. I am sure you younger peeps are going to freak and "old lady" Caesar's Woman but, what the heck, I am an "old lady" and I love the stuff. Some other scents I wear: Rumba, Red, Champagne YSL old formula, Amazone, Creed Tabarome (old formula), Maxim (discontinued), Halston Night (also discontinued), and Azuree (once in a great while). You can get a bit of this very cheap so you won't be losing anything if you try it and don't want to wear it but then you can send your bits to me!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No