September 20, 2014 | 1697 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by geminisquared

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just had a facelift and my face was a map of bruises ranging from baby-poop yellow to boysenberry. As the bruises began to fade and the date to return to work were getting closer I resorted to this corrector (the lighter peach). I was able to hide all the bruises and no one at work noticed!

It's not intended as a concealer it is to be used directly on very discolored areas (blemishes, under eye circles) to neutralize the color (as soon as you see the teeeeeny, weeeeny thin little applicator brush you'll realize it's for spot correcting). You can then use your regular concealer on top.

This is one of those products that does what it promises. Magical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great little colour corrector when paired with a concealer - it really is not very amazing when used on its own.

My skin tone is NC15 and tired under eye circles on me are a grey-ashy-yellowy colour so I have this in the shade #01 (Pink). I like the little applicator brush as I find it places the exact amount of product needed - with this a little goes a very long way, it's a lovely creamy formula so you have plenty of time to work at blending it.

I like to paint a criss-cross under each eye and blend with an old school foundation brush - my current favourite being the Sedona Lace one. when this has dried I repeat the process with my GA concelaer over the top. This lightens and brightens under eye circles, is non-drying, is thin enough not to get cakey and lasts all day. For me the best method is before foundation.

The only reason I would not repurchase is I have many concealers to work through that would perform both jobs and this is quite pricey compared to other products on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: After visiting the Armani counter in Saks, I exchanged my shade #2 for the shade #1, which is pinker, and it's MUCH better with my skin tone. Using shade #1 I don't have to layer a concealer on top, as instead of a slight orange bruised tint, it just seems to erase and brighten my undereye area.

I have this in shade #2, the orange one. My skin is somewhat light, I wear about NC 20 in Mac, Fresco in EL DW, 4 or 4.5 in Armani Luminious Silk, Fiji in Nars, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, etc. I don't have bad dark circles, but I do get them and to compound that I've got a small crease under each eye that makes under eye makeup challenging.

This stuff is expensive for what you get, but that's Armani for you. The packaging is minimal, and you can barely see the Giorgio Armani label on the lid, since it's black lettering on a black lid. I don't really care about packaging that much and I am not a label whore, but for the price of this stuff, it'd be nice to see an obvious Armani logo. Silly, but just saying.

The wand brush is very thin, like eyeliner but more flexible. The product is fairly fluid. It doesn't cake at all, and it does hide my circles. I do have to blend really well to make sure it doesn't settle in my creases, but it's doable. This is a corrector, not a concealer, so you have to follow on top with an actual concealer. I use the Armani High Precision Retouch concealer, and then I do my foundation on top. It works really well and I will rebuy as needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sylvacious

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in pink and it does a great job correcting my blue undereye hollows.
Love the tiny brush because a little goes a long way. Expensive but will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best thing that has happened to my very very dark undereye circles. Very light, blendable and doesn't go in my lines. Most concealers go grey against my dark circles but this is the only one that prevents that. (This is a corrector, not a concealer so I need a concealer too though somedays I don't bother)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this corrector!! It is HG. The ORANGE corrector in shade #2 is the one you want to get. I tried the pink and it was so horrible, it looked like I set my eyes with Nars Angelika blush-that one is awful. I thought something must be wrong with the people reviewing this (lol). Finally re-read the reviews today and realized I had bought the wrong shade. The orange one is a miracle, just like all the reviews are claiming. The formula is SO light and amazing it feels like nothing and works wonders so you aren't cakey with crap under your eyes. This is however, a corrector, so put concealer on top. (I can't live without my ITCosmetics Bye Bye under eye concealer, It's truly the best product in the world and I've tried every concealer out there. It's better than this. Please read my review on the Itcosmetics concealer and I have laid out my method for getting the perfect under eye for someone with bruises for eyes like me.)

Anyway, GO BUY THIS!!

HG and will buy forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I'm reviewing this in #2 the orange shade. I bought this on a whim, it's my first Armani product, and I'm officially in love with this! I have very dark undereye circles, and every concealer I've tried, well they still show through! I was tired of hearing "you look so tired". My undereye are genetic!

This is very thin liquidy consistency, very pigmented, it's pricey but I think it's worth it, a nice soft brush applicator you can either dot it on or do small brush strokes, I then pat it in with my fingers. It doesn't crease at all, and it's easy to take off but stays put all day. One bottle lasts me 3-4 months with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC42 in MAC and wear this corrector in #2. First, I will say that the ONLY thing I do not like about this is that it has shimmer. It's very faint and really only detectable in bright light, but I'm not a fan of shimmer in my under eye area. With that being said, this stuff is amazing. It's ridiculously expensive ($39!), but amazing. I don't find that I need to use another concealer on top of this like what is recommended, the peach shade brightens my dark circles without being TOO bright on its own. I have tried many under eye concealer from both the drugstore and high end brands, and this is the best that I have tried. It does NOT settle into the millions of fine lines I have in my under eye area. It's the only one that I have used that does not crease. Amazing! This also lasts the longest throughout the day without fading.

HG product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is truly HG material. I use shade #2, the orange shade, and it's incredible as a dark undereye circle eraser. Orangey/salmon/peachy shades work wonderfully on that area. I've tried and liked Eve Pearl and Benefit Erase Paste (both of them are thick creams). I've also tried but not quite liked the orange corrector that came in a MUFE palette (too dry and straight orange) and MAC corrector in peach (fluid texture but too light, the effect was a bit ashy). Arnani's version nails the precise shade to erase dark circles seamlessly and has a wonderful fluid texture that ensures a flawless application/ finish on your skin. The ultra fine tip brush is great for precise application/placement of the product.

I'm NC 25 ish and I can wear it both under or over foundation.

This product deserves it's high ratings. It's pricey, but a safe bet. I've spent more purchasing various cheap concealers that won't cover dark circles. With the GA corrector I won't be spending anymore until I run out of it. And since you don't have to use that much, the bottle will last a good few months!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Ofthesun8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just cannot live without this product - it goes on smooth and a little last a long way. And although it may be costly, one tube will last quite some time 6-8 months.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No