April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC42 in MAC and wear this corrector in #2. First, I will say that the ONLY thing I do not like about this is that it has shimmer. It's very faint and really only detectable in bright light, but I'm not a fan of shimmer in my under eye area. With that being said, this stuff is amazing. It's ridiculously expensive ($39!), but amazing. I don't find that I need to use another concealer on top of this like what is recommended, the peach shade brightens my dark circles without being TOO bright on its own. I have tried many under eye concealer from both the drugstore and high end brands, and this is the best that I have tried. It does NOT settle into the millions of fine lines I have in my under eye area. It's the only one that I have used that does not crease. Amazing! This also lasts the longest throughout the day without fading.

HG product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is truly HG material. I use shade #2, the orange shade, and it's incredible as a dark undereye circle eraser. Orangey/salmon/peachy shades work wonderfully on that area. I've tried and liked Eve Pearl and Benefit Erase Paste (both of them are thick creams). I've also tried but not quite liked the orange corrector that came in a MUFE palette (too dry and straight orange) and MAC corrector in peach (fluid texture but too light, the effect was a bit ashy). Arnani's version nails the precise shade to erase dark circles seamlessly and has a wonderful fluid texture that ensures a flawless application/ finish on your skin. The ultra fine tip brush is great for precise application/placement of the product.

I'm NC 25 ish and I can wear it both under or over foundation.

This product deserves it's high ratings. It's pricey, but a safe bet. I've spent more purchasing various cheap concealers that won't cover dark circles. With the GA corrector I won't be spending anymore until I run out of it. And since you don't have to use that much, the bottle will last a good few months!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Ofthesun8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just cannot live without this product - it goes on smooth and a little last a long way. And although it may be costly, one tube will last quite some time 6-8 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great correcter for under eye circles. I tried #2 and it works amazing! Covers any dark circles in a second! Love it. This product is really amazing. But for $39 is too expensive.
I found Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser corrector that is very, very similar to Armani's, except the price, of course. Almost the same quality.
However, if Armani's corrector would be under $30 I would purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again i only tried this because of MUA. Was reading all those reviews and so wanted to try. I could't make my mind if i need 1 pink or 2 orange. End up with the pink as i saw it on eBay cheaper than in shop.
Right first i must tell that i m person that i ALWAYS wear concealer on my eyes. And this from when i was 15yo - now 36. Concealer in my routine is the most important product from all my make up. I have concealers in EVERY bag and is the first thing i'll apply when i get up and even if i m not make up i'll still have concealer on my eyes.
I can't even mention all the brands and types i tried .. Possible everything on the market. And i always keep buying new items to try.
Now this is not a concealer but corrector which you should use UNDER concealer. And all those years back there was only concealer in the shops but when the product "corrector" come out i start using as well. I have tried few correctors but the one i used for loooong time was Bobbi Brown in Light Medium Bisque. I tho i m happy with but this is only cos i didn't find anything better till i tried the GA one.
This is absolutely fabulous product. Very light to wear and the amazing part is that really covers and don't crease . Also my concealer on top holds much better and last much longer . I don't even have to touch up anymore during the day ( my HG concealer is IT Cosmetics Bye Bye after trying millions incl. La Mer and CDP that are high rated as well )
Now the colour - as i said i end up FIRST with the pink one. ( i'm MAC 15/20 i can wear pink , peach and neutral but not strong yellow undertones ) this pink corrector IS WAY TO PINK and if i use alone i have this dark pink eye orbits that will turn in to pinkish red after an hour. Obviously you don't use this alone and when i apply my concealer on top it does the trick but i wont repurchase this colour. The ORANGE shade which i also end up buying is definitely much better and looks much natural on my eyes. And not bad even used alone.
When you first apply both look dark but ones you worked out is completely other story.

I can honestly say this is the best corrector i've used so far and will keep using till i find something better but to be honest i m not looking for replacement .

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by humbuggery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am probably NC10 or lighter and I am able to use the orange shade #2 as a color corrector for my purple circles which are hereditary and caused by blood vessels in the undereye hollows.

A lot of ladies a hair darker than me have said that #2 does not work for them and is too dark. The thing is, you're not supposed to use it alone, and you're DEFINITELY not supposed to apply a lot of it.

The trick to completely erasing your dark circles with this is to apply this orange corrector ONLY on the areas with the purple darkness. Then, buff or blend out with a crease blending brush, dry sponge or finger. Maybe let it set for a few seconds instead of immediately going in with your concealer. You MUST use a concealer on top of this for it to work.

I use NARS creamy concealer in Chantilly using the triangle method, google "concealer triangle method".

This WORKS. It completely erases the circles. I am serious.

I tried the pink corrector, and it does not correct the circles for me. Only the orange does. And it never, ever looks as if I have orange or peach under my eyes. The peach shade completely melds with the colour of the circles, and they CANCEL each other out to make a perfect neutral shade under my concealer. This WORKS if you use it correctly. If you apply too much, it will bleed/blend with your concealer, making it look orange.

I will buy this again and again and again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This is my new HG for undereye concealers. It's super lightweight, applies quickly and blends easily. You only need to use very little of it, so I'm not going to complain about the price because I can see this product going a very long way. It looks really orange, but once it's blended into the skin, it give the perfect amount of coverage and even a little bit of highlight. I've always set it, so I don't know how it holds up without setting powder, but for myself, it lasts all day (at least 10 hours). Not sure how waterproof it is but for the first 6 hours, it's fairly smudge proof, but I still wouldn't recommend you to constantly rub your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I just got this in the mail.. so far so good! Bought on MUA advice.. I wear Chanel Perfection Lumiere 30 / Vitalumiere 25 and got the orange one. I will update this review in a few days.
Very liquid, excellent skinny pointy brush - color blends in nicely.
Update Nov 6: I still like this, but I have discovered Estee LauderĀ“s double wear concealer and now this just doesn't impress anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the best corrector I've tried. I've used Bobbi Brown and Erase Paste and Laura Mercier before, and they all shared the same problem: bad texture. They looked cakey, hard to apply because they were so thick so I'd be pulling under my eye trying to get everything in place, some of them dried to a powdery finish which does not look natural at all.

But on to this Armani corrector. It's like water, it's super pigmented and blends effortlessly. BTW I own shade #2 I think, the orange one. I've used it every day for the last several months. I can't imagine doing my makeup without it, it just looks odd. I have severe dark circles of purple blue color over my crazy pale skin. After I apply and blend this I do my foundation and then pat a tiny amount over the corrected areas and it tones my skin back to normal without the dark circles.

Anyway, Yes I will buy this again and again. It doesn't look like I've made a dent in the bottle so far and it's been 3 months of use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

HG! HG ! HG ! I bought this with the suggestion of a lovely lady from boards , I am not exaggerating - i am super grateful to her. The master corrector in #2 is a must have if you are looking to cover "brown" dark circles , acne scars.

Product details
Color : peachy-orange
Pigmentation : highly pigmented
finish : natural
shimmer ? : there are light reflecting particles in it, they aren't very obvious unless you look closer
photographs : natural
Application : Its a bit tricky, takes time to figure out the right amount that works for you. Very easy to over do , hence start slow and build up.ALso, it kind of dries fast, so blend faster with your fingers. Best applied with - fingers .

Dark Circles :
I have allergic shiners, hereditary dark circles and on top that I never used spf eye cream, so it kinda gave me brownish panda eyes. I had like most obvious panda eyes and I had people asking me if was okay since I looked stressful.

In my experince I have never used a corrector, I used to apply only concealer and obviously my undereye area ended up looking ashy. And believe me when I say, it photographed very awfully, (twice as bad on the photos) . Enter giorgio armani orange corrector - voila, I dint even need to double up with the concealer. I would dot little bit - little bit only, you wont need much, it takes time to get used to the amount you need to cover your dark circles.
I would dot around my eyes and blend with my finger. I would then apply translucent powder to set off and - my dark circles are concealed about 80-90%. I am happy with that. I don't ususally double with a concealer unless I am attending some wedding or important meeting.

Acne Scars : Love this one for my browinsh acne scars. Application is very tricky for acne scars. I love to use this under brighter sunlight because it is very easy to over do this. I use this after using my Bourjois foundation.

Cons :
the packaging is a little bit flimsy, it kind of leaks out if I dont put it in a upright container

I would definitely buy it again and again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No