January 31, 2015 | 1754 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 6:25:00 PM More reviews by KateMoss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm NC20 and use #2, the orange one for my purple dark circles. Previously I was using the Bobbi Brown corrector which was a waxy, cakey mess. The GA corrector and concealer are very thin, liquidy formulas that set and look like skin. They don't cake, move or settle into fine lines. They are truly the best, but it takes time to learn how to use them to full potential, so I'll try to save you some time here:

1. Apply a couple of strokes of corrector directly on dark circles with the applicator's brush tip
2. Let it sit for about a minute to thicken
3. Use a separate taklon concealer brush and lightly spread the corrector to cover circles completely. Do NOT try to blend it into the skin with the brush or your fingers; if you are using it correctly, it should look like you now have orange circles, it should look freaky.
4. Let it dry for at least 2 minutes
5. Proceed with the GA concealer in your skin color (I use #3) using same steps as above
6. You may blend the concealer a little around the edges with fingers
7. Shake the tube before each use as the formula tends to separate a bit

If you follow the steps above, you'll be able to correct severe dark circles. The trick is to never use your fingers to blend and to wait between layers so the product has time to set on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 1:10:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally, a corrector that works! After watching a few tutorial reviews of this product on youtube, I decided to give it a try. The ORANGE #2 is described as correcting dark circles on olive and dark skin. I wasn't sure it would work for me since I have a fairly light skin tone. For reference only: I use Lancome Tient Miracle Buff 2C foundation. The product comes in a small tube with a very thin brush applicator attached to the twist off top. The color is not a bright orange, it is more of a muted orange. My method of application: 1. Apply under eye moisturizer (I prefer Clinique Even Better Eyes for application under makeup). I wait a minute then 2. Apply a tiny dot of primer to the under eye area 3. Using this products thin brush, I strategically place tiny dots of the product on top of the dark spots only 4. Using my ring finger, I tap to gently press the orange onto the under eye dark circle area. As a corrector, when used sparingly, this product blends easily and really does neutralize the darkness. It does not look orange, create the ashy color that I get when using bisque or peach correctors 5. I wait a few minutes, and apply concealer (I prefer Lancome Effacernes, my color is Beige III). I use my ring finger to apply the concealer too. I find I use LESS concealer as well and there is minimal settling into fine lines. I use a Chanel concealer brush to very gently blend out any visual fine line issues.
This product is not sticky, tacky, greasy nor is it drying on my skin. I do believe the key is to use minimal product, tiny dots, and gently tap and press over the dark circle. Do not apply loads of this product and definitely do not brush it on like a creamy corrector or concealer. Over all, I have tried many many products to help camouflage my dark circles and this is the best I have ever used. Amazing, ORANGE neutralizes both the blue and brown dark areas under my eyes. This product on my fairly light skin tone is a definite game changer. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by pren02

The corrector in shade 2 (orange, apricot) had virtually no effect on my very dark circles. A generous application can make one look like an oompa loompa panda! It contains parabens and other questionable ingredients. However, it does not crease or highlight lines. I would not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by geminisquared

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just had a facelift and my face was a map of bruises ranging from baby-poop yellow to boysenberry. As the bruises began to fade and the date to return to work were getting closer I resorted to this corrector (the lighter peach). I was able to hide all the bruises and no one at work noticed!

It's not intended as a concealer it is to be used directly on very discolored areas (blemishes, under eye circles) to neutralize the color (as soon as you see the teeeeeny, weeeeny thin little applicator brush you'll realize it's for spot correcting). You can then use your regular concealer on top.

This is one of those products that does what it promises. Magical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great little colour corrector when paired with a concealer - it really is not very amazing when used on its own.

My skin tone is NC15 and tired under eye circles on me are a grey-ashy-yellowy colour so I have this in the shade #01 (Pink). I like the little applicator brush as I find it places the exact amount of product needed - with this a little goes a very long way, it's a lovely creamy formula so you have plenty of time to work at blending it.

I like to paint a criss-cross under each eye and blend with an old school foundation brush - my current favourite being the Sedona Lace one. when this has dried I repeat the process with my GA concelaer over the top. This lightens and brightens under eye circles, is non-drying, is thin enough not to get cakey and lasts all day. For me the best method is before foundation.

The only reason I would not repurchase is I have many concealers to work through that would perform both jobs and this is quite pricey compared to other products on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: After visiting the Armani counter in Saks, I exchanged my shade #2 for the shade #1, which is pinker, and it's MUCH better with my skin tone. Using shade #1 I don't have to layer a concealer on top, as instead of a slight orange bruised tint, it just seems to erase and brighten my undereye area.

I have this in shade #2, the orange one. My skin is somewhat light, I wear about NC 20 in Mac, Fresco in EL DW, 4 or 4.5 in Armani Luminious Silk, Fiji in Nars, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, etc. I don't have bad dark circles, but I do get them and to compound that I've got a small crease under each eye that makes under eye makeup challenging.

This stuff is expensive for what you get, but that's Armani for you. The packaging is minimal, and you can barely see the Giorgio Armani label on the lid, since it's black lettering on a black lid. I don't really care about packaging that much and I am not a label whore, but for the price of this stuff, it'd be nice to see an obvious Armani logo. Silly, but just saying.

The wand brush is very thin, like eyeliner but more flexible. The product is fairly fluid. It doesn't cake at all, and it does hide my circles. I do have to blend really well to make sure it doesn't settle in my creases, but it's doable. This is a corrector, not a concealer, so you have to follow on top with an actual concealer. I use the Armani High Precision Retouch concealer, and then I do my foundation on top. It works really well and I will rebuy as needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sylvacious

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in pink and it does a great job correcting my blue undereye hollows.
Love the tiny brush because a little goes a long way. Expensive but will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best thing that has happened to my very very dark undereye circles. Very light, blendable and doesn't go in my lines. Most concealers go grey against my dark circles but this is the only one that prevents that. (This is a corrector, not a concealer so I need a concealer too though somedays I don't bother)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this corrector!! It is HG. The ORANGE corrector in shade #2 is the one you want to get. I tried the pink and it was so horrible, it looked like I set my eyes with Nars Angelika blush-that one is awful. I thought something must be wrong with the people reviewing this (lol). Finally re-read the reviews today and realized I had bought the wrong shade. The orange one is a miracle, just like all the reviews are claiming. The formula is SO light and amazing it feels like nothing and works wonders so you aren't cakey with crap under your eyes. This is however, a corrector, so put concealer on top. (I can't live without my ITCosmetics Bye Bye under eye concealer, It's truly the best product in the world and I've tried every concealer out there. It's better than this. Please read my review on the Itcosmetics concealer and I have laid out my method for getting the perfect under eye for someone with bruises for eyes like me.)

Anyway, GO BUY THIS!!

HG and will buy forever.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I'm reviewing this in #2 the orange shade. I bought this on a whim, it's my first Armani product, and I'm officially in love with this! I have very dark undereye circles, and every concealer I've tried, well they still show through! I was tired of hearing "you look so tired". My undereye are genetic!

This is very thin liquidy consistency, very pigmented, it's pricey but I think it's worth it, a nice soft brush applicator you can either dot it on or do small brush strokes, I then pat it in with my fingers. It doesn't crease at all, and it's easy to take off but stays put all day. One bottle lasts me 3-4 months with daily use.