Giorgio Armani Master Corrector

4.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Ozokerite, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, Mica].

on 4/25/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm fair skinned (nc15-20) and I have blueish dark circles which have been bothering me for years. I've tried so many concealers and none of them did the trick so far, except for Bobbi Brown corrector which I find too thick and cakey. I was giving up hope to find a product that really reduces my dark circles and still looks natural. But when I read the reviews on this corrector I decided to give it a try, my last resort, if this wasn't what I was looking for I would stick to my Bobbi Brown corrector. I have been using this in the orange shade #2 for about 10 days now and I never thought I would find it, but this is as close to a HG as I think I will ever get!

So this is how I use this:
First I shake the tube as the product tends to separate, then I wipe most of the product off the tiny brush and draw a few lines under my eyes. I spread out the product with a flat concealerbrush. I just dab it a little, I don't rub it or buff it in, just spread it out. I give it a minute or two to set, walking around like a weird orange racoon. Then I dab in creases if there are any and apply a little bit of concealer on top with my ringfinger and carefully dab it with my ecotools concealerbrush to even out the colour. I use Lancome effacernes, as it's still in my stash, but I guess it could be just any concealer, as it only needs to conceal the orange, the circles are allready corrected by the orange colour. Just make sure to use a very runny, liquidy concealer because a thin layer will look the most natural in the eye area. You could set this with a powder, but I usually don't, as these products don't really crease in fine lines once they're set and I don't like powder in the eye area.

As my eyes are deeper in their sockets I will always have some shadow under my eyes, but the corrector definately reduces the darkness in the skin, it's almost erased really! I look refreshed and so much brighter! It looks natural, not caked on at all, because of the thin consistency of the products and the fact that you only need a very thin layer of both of them. This stuff is very easy to work with and a little goes a long way.

I've been on a citytrip last week, so I have been out twelve hours a day and it did stay on well. When I came across a mirror I just checked it but it didn't need any work. By the end of the day it was still there and it still looked okay, not creasy, messy, smudgy or whatever bad things make-up can do on a long day. I don't find the packaging messy, just be careful wiping the little brush and no product is wasted.

Yes, this product is pricey (I've paid 34 euro), but it's worth it! This is the most effective, natural looking solution for my dark circles I've come across and believe me, I've tried many. If you're cursed with dark circles, serious dark circles I mean, and you prefer to look as natural as possible without looking like you haven't slept in weeks, buy this. Don't spend your hard-earned money on all these cheap, oh so promising but never working concealers. Just buy this and a decent liquid concealer in the right shade and you'll save a lot of money and disappointment on the long run.

on 3/9/2015 5:25:00 PM

I have this in Peach and it is all time my favorite dark eye product. I am a NC15/20 with terrible eye circles which are really dark with visible veins and often redness since my eyes are really prone to allergy so I am always on the hunt for better eye area products. This one is one of the very few I have fallen in love with.
This a corrector that you can use on daily basis. There are many correctors on the market that I've used and had good results but they are mostly high maintenance products that require a lot of work and fellow make up agents. I don't really have much skin conditions other than my dark circles so I prefer a really light face make up on daily basis.
The product does a good job at hiding dark circles. It doesn't take much product in order to achieve that. It can be sheered out for lighter pplication or used sparingly.
The consistency is good, not too liquid or thick. It doesn't dry out the area like some high power concealers do. It blends well and gives a natural finish. The lasting power is pretty well, at the end of long day it still sits there without fading. It doesn't crease much, I have some little lines under my eyes, after a few hours the product my settle in them a little but compared to my experiences with others, it is basically nothing for me.
Since it is a corrector, it needs a concealer on top. I can get away with my tinted moisturizer when I don't want much work done. With a concealer on top it looks great. I use a light concealer on correctors like Dior Nude Hydrating concealer and it does a great job on covering my nightmarish circles.
The applicator is nice, I also love that it doesn't come in a tube. It lasts along time too so the price is fair.
If you have really dark circles like me, you mightbe needing something more for special occasions (or whenever you wish). I have Mac's orange corrector, even though it is the ultimate corrector, it is a heavy product and I don't reach for it often as I've mentioned. I have tried Bobbi Brown correctors, MUFE, and possibly any other corrector that mid-high end brands has to offer along with some professional ones like Kryolan and Ben Nye. This is the one product I will keep buying while keeping my Mac orange corrector for rare occasions. If you have less scary eyes, you will definitely need no other product than this. This is what I look for in a perfect make up product: simple and actually gets the job done.

on 2/19/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the greatest makeup inventions ever. Seriously. I was intrigued by the strong orange color of this at Sephora, and after tapping it on under my eyes and applying a bit of Armani High Precision Retouch over it, I was blown away at how bright my eyes looked. Yes, there are other correctors on the market, but I think what sets Armani's apart is the silky and incredibly light liquid texture. While other correctors are thick creams that cake under the eyes and settle into lines, this is so weightless it almost seems to float over the skin (and it lasts all day without creasing!). The tube is very slim and small, and the brush is superfine so you have a lot of control when applying. At $39 USD a pop, it isn't cheap, but it really is amazing.

on 2/8/2015 5:52:00 PM

One of the most natural looking correctors I have ever used. I use #2 to counteract my dark circles. This does the job very elegantly, it's light and very, very easy to blend. Used in conjunction with the concealer, my dark circles are virtually non existent! Fantastic and will definitely recommend and repurchase.

on 1/31/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is for the orange corrector (02). I have REALLY BAD dark circles. Always have, always will. Now that I'm nearing 35, they're getting worse as I'm losing my already deficient fat padding under my eyes. Nothing will obliterate my dark undereyes completely, I've learned to accept that after trying so many correctors, but this one comes closer than any I've tried. The consistency is the main thing that sets this apart from Bobbi Brown and others I've tried. It's a liquid in a wand with a small brush, which I've never encountered before. All the other correctors I own are in pots, which were fine when I didn't have fine lines for them to settle in. I've come to really like thinner (but pigmented) concealers and correctors as I've gotten older and this fits the bill. It's a pretty scary looking orange in the tube, but blends in to my NW20 skin surprisingly well. If you have mild to moderate dark circles, this could be a miracle for you, but I could see it being too dark if you're any lighter than I am, though topping with a lighter concealer would probably fix it. The only downside is the price, and it is STEEP for me, but worth it. I usually top it with either Maybelline FitMe concealer or Garnier Tinted Eye Roller, which are both cheap enough and help offset the cost of the corrector in my mind.

on 1/18/2015 6:25:00 PM

I'm NC20 and use #2, the orange one for my purple dark circles. Previously I was using the Bobbi Brown corrector which was a waxy, cakey mess. The GA corrector and concealer are very thin, liquidy formulas that set and look like skin. They don't cake, move or settle into fine lines. They are truly the best, but it takes time to learn how to use them to full potential, so I'll try to save you some time here:

1. Apply a couple of strokes of corrector directly on dark circles with the applicator's brush tip
2. Let it sit for about a minute to thicken
3. Use a separate taklon concealer brush and lightly spread the corrector to cover circles completely. Do NOT try to blend it into the skin with the brush or your fingers; if you are using it correctly, it should look like you now have orange circles, it should look freaky.
4. Let it dry for at least 2 minutes
5. Proceed with the GA concealer in your skin color (I use #3) using same steps as above
6. You may blend the concealer a little around the edges with fingers
7. Shake the tube before each use as the formula tends to separate a bit

If you follow the steps above, you'll be able to correct severe dark circles. The trick is to never use your fingers to blend and to wait between layers so the product has time to set on the skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Finally, a corrector that works! After watching a few tutorial reviews of this product on youtube, I decided to give it a try. The ORANGE #2 is described as correcting dark circles on olive and dark skin. I wasn't sure it would work for me since I have a fairly light skin tone. For reference only: I use Lancome Tient Miracle Buff 2C foundation. The product comes in a small tube with a very thin brush applicator attached to the twist off top. The color is not a bright orange, it is more of a muted orange. My method of application: 1. Apply under eye moisturizer (I prefer Clinique Even Better Eyes for application under makeup). I wait a minute then 2. Apply a tiny dot of primer to the under eye area 3. Using this products thin brush, I strategically place tiny dots of the product on top of the dark spots only 4. Using my ring finger, I tap to gently press the orange onto the under eye dark circle area. As a corrector, when used sparingly, this product blends easily and really does neutralize the darkness. It does not look orange, create the ashy color that I get when using bisque or peach correctors 5. I wait a few minutes, and apply concealer (I prefer Lancome Effacernes, my color is Beige III). I use my ring finger to apply the concealer too. I find I use LESS concealer as well and there is minimal settling into fine lines. I use a Chanel concealer brush to very gently blend out any visual fine line issues.
This product is not sticky, tacky, greasy nor is it drying on my skin. I do believe the key is to use minimal product, tiny dots, and gently tap and press over the dark circle. Do not apply loads of this product and definitely do not brush it on like a creamy corrector or concealer. Over all, I have tried many many products to help camouflage my dark circles and this is the best I have ever used. Amazing, ORANGE neutralizes both the blue and brown dark areas under my eyes. This product on my fairly light skin tone is a definite game changer. Love it.

on 11/8/2014 4:02:00 PM

The corrector in shade 2 (orange, apricot) had virtually no effect on my very dark circles. A generous application can make one look like an oompa loompa panda! It contains parabens and other questionable ingredients. However, it does not crease or highlight lines. I would not recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I just had a facelift and my face was a map of bruises ranging from baby-poop yellow to boysenberry. As the bruises began to fade and the date to return to work were getting closer I resorted to this corrector (the lighter peach). I was able to hide all the bruises and no one at work noticed!

It's not intended as a concealer it is to be used directly on very discolored areas (blemishes, under eye circles) to neutralize the color (as soon as you see the teeeeeny, weeeeny thin little applicator brush you'll realize it's for spot correcting). You can then use your regular concealer on top.

This is one of those products that does what it promises. Magical.

on 7/7/2014 6:28:00 AM

This is a great little colour corrector when paired with a concealer - it really is not very amazing when used on its own.

My skin tone is NC15 and tired under eye circles on me are a grey-ashy-yellowy colour so I have this in the shade #01 (Pink). I like the little applicator brush as I find it places the exact amount of product needed - with this a little goes a very long way, it's a lovely creamy formula so you have plenty of time to work at blending it.

I like to paint a criss-cross under each eye and blend with an old school foundation brush - my current favourite being the Sedona Lace one. when this has dried I repeat the process with my GA concelaer over the top. This lightens and brightens under eye circles, is non-drying, is thin enough not to get cakey and lasts all day. For me the best method is before foundation.

The only reason I would not repurchase is I have many concealers to work through that would perform both jobs and this is quite pricey compared to other products on the market.

Popular Primer/ Correctors