October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Lip Gloss - Everyday Minerals - Antique Copper

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by s2dreamer

I saw a model wearing this on the EM website and thought I should get it...but on me it is the most unflattering, horrible colour ever. It comes out coppery ORANGE on my lips. Even my bf was horrified. I do like the texture of the lipgloss, more of a coloured balm but I don't think I will ever get through this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this last summer when it first came out, so if they have changed it in the meantime I apologize.

If only this looked on my lips how it does in the pot. It looks like a nice copper penny color. The payoff when applied is just not good enough. Not noticeable at all. I wear EMs Weekend Getaway on my cheeks and eyes and if I put some on my lips over a maroon lip liner and then put this lip color over it, it looks quite natural.

I will not be repurchasing, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Upsides:
The color looked great in the tube.
The packaging is portable (kind of like LipSmackers or Chapstick).
The product texture is kind of creamy.

Downsides:
The glitter in the product looks orange on my lips. Not a cute coppery orange...pumpkin orange. So I have to be really sparing.

If your lips are dry and cracked or peeling, the glitter will sink into the cracks while the gloss color sits on top of your lips, leaving your lips striped with glitter. This also happens if you have deeper lines in your lips. It is very difficult to remove the glitter when it does this.

The feeling on your lips isn't great. It feels dry when you apply it. When glosses where in the pots, they didn't really feel this way. If your lips feel a little dry, this product won't help your discomfort at all.

Like another reviewer, this left my lips peeling after several hours.

Overall, I had high hopes for the color, but will not buy this product again. I like Everyday Minerals and liked the original lip glosses (back when clear was the only option), but I cann't recommend this particular prodcut to others.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by momaste

Like the previous reviewer, I found this not at all like the swatch and hardly any color payoff. It feels nice on my lips, but doesn't give much color to them at all. Disappointing, since I love their other products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The computer swatch is *way* off on this one. It's more like the Peach swatch, as far as color. I was expecting something like Clinique's Black Raisin in a pot. . .but this wasn't it. It barely has any color pay off at all. It's a nice balm-y texture, but it does absolutely nothing for my lips. If I was a swapper, I'd put this puppy up right away. UPDATE: I tried to wear this to work to see if maybe I had been too quick to judge. Nope. It wasn't that it dried my lips like gave me flakies. . but after several hours of wear (around lunch time) it was like my lips were tight. . .like if you use too harsh of a facial scrubber on your cheeks. . .except it was my lips. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

OK,swatches on the computer do not do this color justice.It is a true rich copper that is absolutely beautiful.The formula feels as light as a balm yet imparts just enough pigment-the only thing they could do to improve imo is package it in a tube,and apparently that is on the way according to the EM website.This is somewhat similar to NARS Hot Voodoo but with less red.It is a perfect shade for redheads like me(fair,freckles,NC20).
The c/s for EM is excellent-orders generally get to me in a matter of 2-3 days regular USPS mail.The lip color is 5.00,which is such a steal for the amount that you get-(about 1.5-2 gm,respectively.)I often add a sample kit to get more for my $ if I am placing a smalll order like that;the amount of shipping doesn't vary whether you place an order for a gloss or for a whole kit so I feel if I get the sample kit(free)then it makes it worth it.Also,sample kits are great for travel or swap extras.